Windows 10: Using an external webcam for photos and video

Discus and support Using an external webcam for photos and video in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. I have a C922 Pro Stream Webcam that I use for video calls and would like to use it to take photos and record videos on my laptop. In my integrated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LibaISR, Aug 6, 2019.

1. LibaISR Win User

Using an external webcam for photos and video

Hi. I have a C922 Pro Stream Webcam that I use for video calls and would like to use it to take photos and record videos on my laptop. In my integrated camera settings there is no option to switch cameras and I can't figure out how to make my external webcam override my integrated camera. I've tried disabling my laptop camera but that didn't work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

:)

LibaISR, Aug 6, 2019

2. Webcam and Photos blocked by Anniversary Update

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

As you are facing issues with the photo app I suggest you to follow the below method.

Method 1: Run the Windows App Troubleshooter

I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

For the issue related to webcam I suggest you to perform the below steps.

Method 2:

You may also update the Camera driver from Device Manager manually and check if this helps.

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.
    • Expand “Other devices”.
    • Right click on the “Integrated webcam” drivers and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Anup Karkal, Aug 6, 2019
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    webcam records audio but no video

Hi Corey,

The webcam's functionality may be affected by the settings of the application you're using. The webcam's settings and the application settings can collide. We'd like to ask a few questions to help us identify why there's no video output:

• What applications are you using with the webcam?
    • To avoid repetition, can you provide us all the troubleshooting steps that you've done so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages or return codes when using the webcam?

In the meantime, you can check this link on how to get started in using your webcam.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Erika Aro, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Using an external webcam for photos and video

Webcam only in B/W

Hi Seth,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I can understand that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. What is the model number of the laptop?
    2. Is this an external/internal webcam?
    3. If it’s an external webcam, may I know the make and model of the webcam?

I suggest you to refer the section ‘Roll back your webcam driver’ from the article
    Camera does not work in Windows 10 for the troubleshooting steps.

Get back to us for further assistance on this issue with the required information. We will be happy to help you.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Using an external webcam for photos and video

1. Using an external webcam for photos and video - Similar Threads - Using external webcam

2. Webcam no video?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Webcam no video?: Hey guys, I have a Logitech C615 webcam which was working just fine yesterday. I needed to change its USB port and since making the change, it has no video output. I have since returned it to its previous port and the issue persists. My privacy settings are correct, the...
  3. Using External Webcam for calling video by teams on tablet Surface Pro 7

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using External Webcam for calling video by teams on tablet Surface Pro 7: Microsoft Modern Webcam can be used as external webcam on PC for calling video by MS Teams. I would like to ask more information:- Can I use Microsoft Modern Webcam as external webcam on Tablet Surface Pro 7 like on PC in a Teams meeting or call?- If yes. Can I use External...
  4. External webcam

External webcam: How can I set up an external webcam on Windows 10 when its set up disc does not include Windows 10. The webcam is an ALBA M6607M https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-webcam/d7eb55ca-f0f4-4bdd-a83b-b5475e8330b1
  5. External webcam unidentified

External webcam unidentified: Hi, Trying to connect my external webcam-unused for a while, but despite having found and used the original disc to update/load the driver, at the install Shield Wizard, after asking to connect device, I do, and it just keeps asking to connect. 1. webcam identified in...
  6. External Webcam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Webcam: I connected an external webcam and the camera app recognizes it but no other apps, such as Facebook and OBS Open Broadcast Software recognize it. I have tried two different webcams, both new. I have windows 10. home....
  7. How to reverse video footage from external webcam

How to reverse video footage from external webcam: Hi there, I'm hoping someone can help with this as I know very little about computers. I am attempting to film videos for a website, using a sandstrom webcam, but I need to reverse the footage so that it's in mirror image. My laptop is just new and uses Windows 10. Is there...
  8. Using Photos to eidt videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using Photos to eidt videos: Using Video Editor I open the Photos app and under Video Projects click "New video project." A name is given and in the Project library an MP4 video is added. This is then dragged on the "Storyboard" and should then appear in the preview pane on the right of the library as...
  9. windows 10 webcam video and photo storage issue

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 webcam video and photo storage issue: I have been using the webcam on my windows 10 PC. It stored these photos in the Camera Roll previously. I take the pictures and review and delete ones that I don't care for as I have done in the past. Once I leave the camera app on the webcam I cannot find the pictures in the...
  10. Creating a video using photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating a video using photos: I want to create a short video using my photos. But it is set by default that the duration of this video is only 3 seconds. It is important for me to change the timing. Is it possible?...