Windows 10: Using Caldigit TS3 Plus Docking Station with a Desktop

Discus and support Using Caldigit TS3 Plus Docking Station with a Desktop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Virgually all the information I see regarding the CalDigit TS3 Plus Docking Station refers to how it's used with a laptop. Connecting the Thunderbolt 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tomel, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Tomel Win User

Using Caldigit TS3 Plus Docking Station with a Desktop

Virgually all the information I see regarding the CalDigit TS3 Plus Docking Station refers to how it's used with a laptop. Connecting the Thunderbolt 3 (T3) / Computer port on the Dock to a T3 port on a laptop allows the Dock to charge the laptop and also serves as a data connection.

Obviously, a desktop would not employ the charging function of this dock. Does the Dock T3 / Computer port recognize that what it's attached to does not need to be charged and act as a data connection only? I have no experience using Docks like the CalDigit and no experience using T3 connectivity. I certainly don't want the Docking station to try to charge the desktop and do damage to the desktop port or desktop internals. I've looked for answers to this specific question and can find none.

Can anybody fill me in?

Thanks.

:)

Tomel, Jul 28, 2019
  2. jackin Win User

I cannot connect to home Wi-Fi off the docking station but not on docking station.

1. I cannot connect to home Wi-Fi off the docking station but not on docking station.
    2. When i'm on docking station system says i'm connected to home Wi-Fi, but when i browse says not connected.
    3. Other devices connected to home Wi-Fi has no issue.
    4. What steps can i take to resolve the issue other than updating Wi-Fi adapter driver?

jackin, Jul 28, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    DVI not working on extended monitor with Surface Book docking station

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Make sure the power light for the docking station is on

• Make sure the monitor is getting power

• Make sure the cable is connected properly to the monitor

• Unplug and reconnect the Mini-DVI adapter on the back of your docking station

• Try flipping the connector for the adapter over (turns out some adapters can go in upside-down)

• Take the Surface out of the docking station then put it back in

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 28, 2019
  4. Using Caldigit TS3 Plus Docking Station with a Desktop

Desktop Icons disappear after disconnecting from a docking station

I'm Having an issue with desktop icons disappearing after the laptop has been disconnected from a docking station. I right click on the background and the show desktop Icon is checked. I checked to see if tablet mode was enable and it is not. This is
    happening when the computer is not connected to the docking station. I logged in with a different profile and got the icons. So i believe there is a setting saved on his profile on the computer. That is what i believe. I take an suggestions or methods and
    try them out. Please give me some ideas.

JimmyWin10, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

Using Caldigit TS3 Plus Docking Station with a Desktop

1. Using Caldigit TS3 Plus Docking Station with a Desktop - Similar Threads - Using Caldigit TS3

2. Docking Station

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Docking Station: I have a Laptop that connects to a docking station via USB. I have 2 monitors and the laptop. When I disconnect the laptop from the docking station, all the open windows goes onto my laptop. When I connect my laptop back to the docking station. The windows stay on my laptop....
  3. Docking Station

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Docking Station: I have a Laptop that connects to a docking station via USB. I have 2 monitors and the laptop. When I disconnect the laptop from the docking station, all the open windows goes onto my laptop. When I connect my laptop back to the docking station. The windows stay on my laptop....
  4. Docking Station

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Laptop External Power Plus Power Delivery Docking Station

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop External Power Plus Power Delivery Docking Station: Hello! I have a question on Powering on Laptops with PD docks at the same time. I have a company issued Laptop HP Elitebook and Personal Gaming Laptop ***************** HP Laptop 65W Power Requirement Gaming Laptop 150 Power Requirement Dock Power Delivery Max...
  6. USB on docking station

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB on docking station: I have a Surface 3. The USB ports are not recognised when the Surface is docked and the power supply is turned off, though they work fine when the power supply is on. Can someone tell me how to change this so that they are still recognised when the Surface is docked, but no...
  7. docking station keyboad.

docking station keyboad.: My laptop won't switch to the docking station keyboard. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/docking-station-keyboad/bf453d98-4ba2-4ef3-9064-7c9505a146f2
  8. Using 3 monitors with Docking Station

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Using 3 monitors with Docking Station: Hello, I have a user set up on a Windows 10 laptop. They are utilizing a docking station and when it is hooked up, we have to adjust the display so they can use the laptop with 2 additional monitors. We have to change the second monitor to "Extend this display". When they...
  9. Using 3 monitors with Docking Station

in Windows 10 Support
    Using 3 monitors with Docking Station: Hello, I have a user set up on a Windows 10 laptop. They are utilizing a docking station and when it is hooked up, we have to adjust the display so they can use the laptop with 2 additional monitors. We have to change the second monitor to "Extend this display". When they...
  10. can I use a docking station?

can I use a docking station?: Like more than a few others I'm plagued with "not enough controller resources" when trying to add peripherals. My Dell XPS 8700 has six 3.0 and four 2.0 USB ports. But with a USB printer, router, wireless keyboard and mouse, two external DVD writers (for copying between...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. caldigit ts3 plus windows drivers

2. caldigit ts3 windows 10 drivers

3. caldigit ts3 plus drivers windows 10

4. ts3 plus windows 10,
  5. caldigit ts3 plus windows 10,
  6. caldigit ts3 windows 10,
  7. ts3 plus dock working on windows 10,
  8. how to install caldigit ts3 plus for windows 10 msi,
  9. caldigit dock in windows,
  10. caldigit ts3 plus windows 10 drivers,
  11. ts3plus windows driver,