Windows 10: Using BitLocker with an AD to control accessing Hyper-Vs

Discus and support Using BitLocker with an AD to control accessing Hyper-Vs in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello community, Is BitLocker a possible solution to control the accessing of a type 1 Hyper-V by an AD, which is reached via the internet? The... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mahan Atma, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Using BitLocker with an AD to control accessing Hyper-Vs

Hello community,

Is BitLocker a possible solution to control the accessing of a type 1 Hyper-V by an AD, which is reached via the internet?

The situation is about some confidential source code, which shall be developed in the Hyper-V only. This Hyper-V also provides some VPN to a confidential network. The owner of the Hyper-V can provide it to some developer, but when the relation to the developer ends. The Hyper-V owner can reject the accessing of the Hyper-V any time.

This would mean, that there is a feature in BitLocker checking the still existing allowance to access a Hyper-V via the internet and decrypt the Hyper-V volume, if the user has authentified correctly.

regards

Mahan Atma Singh

:)

Mahan Atma, Apr 26, 2020

2. Bitlocker menu in Control Panel is gone!!!!!

Hi,

From the above screenshot I see that you are not able to access or see the Bitlocker Drive Encryption in Control Panel, i suggest you to change the view of the Control panel and then check if you are able to access or view it.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Control Panel in the Search bar and then Enter.
    • Select the View by options in the upper right pane.
    • In Category select the small icons and then check if you can view the Bitlocker Drive Encryption option.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Apr 26, 2020
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Paola Gar Win User

Using BitLocker with an AD to control accessing Hyper-Vs

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

Using BitLocker with an AD to control accessing Hyper-Vs

1. Using BitLocker with an AD to control accessing Hyper-Vs - Similar Threads - Using BitLocker control

2. Hyper-V replication vs checkpoints vs backups

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V replication vs checkpoints vs backups: forgive my basic question, but I need you to elaborate on it in a simplified way.Are Hyper-V replication, checkpoints, and backups the same thing just like "apple tree" vs "apple", "apple pit", "garden of apple tree"?and if not, what is the difference between them...
  3. Hyper-V replication vs checkpoints vs backups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V replication vs checkpoints vs backups: forgive my basic question, but I need you to elaborate on it in a simplified way.Are Hyper-V replication, checkpoints, and backups the same thing just like "apple tree" vs "apple", "apple pit", "garden of apple tree"?and if not, what is the difference between them...
  4. Control Panel VS Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control Panel VS Settings: Hello everybody,Who preferes the control panel and who preferes settings in ms win10?what i think: i dont like settings because a lot of control panel functions are not included.settings seems to be the UWP of the control panel. Is settings wrongly designed yes still in...
  5. Risk with adding Hyper-V?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Risk with adding Hyper-V?: Is it a risk to add Hyper-V on our local server or does it have any impact? Just an extra tool? Need to convert a VHDX to VHD (file) due to migration to Azure. (Windows 2012 Server R2) 133924
  6. Hyper-V and Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyper-V and Bitlocker: Good day, I am trying to do some testing with Hyper-V and Bitlocker. My machine is running Win 10 Pro 1803 without Bitlocker enabled. I have created a Win 10 Ent VM and am attempting to enable Bitlocker on the Win 10 Ent VM, but I get the following error message. [ATTACH]...
  7. Bitlocker...TPM + PIN vs Password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker...TPM + PIN vs Password?: I have seen this question asked elsewhere several times, but with different answers...so I just want to make sure my understanding of BitLocker is correct. In the past, I had used BitLocker on several computers that did Not have a TPM...therefore I had to use a strong...
  8. VMWARE vs HYPER-V - difficult choice

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMWARE vs HYPER-V - difficult choice: HI there By using the bcedit trick I can run both HYPER-V VM's and VMWARE (not simultaneously though - you have to re-boot). VMWARE has the advantage of not relying on RDP for all communications - RDP could be real slow on a laggy network. You can get better response by...
  9. BitLocker vs VeraCrypt?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker vs VeraCrypt?: Hello As far as I understand BitLocker allows only to encrypt entire disk. I need to encrypt my personal files (financial documents, identifications) in fast reliable and flexible way. I was using TrueCrypt in past and it was very convenient - create folder , put there all...
  10. Use Different Network for Hyper VM vs Host

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Use Different Network for Hyper VM vs Host: Is it possible for HyperV to use a different network connection (say wireless) for the VM, while the host machine uses the wired connection? If so, how does one set that up? Thanks! 103534