Windows 10: Using Brother MFC-J6510DW scanner on Windows 10

Discus and support Using Brother MFC-J6510DW scanner on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have used this printer and scanner for over a year but it no longer recognises the scanner as present. I have attempted to reinstall the Brother... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarkGiles1, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Using Brother MFC-J6510DW scanner on Windows 10

I have used this printer and scanner for over a year but it no longer recognises the scanner as present. I have attempted to reinstall the Brother drivers several times but it fails to work. Any advice.

:)

MarkGiles1, Jan 9, 2019

2. Windows 10 does not allow scanner on Brother MFC 8460N

I have now HP laptop with windows 10 home. It does not allow me to scan from my printer Brother MFC 8460N. Previously I could scan from windows 7.Need updated driver. Brother wont provide driver for scanner on MFC 8460N or no support.

However Brother MFC 8460N can print from windows 10. dont know how to fix the scanner driver for windows 10

satyavadlamuri, Jan 9, 2019
  3. brother MFC model DCP7030 scanner not compatable in windows10

i have trying to install Brother MFC model DCP-7030 in my ne windows laptop. windows upgraded to Anniversary addition.

the printer in the device is working but the scanner is not communicating. the driver suggested by Brother is installed but error continues.

Dayal Dass, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Using Brother MFC-J6510DW scanner on Windows 10

Cannot change Scanner IP in Windows 10 on Brother MFC 8480DN

When I scan, I get the error message that the scanner is not connected. Under Windows 7 I could search "scan" and the item "View scanners and cameras" would appear. I would click on this and the properties box would appear allowing me to input the Brother
    Printer IP address in for the scanner and then the scanner would work. The drivers per Brother are current for Windows 10. I cannot use this same technique to input the Brother MFC printer IP address into the Brother MFC scanner properties because I cannot
    find the scanner properties. HOW do I find these properties so I can input the IP address. Sometimes an update would wipe out the scanner IP and I would have to input it manually. Uninstalling and reinstalling the Brother MFC drivers does not automatically
    repair the scanner properties. I usually find that the IP address field is blank which subsequently causes the "MFC-8480DN LAN cannot be found" error message. PLEASE.. tell me how to find this setting in Windows 10.

kittymeatloaf, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Using Brother MFC-J6510DW scanner on Windows 10

1. Using Brother MFC-J6510DW scanner on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Using Brother MFC

2. brother mfc-j470dw printer goes offline

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    brother mfc-j470dw printer goes offline: my brother mfc-j470dw works fine from IOS devices I own, but recurrently goes to "offline" status and will not print. any idea why. this has happened a lot with windows 10, but may have started before that. I can fix it by removing and reloaoding but that is a pain in the...
  3. Printer installation Brother mfc-L5900

Printer installation Brother mfc-L5900: Hello, I have two older computers and an older Brother MFC printer. I purchased a new Brother MFC-L5900 and tried to install the software, however, it was not compatible with Window 7. So I then install Windows 10 to both computers. I also went to the Brother website and...
  4. Brother MFC 7820N Printer Scanner no longer works in Windows 10

Brother MFC 7820N Printer Scanner no longer works in Windows 10: Thank You Microsoft, You once again made my life hell by altering your operating system so that it no longer supports my printer/scanners drivers. And there is apparently NO workaround. So now I can print to it - but not scan documents. Thanks. And after spending hours and...
  5. Brother printer scanner

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brother printer scanner: The printer works ok, but I cant scan/file or email. The message I get is "Unable to write the file to destination folder Brother say its a Microsoft issue. I am the sole user of my computer, and the only administrator Its so bad, I will have to buy another printer as...
  6. Windows 10 does not allow scanner on Brother MFC 8460N

Windows 10 does not allow scanner on Brother MFC 8460N: I have now HP laptop with windows 10 home. It does not allow me to scan from my printer Brother MFC 8460N. Previously I could scan from windows 7.Need updated driver. Brother wont provide driver for scanner on MFC 8460N or no support. However Brother MFC 8460N can print from...
  7. Hooking up Brother MFC-240C to new laptop

Hooking up Brother MFC-240C to new laptop: I just bought a new laptop and when trying to connect my older printer, the laptop does not even see it. How can I fix this issue?...

Brother MFC J825DW Printer is Offline: Dangit, Microsoft has messed up my printers once again! My Brother MFC J825DW (Inkjet) printer won't print because Windows has set it to offline! My Brother MFC 7460DN (Laser) printer just trucks right along. Anybody know how I can get my Inkjet Brother back...
  9. clone the Scanner driver for Brother MFC665CW

clone the Scanner driver for Brother MFC665CW: After lots of hiding behind bombastic sales-blurbs, Brother admits that my trusted 9-year old printer won't be able to scan over the network into Windows 10 (they only support USB connection for W10). But one of the computers in my home knows better. It happily scans from...
  10. Brother MFC-J825DW Printer Drivers Gone

Brother MFC-J825DW Printer Drivers Gone: I have a Brother MFC-J825DW Printer that was working fine as a network printer; however, when Windows updated to Build 10061, the printer no longer worked. I went to Brother and downloaded the full driver package and tried to install the printer to my network. There were...