Windows 10: Using an application offline

Discus and support Using an application offline in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After the recent Windows 10 update, there is a problem using an application offline. The BBC provides a viewing platform call iPlayer and while an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnKnightavfc, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Using an application offline

After the recent Windows 10 update, there is a problem using an application offline. The BBC provides a viewing platform call iPlayer and while an internet connection is necessary to download programmes, they could be watched anywhere without the need of an internet connection. This is now not the case and it seems necessary to have an internet connection to view programmes using the iPlayer. Suggestions?

:)

JohnKnightavfc, Oct 5, 2018
  2. meebers Win User

RetailDemo Offline Content?

Was cleaning up my 10162 install using cleanmgr. One option on the list was "RetailDemo Offline Content", it was 100MB. Not sure what this is, before I delete it. Suggestions?

meebers, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Offline Maps for Pakistan

Hello,

If you wish to download the offline map for Pakistan, then it is currently unavailable on the Windows phone. We suggest that you send a suggestion on the Feedback Hub so we can add it on the next update. To send a feedback on your phone, you can follow the
    steps below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the
      add
      button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category, and then submit.

You can also download any alternative applications from the Store that support offline maps.

Don't hesitate to post back if you need further assistance.

Michael Rey, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Jelu Cal Win User

Using an application offline

offline files acces denied (file name database.xml)

Hi,

Access issues with offline files can be due to the changes in the configuration of the device and/or the host/server. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• If you're using the Windows Sync Center application to access/manage your offline files.
    • If you're referring to the use of the OneDrive application.
    • If your device is managed by a domain or an organization.
    • The exact error messages that you're getting when accessing the files.
    • The version and build of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

In the meantime, we'd recommend performing the following steps to verify the status of the offline file access on your device:

• Search and launch Control Panel using Cortana.
    • In the Search Control Panel box, type offline.
    • Under Sync Center, click Manage offline files.
    • In the Offline Files pop-up window, check if its enabled.

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

Using an application offline

1. Using an application offline - Similar Threads - Using application offline

2. คำสั่ง Use printer offline หาย

in Windows 10 Gaming
    คำสั่ง Use printer offline หาย: ไม่สามารถยกเลิก use printer offline ได้ เนื่องจากคำสั่งไม่ขึ้น เป็นเฉพาะแชร์เครื่องพิมพ์ด้วยครับ เครื่องพิมพ์ Local มีคำสั่งนี้ปกติ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%B3%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%87-use-printer/77153763-c605-4ee2-9cd8-79ec1c15bb14
  3. Voice Access for offline use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Voice Access for offline use: Perhaps I'm missing something when I searched this community. I need to set up voice access to control my Windows 11 machine and allow dictation into apps such as Word. But I need to confirm that it is offline and not using any cloud services. For privacy reasons.The Voice...
  4. Voice Access for offline use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Voice Access for offline use: Perhaps I'm missing something when I searched this community. I need to set up voice access to control my Windows 11 machine and allow dictation into apps such as Word. But I need to confirm that it is offline and not using any cloud services. For privacy reasons.The Voice...
  5. msix-application won't start when offline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    msix-application won't start when offline: We have an msix-application that we install with AppInstaller on our users devices before we ship the devices. Whenever they start the app it checks for updates and updates if necessary which have been working fine. However, since the latest Windows Update for windows 11...
  6. msix-application won't start when offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    msix-application won't start when offline: We have an msix-application that we install with AppInstaller on our users devices before we ship the devices. Whenever they start the app it checks for updates and updates if necessary which have been working fine. However, since the latest Windows Update for windows 11...
  7. Bizarre: Microphone sounds good in offline applications, but Terrible in online applications.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bizarre: Microphone sounds good in offline applications, but Terrible in online applications.: I am having a very strange issue with my microphone. On local applications such as the windows recorder or Audacity, the mic quality is great, but on online recorders, online games, skype, the quality is terrible. More specifically, I am trying to play music trough the...
  8. Using Onedrive offline

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using Onedrive offline: Onedrive cannot access files without an internet connection. Is there an app to sync offline files with online files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-onedrive-offline/c0e5c910-1966-4ae3-b99f-b555e47c3410
  9. UWP application can't launch in offline mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    UWP application can't launch in offline mode: We faced a problem with one of our UWP application in offline mode. When offline, after the UWP install finish, click "Launch", it will report error with "12007" error(Also same problem from the Start Menu). Even we removed the "Internet connection" capabilities, it...
  10. Using DISM to restore offline image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using DISM to restore offline image: Hi Microsoft, My windows 10 bootloader is corrupted. I receive errors 0xc0000225 and 0xc0000098 while booting. I have found different methods on internet to fix it but none of it seemed to work. I was trying to repair my image using dism.exe but the problem i am facing...