Windows 10: Using applications to stop telemetry

Discus and support Using applications to stop telemetry in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I am asking this question today, I am aware that using applications to stop telemetry of windows 10 (and other things) might break the operating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by windowz123, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Using applications to stop telemetry

Hello, I am asking this question today, I am aware that using applications to stop telemetry of windows 10 (and other things) might break the operating system and causing security issues.

I am studying this right now.. and even with legitimate license of Windows 10 and Office, I strongly feel something needs to be done to take back some control, even with some risk of breaking the OS.

There is the school of thought that it's too dangerous simply, I already read some arguments and I am aware of the possible consequences.

What I want to know is this, has anyone tried one application to control the telemetry a bit, disableling Cortana, MS store, Edge, the keylogging, etc. An application that is good, legetimate and safe enough? Something that can be tolerated.

I am sure there must be other people sharing my concerns and who are working hard in the search for the perfect solution for this.. I am just not fully up to date on that subject today.

:)

windowz123, Mar 3, 2020
  2. torre Win User

Win10 Telemetry

Good article from ZDNet.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/microso...on-off-switch/

torre, Mar 3, 2020
  3. Disabling Windows Compatibility Telemetry - Windows 10

Hello,

Windows telemetry inform our decisions and focus our efforts in providing the most robust, most valuable platform for your business and the people who count on Windows to enable them to be as productive as possible. Telemetry gives users a voice in
    the operating system’s development. For more information regarding Windows telemetry, you may check this
    article.

If you don't want to participate in providing automatic feedback to improve the operating system, we can disable Windows Telemetry by following these steps:

• Run the Services desktop application.
    • Locate Diagnostics Tracking Service in the services list, and open its
      Property Sheet.
    • Stop the Diagnostics Tracking Service, and then change the Startup Type to
      Disabled.
    • Click OK.
    We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Antoneth Ber, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Ima Troll Win User

Using applications to stop telemetry

Microsoft Telemetry Compatibility

Microsoft Telemetry Compatibility is, simply stated, a virus that ships with Windows.

• Hit the Windows key and type Task Scheduler
    • Drill down to Task Scheduler Library | Microsoft | Windows | Application Experience
    • Disable Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser
    • Disable ProgramDataUpdater

Ima Troll, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

Using applications to stop telemetry

1. Using applications to stop telemetry - Similar Threads - Using applications stop

2. Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Using High CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Using High CPU: Hi, whenever I startup, I notice that Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry uses about 50-80% of my CPU which stops after a minute or so. Is this normal or should I be concerned?...
  3. Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Using High CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Using High CPU: Hi, whenever I startup, I notice that Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry uses about 50-80% of my CPU which stops after a minute or so. Is this normal or should I be concerned?...
  4. Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Using High CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to turn off Application Telemetry in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn off Application Telemetry in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]At times, apps gather usage data anonymously from your system. However, if you do not want that to happen, you can turn off Application Telemetry in Windows 11/10, using the Local Group Policy Editor and Registry Editor. What is Microsoft application telemetry?...
  6. Is it possible to disable application telemetry for my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to disable application telemetry for my Microsoft account?: I was just on account.microsoft.com/privacy and I saw that they're logging which applications I use. I'd be fine with it if it were just my Windows Store apps or if it gave me an obvious toggle, but they're logging my Steam games to my Microsoft account. Project Cars 2,...
  7. Stop telemetry

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stop telemetry: What is the best way to stop Windows 10 telemetry short of disconnecting from the internet? I'm finding conflicting articles with some saying to edit group policy and others staying that it can't be stopped. The best guide I've found is this one: Stop Windows 10 spying on you...
  8. Telemetry meaning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Telemetry meaning: In full diagnostic settings its send advance diagnostic data which include the files and content ? What's the meaning of files and content here ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/telemetry-meaning/8a6e6dc6-2cb7-4139-96bb-88e610a82ddd
  9. Telemetry settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Telemetry settings: What does it meaning of system state at the time of hang or crash, and the files and content, Files and content meaning.....[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/telemetry-settings/2d3df6a7-8241-4fc7-b99c-d64b825e2cb6
  10. Telemetry meaning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Telemetry meaning: Full – Everything from the three other tiers and more. This information can include user content that may have triggered a crash or problem. What does it meaning of " this information can include user content that may have triggered a crash or problem ?? "...