Windows 10: Using Camera on Acer LAptop

Discus and support Using Camera on Acer LAptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a new Acer laptop and it is not allowing me to access the camera or microphone to make video calls. I have already gone to the settings -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nadine_G, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Nadine_G Win User

Using Camera on Acer LAptop

I have a new Acer laptop and it is not allowing me to access the camera or microphone to make video calls. I have already gone to the settings - privacy and ticked on the permission, but still nothing. Is there anything else I can do?

:)

Nadine_G, Jun 5, 2020
  2. TAU
    Tau Win User

Acer Laptops :are they crap ?

Acer makes a cheap prodcut period. They user lower end plastics, as well as assembly. (I hate working on Acer laptops)

If budget is an issue then get an acer... though for $50 more you could get a gateway that will smoke the acer in terms of quality.

For a laptop though i would suggest one of the DV7T's from HP or a Business class Toshiba/HP/IBM (not the lenovo branded, the Thinkpads)

3. Laptop Camera

Thanks for updating us on the results of the troubleshooting steps that you have completed. Since the built-in webcam is still not working correctly and the same error code 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED) is still appearing, we suggest that we check the camera privacy
    settings to see if the camera access is turned on. Kindly follow the steps below to check the camera privacy settings:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Near the top of the Settings app window is the search box, kindly type the word "webcam" or "camera".
    • From the list of results choose Camera privacy settings.
    • Make sure that "Let apps use my camera" toggle is set to On.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Jun 5, 2020
  4. Using Camera on Acer LAptop

Laptop Camera

Thanks for providing the results after completing the steps we provided. Since you're still getting the error message “Your camera cannot be found” along with the error code "0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED)", we suggest that you follow the steps below
    to reset the Camera app on your Windows 10 computer:

• Press the Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.
    • From the options presented select System, then click on
      Apps & features
      located on the left pane.
    • Locate the Camera app from the list and select it.
    • Select the Advanced options link and then choose Reset.
    • When the pop-up notification is shown just click on the Reset
      button once more.
    • Once all the steps are complete, kindly reboot your computer.

Completing this steps will clear the cache of the Camera app and allow it to re-recognize any video capture devices connected to your computer.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

Using Camera on Acer LAptop

1. Using Camera on Acer LAptop - Similar Threads - Using Camera Acer

2. Acer Nitro 5 Laptop camera suddenly 'crashing' and is showing as unavailable or being used...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer Nitro 5 Laptop camera suddenly 'crashing' and is showing as unavailable or being used...: Hi, Recently I am facing a weird issue where my laptop Acer Nitro 5 camera app crashes after working fine for some time. In the respective app, be it Zoom or Whatsapp Desktop Client it shows as Camera unavailable or being used by another app. The name of my laptop's camera...
  3. Acer Nitro 5 Laptop camera suddenly 'crashing' and is showing as unavailable or being used...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Acer Nitro 5 Laptop camera suddenly 'crashing' and is showing as unavailable or being used...: Hi, Recently I am facing a weird issue where my laptop Acer Nitro 5 camera app crashes after working fine for some time. In the respective app, be it Zoom or Whatsapp Desktop Client it shows as Camera unavailable or being used by another app. The name of my laptop's camera...
  4. Acer Nitro 5 Laptop camera suddenly 'crashing' and is showing as unavailable or being used...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. acer laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    acer laptop: acer laptop put in safe mold now cant get back in no password ana no pin how can i get in to get out of safe mold https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acer-laptop/40c27b3c-4d19-4c9a-bf56-0d57e689ed99
  6. Acer Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Acer Laptop: Hello, I have a question! I have Acer Aspire 3 A315-32-C4Y0, 4 GB DDR4 RAM laptop. Intel Celeron processor N4000 1.10 GHz and Intel UHD graphics 600. I have noticed that it takes time to turn on or off. It doesn't open any application in the starting. I have also disabled...
  7. Acer Laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Acer Laptop: It won’t get past the logo “Acer explore beyond limit” and I’ve tried alt key 10 btw :( it doesn’t even show the loadin sign or even come up with anything literally frozen. I have school tmr :(( submitted by /u/annanguyen321 [link] [comments]...
  8. ACER Camera and software compatibility

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ACER Camera and software compatibility: I have downloaded the Epoccam software on my laptop and iphone to use my phone as a webcam. The two connect, but the app is not recording. It shows as recording but when I go to watch the recording it shows only 1 second recorded. Please assist...
  9. using camera on laptop

in Cortana
    using camera on laptop: how do i use my built in came a on dell latitude https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-camera-on-laptop/b9768520-47a1-42d3-90fe-4604ca85a223"
  10. acer laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    acer laptop: my acer will not get past a blue screen that says reset this pc what can i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/acer-laptop/bb4d505f-58f6-4de7-8364-67ba64b8d85a