Windows 10: Using Cloud storage to free up space on my laptop

Discus and support Using Cloud storage to free up space on my laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I delete a folder on my local hard drive but preserve a copy in the cloud using Onedrive? My hardrive is getting full but I may need some of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Peter Thomas (humqpt), Jul 3, 2019.

1. Using Cloud storage to free up space on my laptop

How do I delete a folder on my local hard drive but preserve a copy in the cloud using Onedrive? My hardrive is getting full but I may need some of the information again.

:)

Peter Thomas (humqpt), Jul 3, 2019

2. I have an HP Stream Laptop and I keep running out of storage space

Hi Jay,

If a category can't show the folders that it contains, there is a possibility that the folders are somehow hidden. To maximize your PC's storage, follow the suggested steps in these links:

If further help is needed, let us know.

Darleen Pen, Jul 3, 2019
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    how to get back my stoorage space on windows 10?

With only 32GB of storage you're going to be continually challenged by space constraints. In my opinion, OEMs selling computers and tablets with minimal storage need to manage their customers' expectations. Here are some steps you can take to avoid running
    low on storage space:

• Empty the Recycle Bin frequently.
    • Run Disk Cleanup weekly.
    • Store your personal files (documents, pictures, music, etc.) on an external hard drive or in the cloud.
    • Do as much work as possible in the cloud. For example, instead of installing Microsoft Office, use Office Online.

BulldogXX, Jul 3, 2019
  4. qubit Win User

Using Cloud storage to free up space on my laptop

Help me choose the best 1TB cloud storage service

Just a heads up that cloud storage is on the backburner at the moment, but I'll get back to you once I've had a chance to explore the options you've suggested to me.

Thanks for all your replies, peeps. *Toast :toast:

qubit, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

Using Cloud storage to free up space on my laptop

1. Using Cloud storage to free up space on my laptop - Similar Threads - Using Cloud storage

2. Free up space in my laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Free up space in my laptop: Hi there,My computer space in C Drive is running very low space and I would like to free up some space for it. I have installed TreeSize Free to instantly see what is using the space in C Drive but I don't know what should I do further. Please see the attached screen capture...
  3. Free up space in my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Free up space in my laptop: Hi there,My computer space in C Drive is running very low space and I would like to free up some space for it. I have installed TreeSize Free to instantly see what is using the space in C Drive but I don't know what should I do further. Please see the attached screen capture...
  4. Free up space in my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Free up storage space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Free up storage space: Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place, but I just wasn't sure where else to put this. My laptop has barely any storage space left, and that's because 174 gigabytes of it are being used by apps. The problem is, I don't have many apps with large sizes, I just have tons of apps...
  6. Free storage space

Free storage space: I am having trouble clearing storage on my PC disk. My laptop has used 28.9 GB of 29 GB. I deleted apps and files. The use of storage on this laptop is now at 28.3 GB. I want to at least delete 10 GB or clear the disk out. I am trying to restore my iPhone using the iTunes app...
  7. disk storage: freeing up space

disk storage: freeing up space: Microsoft: In the change how free up space automatically, I had 3.08 GB of space freed up. But it dropped down to 3.06 GB. I managed to free up space and it went up to 3.07 but now, it dropped down to 2.73 GB. What happened there? Is it a bug or is that normal or what is...
  8. freeing up storage for laptop

freeing up storage for laptop: I need to free up storage for windows 10 updates. which older updates can I uninstall safely? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/freeing-up-storage-for-laptop/7a0e8fbd-4b9e-4a14-95c3-193777244ce9"
  9. freeing up storage space to speed up my comp.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    freeing up storage space to speed up my comp.: just upgraded pc from win.8.1 to win. 10 home works great but need to speed it up cause have a lot of stuff not being used for along time. nit backed all up on the upgrade...
  10. Free up storage space does not reduce the storage used for photos application.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Free up storage space does not reduce the storage used for photos application.: I've selected free up storage space for all of my files on the One Drive application but have run out of room on my SSD as a result of photos stored in the photos application. I appreciate advice on how to minimize the storage size required on my SSD for the Microsoft...