Windows 10: Using an ethernet cable to link a internet ready bluray player to my laptop to share the...

Discus and support Using an ethernet cable to link a internet ready bluray player to my laptop to share the... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I use the hotspot on my cell phone to connect my computer to the internet. is it possible to share this internet connection with a sony bluray player... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DeniseCrome, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Using an ethernet cable to link a internet ready bluray player to my laptop to share the...

I use the hotspot on my cell phone to connect my computer to the internet. is it possible to share this internet connection with a sony bluray player model BDP-BX18, which is internet capable just not a wireless connection. Can i use an ethernet cable linking the bluray to my laptop, so I can use the laptop's wifi connection to my phone's hotspot

:)

DeniseCrome, Mar 13, 2019

2. Sony VAIO laptop Bluray Player/Writer

Hi,

Will the Sony VAIO laptop Bluray player/Writer work after installing Windows 10?

it is extremely important as i store some data on bluray writable discs.

It requires a licence from WINDVD BD which I have as part of purchasing a laptop with a bulit in bluray player/writer.

Any and all help will be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Sohail Qureshi, Mar 13, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Ethernet cable settings

Hi Campbell,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the follow questions to get a better understanding on the issue:

• What is the model number of your laptop?
    • Do you have a yellow exclamation on the network icon after connecting the cat 7 cable?

However, you can follow the troubleshooting steps from
    Fix network connection issues in Windows

Also, I suggest you to check the laptop manual or laptop manufacturer to know whether the Ethernet port of your laptop supports cat 7 cable.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 13, 2019
  4. Using an ethernet cable to link a internet ready bluray player to my laptop to share the...

laptop can't find wifi but connects with ethernet cable

Please try these troubleshooting steps that may help.

1. Make sure the router SSID broadcast is on.
    2. Change the wifi channel to see if it resolves the problem.
    3. Enter the SSID and WPA2 password manually and see if the laptop connects.
    4. Temporarily turn off the encryption.
    5. We go into device manager & check updates for wifi drivers, we may need to simply update the driver.
    6. We go to Settings - Network & Internet - Status - Change Adapter Options, then right-clicked 'Ethernet' and disabled it. We do the same with wifi. Then we (with Ethernet still disabled) enabled wifi. It should re-connect to your wifi after a while.
    7. We have to disconnect our Ethernet cable from our laptop and follow the steps:
      Start>Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center>Manage Wireless Networks and remove all wireless connections by right click on it and select Remove network from the drop down menu. After doing this, close the windows and scan for the wifi networks.
      Click on the available network and select connect. After a while, we will be asked to give a password for our wifi connection. Type the password and click on connect button. And now will be connected to our wifi network via wireless.
    8. First is to disconnect the internet cable from the laptop then uninstall/reinstall the wifi adapter.
      Go to Device Manager and uninstall the wifi adapter.
      Once uninstalled, reboot the laptop and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
      After the reboot do try connecting to your wireless network again.
      If all these will not work, do also make sure that the wireless adapter is enabled. Depending the model of your laptop there should be key combinations on how to enable/disable it.

Daisy Zhou, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

Using an ethernet cable to link a internet ready bluray player to my laptop to share the...

1. Using an ethernet cable to link a internet ready bluray player to my laptop to share the... - Similar Threads - Using ethernet cable

2. No internet using ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet using ethernet cable: Hey,I have had my internet running for almost a year with no issues, now suddenly i just stops working and i am lost why.My PC doesnt want to connect to internet using the ethernet cable, wifi works fine and has no issues.Its not my cable as i unplugged it from my PC and on...
  3. No internet using ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet using ethernet cable: Hey,I have had my internet running for almost a year with no issues, now suddenly i just stops working and i am lost why.My PC doesnt want to connect to internet using the ethernet cable, wifi works fine and has no issues.Its not my cable as i unplugged it from my PC and on...
  4. Share laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Share laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to PC: I'd like to share my laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to my PC.However, it appears that once I plug in the cable to the laptop, instead of sharing, it makes it so even the laptop will not have WiFi. It will not let me get WiFi back on the laptop, unless unplug the cable, and...
  5. Share laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Share laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to PC: I'd like to share my laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to my PC.However, it appears that once I plug in the cable to the laptop, instead of sharing, it makes it so even the laptop will not have WiFi. It will not let me get WiFi back on the laptop, unless unplug the cable, and...
  6. Share laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Sharing my VPN via Ethernet Cable

Sharing my VPN via Ethernet Cable: Hi!I'd like to make a hotspot to share my VPN-enabled internet to another computer via an Ethernet cable. I'm using Windows 10 on both devices. I can't seem to get this to work, though I've been told it's very possible!The host computer can share the internet just fine using...
  8. Ethernet cable plugged in but there is no internet

Ethernet cable plugged in but there is no internet: I logged onto my PC this morning and noticed I had no internet. I used another ethernet cable and they both did not work. I looked up some solutions and tried doing ipconfig/release and /renew but it says “No operation can be performed on Ethernet 2 while it has its media...
  9. What is the name of this cable? (came with Pioneer bluray player)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is the name of this cable? (came with Pioneer bluray player): This cable came with my Pioneer Bluray player but I lost it. Is it possible to buy the same or similar cable separately? Here's the place where the cable plugs into (strange shape): Imgur: The magic of the Internet The cable is shown here too: Pioneer Slim BDRW/DVDRW...
  10. BluRay player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BluRay player: Where can I download a Microsoft ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluray-player/3ab36b30-0ac0-49ca-b572-395641d573bc