Windows 10: Using computer without Microsoft account

Discus and support Using computer without Microsoft account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I bought a new computer yesterday. It required me to link it to a Microsoft account in order to even turn the computer on. No other option was given.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ARKofEREH, Oct 10, 2020.

1. ARKofEREH Win User

Using computer without Microsoft account

I bought a new computer yesterday. It required me to link it to a Microsoft account in order to even turn the computer on. No other option was given. Of course, I didn't want a Microsoft account or to link my computer to one, but I did what was necessary in order to turn the computer on.

I have had many Windows computers before including a previous computer that also had Windows 10 and none of them ever required or for that matter even gave the option to link to a Microsoft account before. Is there any way that I can unlink/remove the unwanted Microsoft account from this computer but still be able to use the computer?

I just want to able to use the computer like normal without having a Microsoft account linked to it!

If for some reason it is not possible to do this, is there some way that I can clearly see which computers have this deficiency before I buy them so that I can return this one and replace it with a computer that I would feel comfortable using?

:)

ARKofEREH, Oct 10, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Using computer without Microsoft account :(

Zakin, Oct 10, 2020
  3. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Oct 10, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Using computer without Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Using computer without

2. Microsoft account changing without prompt using Word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account changing without prompt using Word: I have a number of Microsoft accounts set on my laptop on behalf of clients where I access emails on their behalf or have access to their Sharepoint folders.Traditionally I have always use my own account for all my Office 365 activities but have recently noticed an issue...
  3. Microsoft account changing without prompt using Word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account changing without prompt using Word: I have a number of Microsoft accounts set on my laptop on behalf of clients where I access emails on their behalf or have access to their Sharepoint folders.Traditionally I have always use my own account for all my Office 365 activities but have recently noticed an issue...
  4. Can one drive be used without a Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can one drive be used without a Microsoft account?: The company I work for has a customer who says that they used OneDrive to backup their QuickBooks data. Long story short they lost the data locally and are now looking for a way to recover. The user, however, says that he has never signed into a Microsoft account to use One...
  5. Can one drive be used without a Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can one drive be used without a Microsoft account?: The company I work for has a customer who says that they used OneDrive to backup their QuickBooks data. Long story short they lost the data locally and are now looking for a way to recover. The user, however, says that he has never signed into a Microsoft account to use One...
  6. Can one drive be used without a Microsoft account?

7. Using microsoft store without Microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Using microsoft store without Microsoft account: I have a PC with Windows 10 21H2, on which I login as a local user.At some point in the past, I used the Windows store, and logged into it with a Microsoft account.I no longer want to use the Microsoft account. I removed the account from Windows under Settings / Email and...
  8. Using microsoft store without Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using microsoft store without Microsoft account: I have a PC with Windows 10 21H2, on which I login as a local user.At some point in the past, I used the Windows store, and logged into it with a Microsoft account.I no longer want to use the Microsoft account. I removed the account from Windows under Settings / Email and...
  9. Using microsoft store without Microsoft account

10. Microsoft Account Picture displayed without using Microsoft Account for login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Account Picture displayed without using Microsoft Account for login: Hi, My Microsoft Account Picture is being displayed without me using Microsoft Account for logging into my HP Laptop. I am using a local account for logging in. I tried deleting the picture but am not able to do so. Could I have some inputs on how to go ahead please....