Windows 10: Using both audio outputs on motherboard

Discus and support Using both audio outputs on motherboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, I recently bought a small pc subwoofer which comes with 2 satellite speakers (but low quality ones), and I have my old speakers (better quality... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Filipe MM, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Filipe MM Win User

Using both audio outputs on motherboard

So, I recently bought a small pc subwoofer which comes with 2 satellite speakers (but low quality ones), and I have my old speakers (better quality audio, but not so decent on low ranges). I'm planning on using my old speakers together with my new subwoofer without the satellite speakers. Well, my motherboard is an Z370 Aorus gaming and its built in audio card has like 4 audio outputs: green (front speakers), orange (center/subwoofer), black (rear speakers) and white (side speakers). So i connected my old speakers in the green one and my subwoofer in the orange one, all set but no sounds come out from the sub. Well, when I open the Realtek audio controller and also windows sound setting I can hear my sub when I go to "test speakers" options and click on it, but when using it for actual audio it is muted.

I don't know what is happening, looks like windows just send audio information from one exit, even though I configure my speakers to 5.1 so windows knows I have a sub connected.
    Last case scenario I can buy a cheap audio splitter and connect both devices in green output, but I just feel like it should be working the way I set things up.

:)

Filipe MM, Mar 1, 2019

2. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Mar 1, 2019
  3. No audio output: Win 10 Pro

Hi Nelson,

We would like to know more about your concern regarding the audio output of your computer. Have you received any error messages? After checking the audio drivers on the
    Device Manager, have you updated the audio drivers on your computer?

I would suggest you to check again the Device Manager and follow the steps below:

• In the Control Panel, remove the given sound software
    • Remove also the sound driver of the computer in the Device Manager
    • Restart the computer
    • Open Device Manager and click Scan for hardware changes
    • If there are no audio device that can be detected by the computer, you can update the chipset driver from the manufacturer's website.

Please keep us posted for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Mar 1, 2019
  4. Using both audio outputs on motherboard

Audio Input/Output Issues

Hey all!

Today is the 2nd day with my new computer that I built and I am having some issues with audio. I am running a gigabyte motherboard- which is great btw. BUT, I have 2 separate outputs for a microphone and audio. Is it possible that I can use my earbuds/headphones that have a mic on them? I don't know if I can set that up or if the microphone data can be run through the audio line. Anybody have any programs/suggestions?

Help much appreciated!

EliTheClasher, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

Using both audio outputs on motherboard

1. Using both audio outputs on motherboard - Similar Threads - Using both audio

2. Windows sound distortion when using BT headset for both audio input and output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows sound distortion when using BT headset for both audio input and output: I'm using Apple AirPods 3 with my laptop for both music listening and communication. There are no problems with music, but some really weird issue happens when I try to use them both to hear and talk, i.e. setting it as input and output device simultaneously. When they act...
  3. Windows sound distortion when using BT headset for both audio input and output

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows sound distortion when using BT headset for both audio input and output: I'm using Apple AirPods 3 with my laptop for both music listening and communication. There are no problems with music, but some really weird issue happens when I try to use them both to hear and talk, i.e. setting it as input and output device simultaneously. When they act...
  4. Audio output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio output: I have my hdmi connected to both my laptop and monotor the screen is on the monitor but the audio is coming out of the laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-output/9c6fe9d1-82ac-473c-8174-42b8c696740d
  5. Windows outputting audio to both Headset and Speakers after audio driver reinstallation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows outputting audio to both Headset and Speakers after audio driver reinstallation: Hello, I had an issue with my headset connected via the headphone jack to my laptop that I had heard less bass than i should, after looking up suggestions I realized i couldnt find 'enhancements' tab to improve this and decided to reinstall the realtek audio driver. After the...
  6. Is My MotherBoard Support Dolby Digital Audio OutPut

Is My MotherBoard Support Dolby Digital Audio OutPut: hi, i am using this motherboard Asus H110M-CS and the audio "Realtek ALC887 8-channel High Definiton Audio CODEC" I Want to Buy Sony RT3 5.1 Home Theater System with Dolby 600 W Bluetooth Soundbar With Dolby Digital Support. With 3.5mm Jack Can i get Surround Sound...
  7. About the using of HDMI as audio output

About the using of HDMI as audio output: Hi I'm using my Geforce GTX 1080 to output audio through HDMI to a amplifier Onkyo TX-NR686. But that amplifier doesn't allow the use of FreeSync and Nvidia neither allows it in HDMI so I've connected my TV through Display Port and used HDMI throug the amplifier for audio....
  8. How To Use Earphone as Both Input and Output of Audio in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How To Use Earphone as Both Input and Output of Audio in Windows 10?: Hi, I recently just got myself an earphone and would like to think how I could use it to its fullest potential This earphone I got has a 3.5 mm jack plug, and it has mic on the cable too, I was wondering how I could activate the mic and the speaker at the same time, since.....
  9. audio output

audio output: audio output dropped off after w10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-output/9fed22c2-572d-493d-a9e5-5bc7dd888803
  10. Can't use multiple audio outputs

Can't use multiple audio outputs: I've been having a problem lately where I can't have multiple audio outputs plugged in at the same time and both work. For example, I would like to have both my headset and my speakers plugged in and switch between the two when needed. But for some reason I can only use one...