Windows 10: Using An Old Laptop For Backup

Discus and support Using An Old Laptop For Backup in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi, I'm looking for suggestions on the best way to re-purpose an old laptop as an external backup medium. Here is the current situation: 1. We have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Rubi, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Rubi Win User

Using An Old Laptop For Backup

Hi,

I'm looking for suggestions on the best way to re-purpose an old laptop as an external backup medium.

Here is the current situation:

1. We have 4 Windows 10 laptops at home

2. I have an old (about 8 years) Windows 7 laptop

What are the options to use the old laptop for backup?

Thanks!

:)

2. Lawls Win User

Unable to Restore New Laptop from Backup of Old Laptop

Hi Ken. Thank you so much for providing me with this link. It talked me through solving my problem step by step and I successfully restored my files from my old laptop onto my new laptop. I can't thank you enough. Jeff

Lawls, Mar 11, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    What to do with old laptop

If you actually read the thread it is a spare old laptop.

Nordic, Mar 11, 2019
  4. n-ster Win User

n-ster, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Using An Old Laptop For Backup - Similar Threads - Using Old Laptop

2. Use old HDD from old laptop as an external drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use old HDD from old laptop as an external drive?: Hey there, this is my first time writing/asking here, so any response would be appreciated :So I have an old laptop of mine, an Asus A42J with 4GB of ram and 150GB of HDD. My plan is upgrading the HDD to an SSD, but I don't really want to backup anything from my HDD because...
  3. Use old HDD from old laptop as an external drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Use old HDD from old laptop as an external drive?: Hey there, this is my first time writing/asking here, so any response would be appreciated :So I have an old laptop of mine, an Asus A42J with 4GB of ram and 150GB of HDD. My plan is upgrading the HDD to an SSD, but I don't really want to backup anything from my HDD because...
  4. Use old HDD from old laptop as an external drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Is it possible use a restore point or backup from a different laptop on a laptop that used...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible use a restore point or backup from a different laptop on a laptop that used...: The Laptop That Doesn't Have an Operating System Anymore: HP Pavilion m1-u000 x360 Convertible PC - Used To Have Windows 10 Home But Does Not Anymore...
  6. Using old SSD for backups

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Using old SSD for backups: Not a question, just wanted to share. I bought a Samsung 860 Evo a few months ago and have been using it since (thanks to those who helped with that). I kept my old SSD and recently purchased an enclosure for it. Previously I had been imaging to a 10 year old HDD. Images took...
  7. Laptop Using Backup Graphics Card

Laptop Using Backup Graphics Card: Dell XPS 15 laptop, just over a year old. Using Windows 10. Problem started a couple months ago maybe with a Windows update, not 100% sure but I've only had time to seriously delve into it now. It came with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti with Max-Q Design graphics card....
  8. Restoring an old backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring an old backup: in 2009 I backed up my wife's data onto discs before she got rid of her laptop. I now want to restore the data to my Windows 10 laptop but cannot find any software. Any ideas please....
  9. Unable to Restore New Laptop from Backup of Old Laptop

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Unable to Restore New Laptop from Backup of Old Laptop: I was having keyboard problems with my Lenovo Flex 5. It was still under warranty so I sent the laptop back to Lenovo at their request. Before I sent it to them I ran a backup to an external hard drive. The files are located in a file labeled "File History". They sent me a...
  10. Bunch of old HDD's - how to use as NAS backup

Bunch of old HDD's - how to use as NAS backup: Hi there If you have a few old HDD's available why not use these for backing up NAS etc. To do this IMO the best way is as follows : 1) Get say a 4 Bay (powered) HDD container with USB3 connector -- really cheap one with no built in RAID etc works really well. 2 Bay...