Windows 10: Using BlueRay DVD reader/writer

Discus and support Using BlueRay DVD reader/writer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 (64) on 3 computers (all licensed and activated) I bought and used an LG BlueRay reader/writer on my main computer. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PaulKennedy4, May 11, 2019.

1. Using BlueRay DVD reader/writer

I am running Windows 10 (64) on 3 computers (all licensed and activated)

I bought and used an LG BlueRay reader/writer on my main computer. I have read and written a number of DVD's on this computer. One day I ejected a DVD and removed the unit from my main computer. I moved the DVD device (it is a portable) and put it on another computer. I used it there for a month or two and then needed to put it back on the main computer. Again I ejected the DVD in the device, removed the unit and carried it to my main computer. I plugged the device into the USB port and the light on the device came on, I pressed the button to open it, the tray pops out, I put in the DVD and closed the drawer. The light comes on as if Windows recognizes it but no file explorer window pops up - I don't need that - plus the W10 no longer recognizes the unit is connected to the system. I can't "add a device" and get W10 to recognize it.

Any suggestions??

:)

PaulKennedy4, May 11, 2019

2. Asus Blueray Writer

I have a surface pro 3 with windows 8.1 and have some truble with getting an Asus Blueray writer to work (model SBW-06D2X-U). The device don´t work and does not appear in the DeviceManager. The Blueray writer is a PNP device and works as it should at an
    other computer (HP) (Windows 7) with out problems. I am just using it to backup files and want do from booth computers. Du you have any solution of this problem.

IngmarPettersson, May 11, 2019
  3. External DVD reader/writer

That did the job! I removed the entry and the next moment both my DVD reader/writer worked like previously. Thank you for the help!

HorstMichels, May 11, 2019
  4. Using BlueRay DVD reader/writer

External DVD reader/writer

After the last windows update, windows does not start any external DVD reader/writer, which always worked. Device manager gives code 19. Rolled back but problem persists. Drives work fine when connected to other desktop, laptop etc.

HorstMichels, May 11, 2019
Thema:

Using BlueRay DVD reader/writer

1. Using BlueRay DVD reader/writer - Similar Threads - Using BlueRay DVD

2. DVD Blueray disappeared after update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD Blueray disappeared after update.: Toshiba P775–s7215 equipment.My dvd blueray RW drive disappeared from the device screen after an automatic update occurred for Windows 10.The drive will physically open, spins for awhile when closed 5-7 seconds maybe then just stops.No “what do you want to do….”message or...
  3. DVD Blueray disappeared after update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD Blueray disappeared after update.: Toshiba P775–s7215 equipment.My dvd blueray RW drive disappeared from the device screen after an automatic update occurred for Windows 10.The drive will physically open, spins for awhile when closed 5-7 seconds maybe then just stops.No “what do you want to do….”message or...
  4. blueray DVD

blueray DVD: does not recognize blueray https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blueray-dvd/833353d1-a277-4cc6-b817-89839af8cd3d
  5. BlueRay DVD P

BlueRay DVD P: I have a BlueRay DVD player that I almost never use. However, recently I tried to play a DVD with it that was produced in 2018. I assume the DVD is a standard DVD. I'm a bit confused about DVDs. Anyway, in playing this new DVD it was totally surprised that the picture...
  6. BlueRay DVD P

in Windows 10 Support
    BlueRay DVD P: I have a BlueRay DVD player that I almost never use. However, recently I tried to play a DVD with it that was produced in 2018. I assume the DVD is a standard DVD. I'm a bit confused about DVDs. Anyway, in playing this new DVD it was totally surprised that the picture...
  7. DVD Writer

DVD Writer: I bought DVD+R to burn files to with my DVD Writer and the disks are unusable. What is the proper type DVD Disks to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-writer/291ebd36-15de-49be-9aee-7cf30dca0515
  8. External DVD reader/writer

External DVD reader/writer: After the last windows update, windows does not start any external DVD reader/writer, which always worked. Device manager gives code 19. Rolled back but problem persists. Drives work fine when connected to other desktop, laptop etc....
  9. DVD Writer

DVD Writer: I recently had to buy a new laptop. It is a very nice Asus but doesn't have the CD drive I had in my old computer. I was sold a DVD Writer. Can I play my music CD's on this Writer?...
  10. CD/DVD Writer/BD Reader Not Recognized as Writer By Dell 8100

CD/DVD Writer/BD Reader Not Recognized as Writer By Dell 8100: I have a Dell 8100 XPS and when the hard drive went, I restored from an August backup (using Microsoft's Windows 10 backup) afetr replacing the drive. Unfortunately, I had a problem with the Ethernet adapter so eventually, I reinstalled Windows 10 fresh. The only major...