Windows 10: Using Black In only, generally and colour ink only for certain printing tasks

Discus and support Using Black In only, generally and colour ink only for certain printing tasks in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; how can i turn colour ink cartridge on only when needed and off when not needed?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KayAmery, May 30, 2021.

1. KayAmery Win User

Using Black In only, generally and colour ink only for certain printing tasks

how can i turn colour ink cartridge on only when needed and off when not needed?

:)

KayAmery, May 30, 2021

2. print from greyscaleto colour

When you goto print a print dialogue box will open where you will be able to choose to print in either colour or black and white. If you press control+p this window will not open so you will need to open the print dialogue window by clicking on the "print"
    button sometimes listed in the "file" menu. Also your printer maybe out of colour ink so it might be worth checking the colour ink levels although an error will usually display in windows complaining about a lack of colour ink if trying to print in colour

wclifton968, May 30, 2021
  3. PaulineYV Win User
    Printing with black ink only

I have a new DELL pc with windows 10. When I open a PDF file, it opens in Microsoft Edge. If I want to print it I go to the print icon top right on screen.

The new print box opens with 4 items in menu;

Printer (where it says my printer info)

Orientation (you can choose portrait or landscape)

Copes (choose how many)

Pages (choose, all, current or page range.

OR "More settings"

I click on the and scroll down until I see "Output opttions" Under that is "colour mode" where you have 2 choices, Colour or Monochrome. I click on Monochrome, and it comes out in colour. Tried various times, can not print in black ink only.

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks

PaulineYV, May 30, 2021
  4. candyzip Win User

Black ink not printing properly

What do I need to change in my computer to make my black ink print properly. I just bought a new Epson printer because I could not get the old Epson printer to print the black in without misses whole sentences, faded ink and blurred words. It would print
    anything in color perfect. So I bought a new printer and it is doing the exact same thing. The odd thing is that when I set the new Epson printer up, the test page that it printed was perfect with the color and the black ink. So what is it with my printer
    that will not allow the black ink to print correctly? I called Epson support and they said that it was something in Microsoft word. I do print primarily from Word, but I tried printing from Adobe also and had the same problem.

***Post has been moved by the moderator to the right forum category***

candyzip, May 30, 2021
Thema:

1. Using Black In only, generally and colour ink only for certain printing tasks - Similar Threads - Using Black generally

2. How do I print only in black ink on Canon Pixma MG 6820?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I print only in black ink on Canon Pixma MG 6820?: I see no area for printer ink cartridges to change to black only. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-print-only-in-black-ink-on-canon-pixma-mg/c1e915ce-007c-4f4c-8b02-05f9c0566fca
  3. PRNTER WILL ONLY PRINT PINK USE BOTTLE INK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PRNTER WILL ONLY PRINT PINK USE BOTTLE INK: MY PRINTER WILL ONLY PRINT PINK. I USE BOTTLE INK WELLS ARE FULL https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prnter-will-only-print-pink-use-bottle-ink/09d94fe1-57a7-41dd-9cce-140fdece5cfa
  4. PRNTER WILL ONLY PRINT PINK USE BOTTLE INK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PRNTER WILL ONLY PRINT PINK USE BOTTLE INK: MY PRINTER WILL ONLY PRINT PINK. I USE BOTTLE INK WELLS ARE FULL https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prnter-will-only-print-pink-use-bottle-ink/09d94fe1-57a7-41dd-9cce-140fdece5cfa
  5. PRNTER WILL ONLY PRINT PINK USE BOTTLE INK

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Print Screen not working, only sometimes and only in certain applications.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print Screen not working, only sometimes and only in certain applications.: When doing normal computery stuff, my printscreen works totally fine. I press it, I paste into Paint or Discord, and there it is. The problems arise when I'm in fullscreen games. Pressing printscreen most of the time does absolutely nothing, *however*, when I press it after...
  7. Printing with black cartridge only

Printing with black cartridge only: Hi, I was using printer and it stopped saying colour cartridge was empty. I went into maintenance and changed the ink details to use the black cartridge only but after trying several times it won't print. it just keep repeating the colour cartridge is empty. i removed the...
  8. I want my printer to print using black ink only for all printing jobs I submit to the...

I want my printer to print using black ink only for all printing jobs I submit to the...: I have a HP Deskjet 3510 printer and I want it toprint using black ink only. I'm using a Dell Model 3472 desktop computer running Windows 10. I don't want to have to keep changing the print mode from color to black ink only each time I submit a document to be printed. How do...
  9. Display is black with coloured and white writing only

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display is black with coloured and white writing only: Can someone please assist me I am an older person who pushed the wrong icon in settings and cannot get my laptop back to anything but black background Your assistance would be greatly appreciated...
  10. black ink won't print

black ink won't print: I have an HP Photoshop 7520 printer. I had to change the black cartridge and now it won't print black. I have a small black cartridge and a large one. I changed the large one. Do they both have to be full to print? I have done ALL of the troubleshooting suggestions....