Windows 10: Using both Hotspot and WiFi

Discus and support Using both Hotspot and WiFi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey guys altough i just created my account i have been using ten forums for the past 3 years i love this page. This is the first time in my life i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HooL, Apr 17, 2020.

1. HooL Win User

Using both Hotspot and WiFi

Hey guys altough i just created my account i have been using ten forums for the past 3 years i love this page.

This is the first time in my life i cant find an answer to something and i think its because its impossible.
    So here it is, i am stuck in a hotel with bad wifi and i want to use my phones 4g which i can connect to my pc with either usb/bluetooth/wifi and the hotels wifi at the same time, i want to set it so only video games i choose like World of Warcraft and League of Legends use my phones 4g connection and all other apps like discord use the hotels wifi. Is this even possible if so how?

From my testing i found out that playing WoW uses less than 10mb an hour but discord absolutely eats up all my data. What i have been doing for the past couple of days is having my tablet connected to wifi and using discord from there and using my phone with a cable to transfer data to pc so i can game, i dont want to do this because discord app is sh*t and also there is a new feature in discord where we can use cameras in servers but only works on the desktop app.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and sorry if am posting in the wrong section i am new to this forum stuff.

:)

2. WiFi Hotspot

How can I use my Windows 10 PC, as a WiFi Hotspot

I need step by step instructions , please.

HelenaKriel, Apr 17, 2020
  3. bro67 Win User
    bro67, Apr 17, 2020
  4. cheetahfm Win User

Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Using both Hotspot and WiFi - Similar Threads - Using both Hotspot

2. Unable to access both wifi and hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to access both wifi and hotspot: The list of networks should be available to me before, but they completely disappeared from the list since a while ago. My other computer can access the network yet this one can't. Any ideas that can help me with this issue? I have tried network reset. Unable to get the...
  3. Can't use Wifi Hotspot?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't use Wifi Hotspot?: Whenever I set it up and make a device connect, it always says "failed to obtain IP Address." I have tried doing the "allow other networks to connect through this computer's internet connection" thing many times, all failing to solve the issue. The thing is that I have...
  4. HotSpot and WiFi

HotSpot and WiFi: Everytime I restart my laptop the wifi button is greyed out and the when clicking on the hotspot it keeps loading and nothing happens. I ran over some answers on this and found some cmd commands to reset the firewall and others and it works too. But on restarting the same...
  5. Wifi Hotspot

Wifi Hotspot: I cant start my wifi hotspot, when i go into setting and turn it on, it said we cant setup hotspot, is work well after a month but then suddenly it decide to stop working, i tried to do anything on the internet, nothing work, hosted network when i check netsh wlan show...
  6. wifi hotspot

wifi hotspot: when I on my laptop hotspot I cant connect on any mobile but internet is work onlaptop plz help!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-hotspot/deeb07f8-b396-413f-8f65-97cbcfd7a967
  7. Using newly built PC as WiFi hotspot

Using newly built PC as WiFi hotspot: Recently I built my own PC and installed Windows 10 home on to it. A problem I've run into is that my motherboard does not have bluetooth capabilities straight out of the box like my old laptop did, which means I can't use it as a mobile hotspot like I did my old laptop. If I...
  8. wifi hotspot

wifi hotspot: hi ive got a problem with my hp g60 laptop ,I cant turn my wifi hotspot on ,it keeps saying ,unable to turn wifi hotspot on ,,,, need help ,,,,how do you fix this and ive downloaded the wireless drivers twice ,still didn't work...
  9. wifi hotspot

wifi hotspot: i tried to create a wifi hotspot in window 10, so i used command prompt but after creating it is notworking and showing that the group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the request, then i installed a wifi hotspot software but that's also not running and...
  10. I need to connect both Ethernet and WiFi to a Hotspot.

I need to connect both Ethernet and WiFi to a Hotspot.: Hi guys, I have an issue I would like to resolve. I will try to be as clear and precised as possible. I'm only allowed to one device to an internet. My laptop connects directly to internet WiFi. So the laptop (Windows 10) serves as a hotspot. But I have two other...