Windows 10: Using bitlocker in drive D/E/F/G

Discus and support Using bitlocker in drive D/E/F/G in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to windows 10 pro. the in-built bitlocker only shows drive C to encrypt but I want to encrypt other drives too. Can anyone help?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SugamKarki1, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Using bitlocker in drive D/E/F/G

I recently upgraded to windows 10 pro. the in-built bitlocker only shows drive C to encrypt but I want to encrypt other drives too. Can anyone help?

:)

SugamKarki1, Mar 2, 2020

2. F:\ is unavailable.

That's a good question. The drive mentioned is a local drive.

in the list of partitions, it only shows drives like C, D, E and G. With the exception of F.

would disconnecting it and reconnecting it work as an alternative solution?

Dan P. Lyons, Mar 2, 2020
  3. BitLocker wont encrypt my D drive

I just enabled BitLocker on my computer and i noticed it won't even see my D drive and only my C and G. The C drive is an drive i dont store anything on and the D drive is where everything on my computer is, G is the flashdrive used to unlock my computer.

I can't find anything about how to encrypt my D drive with bitlocker or why bitlocker wont see it at all. I realy want to get this encryption working before i move out in a few days incase my computer get stolen.

rexthecapt, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Using bitlocker in drive D/E/F/G

External Hard drive was changed from F: to G:

This trouble began this morning when I firsted turned on my laptop.

Do you have all the four partitions on a single hard drive?

No.

My C drive is internal to the laptop (SSD)

D drive is a recovery partition.

E drive is a WD Unlocker drive (possibly virtual?)

F drive is not displayed at all.

G drive is the former F drive External 1TB WD Passport

Do you have multiple hard drives installed on the computer?

Yes

Did you make any changes to your computer prior to the issue?

No, but I did relocate it from one site to another. The only configuration change was the addition of a monitor on the HDMI port.

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps so far?

Yes.

I unplugged the USB cable to the WD Passport drive and reconnected. It showed up again as the G drive

I Shut down and restarted. The WD Passport shows up as the G drive.

MaverickMartin, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Using bitlocker in drive D/E/F/G

1. Using bitlocker in drive D/E/F/G - Similar Threads - Using bitlocker drive

2. Bitlocker issue with "D" drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker issue with "D" drive: A user brought me a computer with a USB headset not working. I went to Dell's website and downloaded installed both a Realtek driver and a USB Realtek driver. The USB driver required a restarted. Pursuant to that, the machine kept blue-screening after the Bitlocker PIN was...
  3. Bitlocker issue with "D" drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker issue with "D" drive: A user brought me a computer with a USB headset not working. I went to Dell's website and downloaded installed both a Realtek driver and a USB Realtek driver. The USB driver required a restarted. Pursuant to that, the machine kept blue-screening after the Bitlocker PIN was...
  4. My drive D and E are gone!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My drive D and E are gone!: After upgrading my ram and adding SSD, my drive E and drive D were gone. But a new partition came up with this name: reversed file. It has 237 mb used space but showing nothing even when my hidden file is on in view. In the past after connecting a USB ,this reversed file part...
  5. My drive D and E are gone!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My drive D and E are gone!: After upgrading my ram and adding SSD, my drive E and drive D were gone. But a new partition came up with this name: reversed file. It has 237 mb used space but showing nothing even when my hidden file is on in view. In the past after connecting a USB ,this reversed file part...
  6. Unable to access D: & E: drive bcoz of bitlocker enabled

Unable to access D: & E: drive bcoz of bitlocker enabled: HI all, - Received Microsoft updates - Restarted laptop - It's not booting and going to recovery mode. - Tried all the possible scenarios but cant do anything it asking Bitlocker recovery key. - User dont know about bitlocker recovery key. - Installed fresh win 10 pro...
  7. D and E drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    D and E drives: Hi all, can anyone enlighten me as to why my D or E drives don't work, I want to copy some tracks onto my OC then burn them to another disc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-and-e-drives/6cf8b911-ce0d-4e4e-a023-019f7c54a140
  8. How to change E Drive to D

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change E Drive to D: On my Windows 10 Surface I have attached two extra separate hard drives via USB cables. For the last 12 months one was D: the other G:. Now they show up as E: and G: I have lots of links to files on my D: drive. How do I rename this E: back to D:?...
  9. Please help to Disable Bitlocker on Drive D & E without Password

Please help to Disable Bitlocker on Drive D & E without Password: Drive D & E got locked. I did not set lock myself., seems like it got locked during some update process. Please help to recover my drive D & E. Thanks....
  10. Windows Store save location only show C: D:, not E F G H???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Store save location only show C: D:, not E F G H???: I originally posted this in another thread but after a few days with no replies i decided to make my own. This is partly because my problem, and that of the original poster, is not identical.. Please help if you can think of anything. Im not often stuck with problems but...