Windows 10: using an old copy of 22H2

Discus and support using an old copy of 22H2 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I upgraded to win11 over a year ago. Now I need to reinstall all software and protect data.The obvious way would to be a clan install of 22H2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SnrPargolfer, May 21, 2024.

1. using an old copy of 22H2

I upgraded to win11 over a year ago. Now I need to reinstall all software and protect data.The obvious way would to be a clan install of 22H2 maintaining data.However, I can only find 22H2 under win10 can I run this and still maintain my data.It would be easy to upgrade to the next version, but even having with secure boot I am stuck at the moment,and I gather many others are, but I'll sort that out later.

:)

SnrPargolfer, May 21, 2024

2. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, May 21, 2024
  3. dhdude Win User
    Replacing old hard drive, need way to copy Windows installation across

Hey Guys,
    What would be the best way of copying/imaging the entire contents of an old system drive over to a replacement hard disk for the same machine? I need to copy the Windows installations and all other data to the new drive, and then format the old drive to use as a backup.

Any suggestions? *Smile using an old copy of 22H2 :)

dhdude, May 21, 2024
  4. using an old copy of 22H2

How to copy administrator user account

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to copy the user date and check if it helps.

Note: I suggest to create a new user profile and transfer user data to new account and delete or change the corrupt user profile.

Copy User Data: Follow the below steps to copy files to the new user profile

• Log on as a user other than the user whose profile you are copying files to or from.
    • In Windows Explorer, click View, and Check mark hidden files and folders, uncheck the
      Hide protected operating system files check box, and then click
      OK
    • Locate the C:\Users\Old Username folder, where
      C is the drive on which Windows is installed, and Old Username is the name of the profile you want to copy user data from.
    • Press and hold down the CTRL key while you click each file and subfolder in this folder, except the following files:

• Ntuser.dat

• Ntuser.dat.log

• Ntuser.ini
    • On the Edit menu, click
      Copy
    • Locate the C:\Users\New Username folder, where
      C is the drive on which Windows is installed, and New Username is the name of the user profile that you created in the "Create a New User Profile" section.
    • On the Edit menu, click
      Paste
    • Log off the computer, and then log on as the new user.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 21, 2024
Thema:

using an old copy of 22H2

1. using an old copy of 22H2 - Similar Threads - using old copy

2. using an old copy of 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    using an old copy of 22H2: I upgraded to win11 over a year ago. Now I need to reinstall all software and protect data.The obvious way would to be a clan install of 22H2 maintaining data.However, I can only find 22H2 under win10 can I run this and still maintain my data.It would be easy to upgrade to...
  3. Using an Image Copy to Configure a New Laptop that is Identical to the Old Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using an Image Copy to Configure a New Laptop that is Identical to the Old Laptop: Let's say I buy a new Windows 11 laptop, spend many hours configuring it with software, but eventually notice a hardware issue. I am still within the return period, so the retailer let's me do an exchange for an identical laptop i.e. same model with same CPU, GPU, RAM, etc....
  4. Using an Image Copy to Configure a New Laptop that is Identical to the Old Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using an Image Copy to Configure a New Laptop that is Identical to the Old Laptop: Let's say I buy a new Windows 11 laptop, spend many hours configuring it with software, but eventually notice a hardware issue. I am still within the return period, so the retailer let's me do an exchange for an identical laptop i.e. same model with same CPU, GPU, RAM, etc....
  5. How to programmatically force use of the old print dialog in Windows 11 22H2

How to programmatically force use of the old print dialog in Windows 11 22H2: Please tell me how to programmatically force the use of the old print dialog in Windows 11 22H2 in C ++? For example, using the PrintDlgEx and PrintDlg functions also invokes a new print dialog instead of the old one. There is also a way to make an entry in the registry, but...
  6. Windows 10 old copy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 old copy: I need a copy of Windows 10, an old copy. I have a license and key. I used Windows 10 sucessfully until a revision came out. I reloaded and old copy and turned off automatic updates, Everything was fine. I inadvertently turn on automatic updates and Windows failed after an...
  7. Windows 10 old copy

Windows 10 old copy: I need a copy of Windows 10, an old copy. I have a license and key. I used Windows 10 sucessfully until a revision came out. I reloaded and old copy and turned off automatic updates, Everything was fine. I inadvertently turn on automatic updates and Windows failed after an...
  8. Windows 10 old copy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Desktop copying an old laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop copying an old laptop: So we have 2 computers in our house rn, one of them is a 8 year old laptop and the other is a new all in one desktop, so i got this weird thing where if i change the laptops settings the desktops settings change and im not talking about like themes and such, the wallpapers...
  10. Outlook is using an old copy of your Outlook data file . . .

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook is using an old copy of your Outlook data file . . .: [img] Outlook is driving me crazy! Office 365 ProPlus got updated yesterday, and today it's giving me this stupid thing! It also doesn't seem to be collecting my emails for me. In fact, I tried to send an email from one of my accounts to another one and it told me I don't...