Windows 10: Using camera with Windows Sandbox

Discus and support Using camera with Windows Sandbox in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to use my camera with Windows Sandbox but it isn't working. How can I fix the problem?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GabrieleFloccari, May 21, 2020.

1. Using camera with Windows Sandbox

Hi,

I'm trying to use my camera with Windows Sandbox but it isn't working. How can I fix the problem?

:)

GabrieleFloccari, May 21, 2020
  2. Naresh_K Win User

windows sandbox Not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

There is a possibility that the feature is corrupted or not set up properly. I would advise you to disable Windows Sandbox first and then enable it. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Then click on all Control Panel Items.
    3. Then click on Programs and features.
    4. Then on the left hand side, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    5. Then uncheck the option: Windows Sandbox.
    6. Then restart your computer.
    7. After restart, please enable it and check if the sandbox is working.

Also make sure that you meet all the requirements for Windows Sandbox.

Regards,

Naresh_K, May 21, 2020
  3. Vmmem process will not be killed. Windows sandbox.

Hi,

We understand your concern as you are unable to stop the Windows Sandbox process.
    Please try disable and re-enable sandbox to check the issue.

1. Press Windows + R key, then type appwiz.cpl and click Ok.
    2. Click on Turn Windows features on or off from the left pane.
    3. Uncheck the box beside Windows Sandbox and click
      OK
    4. Restart the PC and check.

If the issue still persists then I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums, where we have experts and support
    professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Sandbox to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 21, 2020
  4. Naresh_K Win User

Using camera with Windows Sandbox

Microsoft sandbox stoped working

Hi,

Please be informed that our developer team is aware of the issues with Sandbox and is working on resolving it. We do not have an ETA as of now, however I encourage you to send a feedback to our developer team via
    Feedback hub. As a suggestion you can try disabling and enabling
    the sandbox to check if that works. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Then click on all Control Panel Items.
    3. Then click on Programs and features.
    4. Then on the left hand side, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    5. Then uncheck the option: Windows Sandbox.
    6. Then restart your computer.
    7. After restart, please enable it and check if the sandbox is working.

Also make sure that you meet all the requirements for Windows Sandbox.
    Your patience and understanding will be appreciated in this matter.

Regards

Naresh_K, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Using camera with Windows Sandbox

1. Using camera with Windows Sandbox - Similar Threads - Using camera Sandbox

2. Can WSL/WSA be used as a sandbox?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can WSL/WSA be used as a sandbox?: Is WSL Windows Subsystem for Linux or WSA Windows Subsystem for Android a good sandbox alternative to a Virtual Machine?If I, for example, install a browser, that then going to get compromised, will it be able to access my Windows “stuff”, or only Linux/Android?I’m looking...
  3. im in windows 10 and by using sandbox, can i download windows 11 on windows sandbox???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    im in windows 10 and by using sandbox, can i download windows 11 on windows sandbox???: help pls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-in-windows-10-and-by-using-sandbox-can-i/e5b17fcb-4d92-49d3-b7a6-8d800399b526
  4. im in windows 10 and by using sandbox, can i download windows 11 on windows sandbox???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    im in windows 10 and by using sandbox, can i download windows 11 on windows sandbox???: help pls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-in-windows-10-and-by-using-sandbox-can-i/e5b17fcb-4d92-49d3-b7a6-8d800399b526
  5. im in windows 10 and by using sandbox, can i download windows 11 on windows sandbox???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Sandbox practical use

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Sandbox practical use: I know developers can use it to test software and users can try out programs they are not sure about. Are there any other benefits for a regular user (not a developer or darknet user)? What do you do in the Sandbox? 162639
  7. Accessing System Integrated Camera in Sandbox

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Accessing System Integrated Camera in Sandbox: I would like to access my system's computer through sandbox. I have tried turning the feature off and on again, I have made sure in my privacy settings that desktop applications can use the camera, and it does not allow me access to the camera. Is there a way to fix this?...
  8. Windows Sandbox my in-build camera does not work!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Sandbox my in-build camera does not work!: I recently installed windows sandbox on my computer running 1909 version. My internal camera will not work in this environment it gives me an error: "There’s a problem with ms-resource:///Resources/AppTitle. Contact your system administrator about repairing or reinstalling...
  9. Create Sandbox in Windows 10 using Sandbox Configuration Manager

in Windows 10 News
    Create Sandbox in Windows 10 using Sandbox Configuration Manager: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows Sandbox is a lightweight desktop environment which makes sure that you can run applications in isolation. The arrangement makes sure the app doesn’t get access to core Windows files and other system files. That said, it’s not straightforward to [...]...
  10. Windows sandbox-anyone used it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows sandbox-anyone used it?: Hi folks, I have windows 10 pro due to having upgraded initially from windows 8 pro that was on a special offer of £14.99 from Microsoft years ago. Just discovered that I can turn on windows sandbox, doesn't come with Home version, and have done so, seems ok though a little...