Windows 10: Using an old password

Discus and support Using an old password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi there, Is there anyway I can reuse a previous password i’ve already used? It’s so frustrating that if i change, it says i can’t use an old... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MartyAbbott, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Using an old password

Hi there,

Is there anyway I can reuse a previous password i’ve already used?

It’s so frustrating that if i change, it says i can’t use an old password.

Thanks.

:)

MartyAbbott, Sep 4, 2018
  2. Bob Marks Win User

Reuse/Reset an old Password

Thanks for your quick response. But my problem is that M.S. says old password con not be used. I want to switch back to my old password. I think I need to contact M.S. to clear the registry for my passwords. Then, I will be able to switch back.

Bob Marks, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Using an old password

Reuse/Reset an old Password

Hi Bob,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know how are you trying to change the Password? Using web base browser or mail client?

For now let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. I suggest you to open the outlook.com web page on the browser and log-in using the working password. Now try changing the password from the change password option and check if it helps.

• Click on the Gear and click Option.
    • Click on Account details (Password, addresses, time zone) and click on
      Security & Privacy.
    • Click on Change password and provide the credential and change the password.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Using an old password

1. Using an old password - Similar Threads - Using old password

2. Old Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old Password: I was recently forced to change my password, and getting a error message, despite only trying once. I want my old password back, even though it was quite weak. I did change it but I want my old one back. How do I do that?...
  3. Old Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old Password: I was recently forced to change my password, and getting a error message, despite only trying once. I want my old password back, even though it was quite weak. I did change it but I want my old one back. How do I do that?...
  4. old passwords

old passwords: i need to find an old password that is used to use for another webiste both that website and my microsoft account at the time had the same password is there a way to see my previous passwords i have used on this account no, i do have the password for this account its not the...
  5. old password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    old password: Old computer will not let me in. says I need old password. How do I open the computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-password/8c3e65eb-d347-4a2f-8cdf-7950e0967cfa
  6. File Sharing Using old Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Sharing Using old Password: I am sharing my whole drive via windows 11,via the advanced sharing option i only gave my Microsoft account access to the drive now when trying to connect via a different pc using my current Microsoft account password it doesn't work,using my old password instead works to...
  7. File Sharing Using old Password

File Sharing Using old Password: I am sharing my whole drive via windows 11,via the advanced sharing option i only gave my Microsoft account access to the drive now when trying to connect via a different pc using my current Microsoft account password it doesn't work,using my old password instead works to...
  8. SMB still using my old password.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SMB still using my old password.: Hello, I am using the SMB protocol to move a few files. My SMB configurations only work with my old password. I changed my password a while ago (Microsoft Account) but SMB is still using the old password. How can I fix this? submitted by /u/WoiLou [link] [comments]...
  9. Unable to re-use old password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to re-use old password: Why do I have to change my password after 20 years? I now have issues with my account and never have before Microsoft said i have to change my password and cant reuse any of the three passwords i have rotated for all my accounts... I definitely dont understand companies...
  10. Old Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Old Password: I have an older Laptop running Win 10. I wish to give to my grandson. My password must be an older MS account password because it doesn't accept my current MS password and I don't have a password disk for the older password. Need Help...