Windows 10: using alarm

Discus and support using alarm in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to use the alarm, but it won't go off. I think my computer is awake not going to sleep and it's plugged in so I don't know what the problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DavidThornbrugh, Feb 1, 2019.

1. using alarm

I'm trying to use the alarm, but it won't go off. I think my computer is awake not going to sleep and it's plugged in so I don't know what the problem is.

:)

DavidThornbrugh, Feb 1, 2019

2. Set an alarm in Alarms, and it doesn't notify me.

I've been having a problem with Alarms. Every time I set an alarm, it doesn't go off. One time, I set an alarm for 6:00pm and after reboot, it finally when off. Any suggestions?

d2123cross, Feb 1, 2019
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Windows 10 Alarm

Hi Marc,

To address your concern, we suggest that you synchronize the system clock with an internet time server in Windows 10. To do that, follow these steps:

• Open the Control Panel, and click on the Date and Time icon.
    • Click/on the Internet Time tab, and click on the Change settings
      button. If prompted by UAC, click on Yes.
    • Check the Synchronize with an Internet time server box, select a time server, and click on
      Update now. If an error occurred, click on Update now again to see if it may successfully synchronize. When the clock is successfully synchronized, click on
      OK.
    • Click on OK.
    • Go to Alarm & Clock app and test the alarm.

Let us know how it goes after performing the steps.

Mark Ole, Feb 1, 2019
  4. using alarm

Confused about alarm

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We are here to assist you.

I suggest you to refer the section “Can alarm still sound when my PC is off”, from the following Microsoft help article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/alarms-app-faq

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10

If the InstantGo application is in compatible with your computer, I suggest you to install it in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if the issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

using alarm

1. using alarm - Similar Threads - using alarm

2. Does Microsoft care about a company who uses their software without purchasing licenses fraud?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does Microsoft care about a company who uses their software without purchasing licenses fraud?: I know of a company that started small and is now a billion-dollar company that has never purchased Microsoft Licenses for their systems.I was told don't bother telling Microsoft because they do not care. This company knows they are doing wrong and has over 300 Microsoft...
  3. Which alarm program can I use to execute alarms with "Task Scheduler" in windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which alarm program can I use to execute alarms with "Task Scheduler" in windows?: How to use "Task scheduler" to set an alarm that should run every 45 minutes? I know how to use the task scheduler, but I don't know which Alarm program to use. The task scheduler should start the alarm, and then I should be able to stop it by pressing a key. submitted by...
  4. Can anyone recommend a good alarm app that allows the use of custom alarm tones?

Can anyone recommend a good alarm app that allows the use of custom alarm tones?: pls help submitted by /u/Reri1600 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i3i23h/can_anyone_recommend_a_good_alarm_app_that_allows/
  5. Making a (video)meeting alarm? (detecting camera and microphone use on Windows)

Making a (video)meeting alarm? (detecting camera and microphone use on Windows): submitted by /u/fodi666 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fzz9ry/making_a_videomeeting_alarm_detecting_camera_and/
  6. Use of Zone Alarm Firewall causing initial issue.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Use of Zone Alarm Firewall causing initial issue.: Whenever I boot up to Win 10 the Windows security shield icon is red for a couple of minutes or so before turning green. I discovered the cause was down to my use of ZoneAlarm as my firewall instead of the Windows one. Looking at my Zone Alarm config, it states I'm protected...
  7. How to add a clock to Start Menu using Alarms & Clock app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add a clock to Start Menu using Alarms & Clock app in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If for any reason, you want to add a clock to the Windows 10 Start Menu, you can use the Alarms & Clock app to […] This post How to add a clock to Start Menu using Alarms & Clock app in Windows 10 is from TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Acer Veriton N2620G fails to start using Power On by RTC Alarm in the morning

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Acer Veriton N2620G fails to start using Power On by RTC Alarm in the morning: Hi I have been loading our computers to startup automatically every morning using the Power on by RTC Alarm. I have one that has decided to perform differently. If I test the startup during the day it starts up as it should every time but when I leave it overnight and set...
  9. Windows Alarm app doesn't come to top ig using other apps all the time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Alarm app doesn't come to top ig using other apps all the time: When I'm playing a game and switching windows between games and other apps, the Windows Alarm app doesn't always pop up to top and play audio when alarm rings. It does always post an entry in Notification bar, but it doesn't pop up that app either. Bottom line is I cannot...
  10. alarm clock app - find, install use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    alarm clock app - find, install use: I found the antares free alarm clock app from the store and installed and clicked the "Open" button. The clock appeared showing the time but I can't find anything icon to actually set the time to be woken up. In fact, there is an icon indicating the alarm is disabled...