Windows 10: Using controllers on different windows user profiles

Discus and support Using controllers on different windows user profiles in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all,I'm having a slight issue with connecting and using my DS4 controller to a Windows 10 PC. On my main windows user profile, DS4windows and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FrankieHollins, Nov 23, 2021.

1. Using controllers on different windows user profiles

Hello all,I'm having a slight issue with connecting and using my DS4 controller to a Windows 10 PC. On my main windows user profile, DS4windows and Inputmapper detect the controller and I can use it in games. However, on another user profile with the same privileges and permissions it registers in devices as a controller but neither DS4 windows nor inputmapper think that there are any controllers connected to the computer.I am wondering if this is because controllers connected to PCs only work with default windows user profiles? If so, is there any way to get around this?Hope somebody sees t

:)

FrankieHollins, Nov 23, 2021

2. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Nov 23, 2021
  3. User profile cannot be loaded

Hi Calliandra,

The issue you're experiencing with signing into your Windows PC might be due to a corrupted user profile. That being said, we'll need more information to isolate the possible causes of your concern. Please answer the following questions:

• Have you tried signing into your Windows PC using a different user profile?
    • Did you restart your PC after the update?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Devlin Sco, Nov 23, 2021
  4. v444 Win User

Using controllers on different windows user profiles

script to delete users profile

A1- i guess local. (please check the attachment,i'm following those steps to do it, if it helps you to figure out if it's on PC or local)
    A2- no i don't need logs.

Full user delete.docx

Thema:

Using controllers on different windows user profiles

1. Using controllers on different windows user profiles - Similar Threads - Using controllers different

2. Different User Notifications on my Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different User Notifications on my Profile: Since moving in with my partner and putting her account on my PC, I have had the inconvenience of her FB messenger notifications playing sound when she is signed in but I am working on my profile. I can't seem to find any settings to disable this, and it is a pain to have her...
  3. Different User Notifications on my Profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different User Notifications on my Profile: Since moving in with my partner and putting her account on my PC, I have had the inconvenience of her FB messenger notifications playing sound when she is signed in but I am working on my profile. I can't seem to find any settings to disable this, and it is a pain to have her...
  4. Different User Notifications on my Profile

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Using controllers on different windows user profiles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using controllers on different windows user profiles: Hello all,I'm having a slight issue with connecting and using my DS4 controller to a Windows 10 PC. On my main windows user profile, DS4windows and Inputmapper detect the controller and I can use it in games. However, on another user profile with the same privileges and...
  6. Using controllers on different windows user profiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using controllers on different windows user profiles: Hello all,I'm having a slight issue with connecting and using my DS4 controller to a Windows 10 PC. On my main windows user profile, DS4windows and Inputmapper detect the controller and I can use it in games. However, on another user profile with the same privileges and...
  7. Getting different User Profile name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Getting different User Profile name: Today, I was cleaning the temp folder when i noticed that my user profile name is different. It should be "Surya Sengupta" however when i enter temp folder using run, i am getting "SURYAS~1". I am very much confused regarding this matter....
  8. Uninstalling apps in different user profiles

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Uninstalling apps in different user profiles: If I uninstall an app in a child's user profile will that delete it in my administrator user profile? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstalling-apps-in-different-user-profiles/862c1928-d83c-4911-a989-ba8e4dbfe4c7"
  9. Difference between deleting user profile by different ways

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Difference between deleting user profile by different ways: Profile of a user is corruped in a Domain PC. What is the difference if admin delete the user profile via advance system properties instead from registry editor. 142813
  10. Windows 10 User Profiles on different encrypted Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 User Profiles on different encrypted Partition: Hey everyone First of all I want to thank Kari for this (Users Folder - Move Location in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums) tutorial and at the same time curse at him/her making me have to deal with this broken ass Operating System Windows 10. :P The tutorial is the reason...