Windows 10: Using command prompt to backup

Discus and support Using command prompt to backup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello My computer has crashed and is not loading past the blue screen but it does give me advanced options to go onto the command prompt. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ReahHu, Nov 15, 2020.

1. ReahHu Win User

Using command prompt to backup

Hello

My computer has crashed and is not loading past the blue screen but it does give me advanced options to go onto the command prompt. I am wondering if there is a way from command prompt, to back up all my files on my PC hard drive to my one drive also on the pc or if that is even possible.

I am really scared to lose all the stuff ln the laptop as I have lots of important work stuff on there!

Thanks

:)

ReahHu, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Using command prompt to backup

1. Using command prompt to backup - Similar Threads - Using command prompt

2. Command prompt lost many useful commands

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command prompt lost many useful commands: Hi thereCMD on my Windows 10 PC has lost many useful commands.If I type dir it lists files in the current directory. It also responds correctly to cd, copy, eraseBut most other commands are lost. For example, help gives this response:'help' is not recognized as an internal or...
  3. Command prompt lost many useful commands

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command prompt lost many useful commands: Hi thereCMD on my Windows 10 PC has lost many useful commands.If I type dir it lists files in the current directory. It also responds correctly to cd, copy, eraseBut most other commands are lost. For example, help gives this response:'help' is not recognized as an internal or...
  4. Command prompt lost many useful commands

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Help with run command using the command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help with run command using the command prompt: Hello, I have a question regarding running a batch file using a command prompt. My batch file is in my directory. I change directory to where my batch file is located at , and run the batch file as shown in my example. But I got an error saying a run is not recognized...
  6. Cant use Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant use Command Prompt: So as you can see in the SECOND photo below those are my Enviromental Variables. I cant use my Command Prompt for anything not even to verify app versions. For some odd reason its configured to a 32 bit system and a OpenSSh. I dont know what it means and I suspect its the...
  7. How to backup and restore registry using only win10 iso command prompt

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to backup and restore registry using only win10 iso command prompt: In a link it suggested several registry troubleshooting steps for a Windows with black screen. For Windows 10 1909 how do you backup and restore one registry change using a windows 10 iso command prompt? If more than one registry entry is modified how do you backup and...
  8. How to backup and restore registry using only win10 iso command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    How to backup and restore registry using only win10 iso command prompt: In a link it suggested several registry troubleshooting steps for a Windows with black screen. For Windows 10 1909 how do you backup and restore one registry change using a windows 10 iso command prompt? If more than one registry entry is modified how do you backup and...
  9. Search using the Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Search using the Command Prompt: Hi - I need a bit of help but it cannot be too technical as I don't understand half of what I read in these threads*Confused My computer will not boot into Windows 10 (10.0.18302.356) but it does get so far as a Recovery Screen which tells me that a critical system driver is...
  10. commands in command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    commands in command prompt: is there a full list of DOS style Commands buried somewhere in win10 i try CHKDSK and get nowhere with the command unless I'm typing it wrong. but there are a few otthers i would be interested in as well. 54240