Windows 10: Using an image to build identical computers using Windows 10

Discus and support Using an image to build identical computers using Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello: I have 15 identical computers to set up. They already have a fully licesnsed copy of Windows 10 installed. I thought I would set up the first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ken PMT, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Ken PMT Win User

Using an image to build identical computers using Windows 10

Hello: I have 15 identical computers to set up. They already have a fully licesnsed copy of Windows 10 installed. I thought I would set up the first one, make a system recovery image using the Windows utility and install the image on the other computers.

After this I think I would need to reactivate them. I have been provided with an activation key by the integrator that sold me the computers. They say i can use this activation key to reactivate all fifteen computers.

I just want to make sure this is legit. I am concerned I might lose the original license on the target computer when I copy the image. Can I use the same activation key to re-activate multiple computers after imaging?

:)

Ken PMT, Nov 6, 2018

2. is it possible to hand build a motherboard?

Might I suggest you simply build a computer, making notes and taking pictures step by step. Most people (probably including your teacher) have no idea even where to start building a computer. You'll do fine, and if you get stuck we're here to help ya out! *Toast :toast:

thoughtdisorder, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Aquinus Win User

Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Using an image to build identical computers using Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Using image build

2. Using an Image Copy to Configure a New Laptop that is Identical to the Old Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using an Image Copy to Configure a New Laptop that is Identical to the Old Laptop: Let's say I buy a new Windows 11 laptop, spend many hours configuring it with software, but eventually notice a hardware issue. I am still within the return period, so the retailer let's me do an exchange for an identical laptop i.e. same model with same CPU, GPU, RAM, etc....
  3. Using an Image Copy to Configure a New Laptop that is Identical to the Old Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using an Image Copy to Configure a New Laptop that is Identical to the Old Laptop: Let's say I buy a new Windows 11 laptop, spend many hours configuring it with software, but eventually notice a hardware issue. I am still within the return period, so the retailer let's me do an exchange for an identical laptop i.e. same model with same CPU, GPU, RAM, etc....
  4. The system image was created on a computer using BIOS EFI and this computer is using EFI BIOS".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The system image was created on a computer using BIOS EFI and this computer is using EFI BIOS".: When I created a System Image for backup and tryed to restore the system Image, I received the following warning and the restoration failed. "Windows cannot restore a system image to a computer that has different firmware. The system image was created on a computer using BIOS...
  5. The system image was created on a computer using BIOS EFI and this computer is using EFI BIOS".

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The system image was created on a computer using BIOS EFI and this computer is using EFI BIOS".: When I created a System Image for backup and tryed to restore the system Image, I received the following warning and the restoration failed. "Windows cannot restore a system image to a computer that has different firmware. The system image was created on a computer using BIOS...
  6. Can I use a system image to restore Windows 10 on different but hardware wise identical laptop?

Can I use a system image to restore Windows 10 on different but hardware wise identical laptop?: Hi, I just bought a new laptop and installed Windows 10 Pro. Unfortunately the battery is defect and I will receive a new Laptop from the dealer. Can I use a system image to restore Windows 10 on this laptop? This laptop will have the exact same hardware. Reason is of...
  7. Restore Image to SSD using a second computer

Restore Image to SSD using a second computer: My desktop computer failed to boot. Windows was an SSD drive. I have a System Image on an external HDD, in a subfolder. Can I use a second windows computer to restore the the image from the external HDD to the SSD drive I can connect the SDD to this PC also as an external...
  8. Restore Image to HDD using a second computer

Restore Image to HDD using a second computer: My desktop computer failed to boot. Windows was an SSD drive. I have a System Image on an external HDD, in a subfolder. Can I use a second windows computer to restore the the image from the external HDD to the SSD drive I can connect the SDD to this PC also as an external...
  9. Using Windows 10 Image

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using Windows 10 Image: If I use an image of Windows 10 for a clean install, would the current version of Windows remain? For example: Computer comes with Windows 10 Pro, I use an image to deploy said computer. Will the clean install recognize the computer had Pro or will it revert to Home edition?...
  10. Use image to upgrade to Windows 10

Use image to upgrade to Windows 10: I have several machine running Windows 7 Professional that I want to upgrade to Windows 10. Question is can I upgrade 1 machine add my other programs Office etc , take an image and then use that image to upgrade the other machines. Adding a new machine using Win7 image was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. new 2018 windows10 computers not letting capture image