Windows 10: Using Caps Lock without actually enabling all caps (see below)

Discus and support Using Caps Lock without actually enabling all caps (see below) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X RAM 32.0GB Dual-Channel @ 1197MHz (16-16-16-39) ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME X570-P (AM4) LG HDR 4K ([email protected]) 4095MB NVIDIA... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Xylem Flow, May 23, 2021.

1. Using Caps Lock without actually enabling all caps (see below)

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X RAM 32.0GB Dual-Channel @ 1197MHz (16-16-16-39) ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME X570-P (AM4) LG HDR 4K ([email protected]) 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER (MSI) Edition Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Version 20H2 OS build 19042.985 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0 Hello! I have a strange request. I'd like to know if there is a way to turn off the caps lock function, but still have the caps lock key enabled. I can disable it entirely with my keyboard software, but that's not what I want. I'd like to use the caps lock as a key binding for video games, but don't want it to actually enable caps lock., I'm pretty sure there's no way to do this, but I figured I'd ask. Thanks. - - - Updated - - - Well, not even five minutes after posting this a buddy of mine told me how to do it. Microsoft Powertoys will do it with its Keyboard Manager applet. Very easy. I'll leave this up here in case it helps someone else.

:)

Xylem Flow, May 23, 2021
  2. Cliff S Win User

Enable or Disable the Caps Lock Key in Windows 10

Yep me!!!!*Redface

Note: The original PNGs I found on Bing Images, but artist name wasn't given, I did alot of modifying in GIMP and iconified them myself though.

But....
    Shawn you know how I like personalizing dry things like .bat, .vbs, and .reg file, right?

1. Well I created a folder for both reg files, and placed it in my Documents folder.
    2. Then I created shortcuts to the desktop(using "Send to").
    3. I placed the shortcuts in a folder on the desktop.
    4. Then I customized the folder icon, and the reg file shortcuts(you cannot change the actual reg files icon, hence the shortcuts).
    I did this so that I could run both files as needed from the desktop toolbar.

Using Caps Lock without actually enabling all caps (see below) [​IMG]

Caps Lock off icon.ico

Caps Lock on icon.ico

Cliff S, May 23, 2021
  3. Caps Lock Icon

Hi Graeme,

The Caps Lock On indicator may have been disabled that's why it doesn't appear on your screen when Caps Lock is on. To have it enabled, follow these steps:

• Right-click on your desktop and click Display Settings.
    • Click Advanced display settings.
    • Scroll down and click Display adapter properties.
    • Click the Screen configurations tab and check the box for
      Enable on-screen display
    • Under Indicator settings for NumLock and CapsLock, look for While the numeric lock or the caps lock is ON section and choose either
      Show the indicator for a few seconds or Always show the indicator on the screen.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 23, 2021
  4. Using Caps Lock without actually enabling all caps (see below)

Caps lock

Hi Mark,

The option to be notified that the Caps Lock is on the moment you start typing is not available. However, you can enable and increase the duration of the Caps Lock pop up notification the moment Caps Lock is enabled. Here's how:

• In the Cortana search, type in Control Panel and click it in the search results.
    • Set the View by option to Large icons.
    • Click Ease of Access Center.
    • Select Make it easier to focus on tasks.
    • Scroll down to the Adjust time limits and flashing visuals section, make sure to uncheck the box to
      Turn off all unnecessary animations.
    • Under the option How long should Windows Notification dialogue boxes stay open, select your preferred duration.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

If this doesn't work, then you may search the web for any 3rd party Caps Lock notifier apps or send us a feedback through our

Feedback Hub

Feel free to let us know should you need further information.

Regards

Vanessa Yar, May 23, 2021
Thema:

Using Caps Lock without actually enabling all caps (see below)

1. Using Caps Lock without actually enabling all caps (see below) - Similar Threads - Using Caps Lock

2. Enable permanent caps lock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable permanent caps lock: I have a PC with Windows 10, use it with remote desktop. Because i use it for only 1 software i always have need caps lock enable. Is there a way to leave enabled caps lock? Thanks...
  3. Enable permanent caps lock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable permanent caps lock: I have a PC with Windows 10, use it with remote desktop. Because i use it for only 1 software i always have need caps lock enable. Is there a way to leave enabled caps lock? Thanks...
  4. Enable permanent caps lock

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. typing in all caps with caps lock off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    typing in all caps with caps lock off: This is really bizarre. The caps lock is on in one document only. This problem is not in my other Word documents. I tried pasting the information into a new doc and it stays on caps lock. I tried closing it and reopening it. I tried pasting it into a doc that is working...
  6. typing in all caps with caps lock off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    typing in all caps with caps lock off: This is really bizarre. The caps lock is on in one document only. This problem is not in my other Word documents. I tried pasting the information into a new doc and it stays on caps lock. I tried closing it and reopening it. I tried pasting it into a doc that is working...
  7. typing in all caps with caps lock off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. CAPS LOCK IS ON WITHOUT BEING ON!!!???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CAPS LOCK IS ON WITHOUT BEING ON!!!???: Ok so my caps lock is on without caps even being enabled and when i go to enable it it ends up just going to lower case so its being backwards and very confusing< i saw someone else had the same problem and i tried the revcovery thing and it didnt work...
  9. Text keeps switching to all caps without pressing Caps Lock

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Text keeps switching to all caps without pressing Caps Lock: Occasionally when I’m writing an email (Outlook desktop app), the text will turn all caps. When I press Caps Lock, the light will turn on but then everything will be lowercase. If I press Caps Lock again, the light will turn off but then the text I try to type will be all...
  10. Caps Lock key not working? Enable or Disable Caps Lock on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Caps Lock key not working? Enable or Disable Caps Lock on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Caps Lock key on any computer is a really useful key when it comes to typing anything in block letters really easily. But sometimes while intending to use the Tab key or Shift key, the user tends to hit the Caps Lock key [...] This post Caps Lock key not...