Windows 10: Using BitLocker when secure boot is disabled

Discus and support Using BitLocker when secure boot is disabled in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I would like to know if I turned off Secure boot in windows 10 will I be able to have encrypted drives that do not require a user to enter a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bilal#live, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Using BitLocker when secure boot is disabled

Hello, I would like to know if I turned off Secure boot in windows 10 will I be able to have encrypted drives that do not require a user to enter a boot password.

I am currently using an endpoint software for DLP policy and it does not work with secure boot on. If I turn if off will I be able to use bittlocker and encrypted USB?

***Original title: Windows 10 Secure boot***

:)

Bilal#live, Oct 10, 2019

2. Secure Boot and Bitlocker

If I have BitLocker enabled on my system, do I have to enable Secure Boot as well?

If BitLocker is enabled, does that mean I must enable Secure Boot?

Or, can I just leave Secure Boot disabled?

win10freak, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Jim Lewis Win User
    Disabling Secure Boot Doesn't Work on BitLocker-Encrypted Surface Pro

Tried to send you a PM about a relevant MS TechNet article that I found on Secure Boot and Bitlocker but found I have to have 5 posts before I can PM! *Sad

So here is what I would have PM'd. Hope the link comes through:

Hi, Brink

I found this MS TechNet discussion of Secure Boot and Bitlocker on Windows 10 that suggests that it's normally not necessary to turn off Secure Boot and that Windows will advise if Bitlocker needs to be/is going to be suspended, which is my recollection, as I mentioned, for other legacy systems.

Secure Boot and BitLocker on Win10

Thanks again for all the great advice that you offer on your site! Using BitLocker when secure boot is disabled :)

Jim Lewis, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Using BitLocker when secure boot is disabled

BitLocker and Secure Boot questions

Secure Boot

1. I had been hesitant enabling Secure Boot because I am just afraid it might cause issues and slow down my laptop's boot time. Secondly, if I reinstall Windows 10 using my bootable USB flash drive, will I have to disable Secure Boot temporarily before installing Windows 10 from the flash drive?

I also have BitLocker enabled with Used Space Only encrypted. Will I also have to disable BitLocker before I enable Secure Boot?

BitLocker and future releases of Windows 10

1. When MS releases major upgrades such as the 1511 and 1607 releases, does BitLocker have to be Suspended or Disabled before upgrading to a new major release of Windows 10 or it is not required to do so?

Anyways, whenever I do these major upgrade installs, I always tend to perform a Clean Installation rather using the In-Place upgrades.

Please help - Thanks!

win10freak, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Using BitLocker when secure boot is disabled

1. Using BitLocker when secure boot is disabled - Similar Threads - Using BitLocker secure

2. Can I recover data on my hard drive after disabling Secure Boot and using the BitLocker...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I recover data on my hard drive after disabling Secure Boot and using the BitLocker...: Hello Microsoft community, apologies if I've already submitted this question as it didn't seem to load when I clicked submit.My HP ENVY laptop running on Windows 10 crashed a couple of days ago. I had put it to sleep and left it for about an hour and when I returned and tried...
  3. Can I recover data on my hard drive after disabling Secure Boot and using the BitLocker...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I recover data on my hard drive after disabling Secure Boot and using the BitLocker...: Hello Microsoft community, apologies if I've already submitted this question as it didn't seem to load when I clicked submit.My HP ENVY laptop running on Windows 10 crashed a couple of days ago. I had put it to sleep and left it for about an hour and when I returned and tried...
  4. Can I recover data on my hard drive after disabling Secure Boot and using the BitLocker...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Disable Secure Boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable Secure Boot: I want to disable secure boot. I've gone into the bios and disabled secure boot and save and exit, then I get a screen that tells me to enter this code for verification. It was a seven number code but none of the number pads work . I use the number pad and get nothing or use...
  6. disable secure boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    disable secure boot: need information on how to disable the secure boot feature so I can use the my computer in other platforms https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-secure-boot/a333c194-8336-497b-b4f4-4832cb49b93f
  7. disabling secure boot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    disabling secure boot: Hello These are the instructions I received from the engineers at Asus regarding disabling secure boot. I can do so by clearing keys but that is not advised. I want to use various Linux distros which require that secure boot be disabled. My new board is Asus Tuf z390 Gaming...
  8. No BitLocker Recovery Key prompt when Secure Boot was Disabled

No BitLocker Recovery Key prompt when Secure Boot was Disabled: I went into my UEFI settings to disable Secure Boot as I needed to test some programs and when rebooting my laptop, it went directly to the Windows logon screen without asking for the BitLocker Recovery key. Is this normal? 130353
  9. Secure Boot and Bitlocker

Secure Boot and Bitlocker: If I have BitLocker enabled on my system, do I have to enable Secure Boot as well? If BitLocker is enabled, does that mean I must enable Secure Boot? Or, can I just leave Secure Boot disabled? 90970
  10. BitLocker and Secure Boot questions

BitLocker and Secure Boot questions: Secure Boot 1. I had been hesitant enabling Secure Boot because I am just afraid it might cause issues and slow down my laptop's boot time. Secondly, if I reinstall Windows 10 using my bootable USB flash drive, will I have to disable Secure Boot temporarily before...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. secure boot bitlocker tuf gaming