Windows 10: Using BT Yahoo email in Windows 10 Mail app

Discus and support Using BT Yahoo email in Windows 10 Mail app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is it possible to set Windows 10 mail to sync with BT Yahoo mail 'AS ITEMS ARRIVE' This is available with G Mail, but does not seem to be an option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RogerPusey, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Using BT Yahoo email in Windows 10 Mail app

Is it possible to set Windows 10 mail to sync with BT Yahoo mail 'AS ITEMS ARRIVE' This is available with G Mail, but does not seem to be an option with BT

***Modified title from: Windows 10 Mail***

:)

RogerPusey, Feb 25, 2020
  2. Helmut Win User

YAHOO MAIL and email apps

I think you would be better off on the BT forums as it is specifically an ISP provided Mail Account. BT changed some users from using BT Yahoo Mail a while back to BT Mail for which I think Gmail is the supplier.

So this is a BT Yahoo Mail, or BT Mail, problem whatever it is for you. That you will have to find out.

Welcome to BT’s official support community.
    What are the settings for outgoing and incoming BT Email servers? | BT Help
    https://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/com...11364049112279

I have a couple of Yahoo Mail Accounts on the Windows 10 Mail App works fine, but they are not BT Yahoo Mail accounts.

Helmut, Feb 25, 2020
  3. clayto Win User

I did not get any useful help in the BT Forum, and after an adviser told me in a phone conversation that BT does not provide assistance related to desktop email apps I submitted a complaint. However, before I received the scheduled reply I resolved the issue myself. Instead of selecting the YAHOO option in the Windows MAIL ADD Account menu I tried OTHER. It worked. I now have my BY YAHOO mail back in MAIL, and some (I have not yet checked all) of the other email apps are recognizing it too.

I hope this is readable ---- post OCTOBER have not been able to enlarge fonts or use some other settings in this site, a problem that affects EDGE but not OPERA, so I am going to make the latter my default until this bug is eliminated.

clayto, Feb 25, 2020
  4. clayto Win User

Using BT Yahoo email in Windows 10 Mail app

Thank you both for your suggestions and the links. I did try BT Support itself at the outset but only got a suggestion which did not work, likewise Yahoo. I have not tried the BT Forum yet, because my experience there (on issues some while ago) was not fruitful, but that does not mean I should not try again. I posted here when I saw so many members had encountered similar problems so thought it might be worthwhile, plus at first I assumed it to be a Windows Mail issue..

I know BT YAHOO has been messing about with its email service for a long time (literally for years) and the account has needed 'fixinging' several times but I have not been notified of any outcome or consequences (except by scammers who jumped on the opportunity!), and I did not know about the possible involvement of Google, so now I will check that out. I have been a customer of BT for decades without much to complain about. I hope that is not changing.

clayto, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

Using BT Yahoo email in Windows 10 Mail app

1. Using BT Yahoo email in Windows 10 Mail app - Similar Threads - Using Yahoo email

2. YAHOO MAIL APP for windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    YAHOO MAIL APP for windows 10: Hello, i 've download the YAHOO MAIL APP on my laptop windows 10 and i'm facing a log in problem. i open the app, enter my mail address and then appears a notification on my phone asking me if it me. I push the OK button and then a message appears on my laptop's screen...
  3. Cannot send yahoo email in mail app

Cannot send yahoo email in mail app: I am using the MS mail app and the past couple of days I cannot send emails through my yahoo account. My gmail account on the mail app is working just fine. I can send emails from my phone and through the yahoo server. I am receiving emails with no problem. Please help....
  4. Yahoo Email and Windows 10 Mail app missing a feature

Yahoo Email and Windows 10 Mail app missing a feature: I have my Yahoo account enabled in the Windows 10 email app. I also have several others from Gmail, Outlook.com, Mail.com and Comcast. When I right-click on any email in the message list for the other accounts I get the option to either "Mark as junk" or "Move to junk",...
  5. YAHOO MAIL and email apps

in Browsers and Email
    YAHOO MAIL and email apps: I see from searching there are others who have a problem similar but not the same as mine. For no reason Windows started to report that accounts in the Windows Mail app needed fixing. Google was not affected but Outlook and Yahoo were and many attempts to fix them failed. The...
  6. windows 10 mail app not working with yahoo email

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 mail app not working with yahoo email: I have been having problems with my windows 10 mail app and my yahoo email account. My yahoo email works perfect with all my android phone/tablet mail apps but is a nightmare with windows 10 mail app. The emails show up on windows 10 mail hours even days after I receive...
  7. Cannot send yahoo email from Windows 10 mail app

Cannot send yahoo email from Windows 10 mail app: Outgoing messages get hung up in Outbox on Windows 10 mail app. Have deleted and reinstalled yahoo numerous times. Web-based yahoo works fine, works fine from my iPhone...it's just Win 10. What's the correct outbox server setting?...
  8. yahoo email on windows 10 mail

in Browsers and Email
    yahoo email on windows 10 mail: for the last 2 days i have been getting a message that my 'account needs to be updated' and asking me to update my password for my yahoo.ca email, my password doesn't work finally found a thread that advised me to delete the account and re-add it, so i put all my very...
  9. secondary bt email accounts not syncing in mail app

in Browsers and Email
    secondary bt email accounts not syncing in mail app: I am trying to help my pa set up a new linx 1010 tablet. I have linked the main email account but the two secondary accounts have a warning symbol and 'require attention'. When you select the account it says 'still working on it' but nothing seems to happen. these are...
  10. How to use a Yahoo email with Mail app.

in Browsers and Email
    How to use a Yahoo email with Mail app.: I folks, I have an Outlook account, of course, but I don't use it. Instead I use my Yahoo email, but for some reason the new app won't let me add it. Instead it only wants my Outlook email. Is there and way to add a Yahoo email? This is what I get when I select Add...