Windows 10: Using Cortana to get information related to current location

Discus and support Using Cortana to get information related to current location in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use Cortana to get information about weather etc. I find this feature very useful. But something has changed and I cannot get this information... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FlockaClark, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Using Cortana to get information related to current location

I use Cortana to get information about weather etc. I find this feature very useful. But something has changed and I cannot get this information according to my current location

:)

FlockaClark, Jan 27, 2019

2. Cortana and location won't turning on.

Hi Abhinav,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

We need to know more information to help you better.

• Which region do you live?

• Do you get any error message when you try to turn on your location in settings menu?
    Currently, Cortana is only available in the some of the countries/regions.
    I suggest you to refer the below article for more information about Cortana’s regions and languages.

Cortana’s regions and languages

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/cortanas-regions-and-languages

As you are not able to access Cortana from start menu, you may follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select
      Command prompt (admin).
    2. Enter the below command and hit Enter key.

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

3. Now enter the below command and hit Enter key.

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

I suggest you to refer to the below help article for more information on how Location services will work in Windows 10.

Windows 10location service and privacy: FAQ

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/location-service-privacy

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jan 27, 2019
  3. Cortana not working

Hi,

Just to ensure that the settings are configured correctly, please try the steps below.

This issue may occur if location settings are not turned on for Cortana.

To turn on location settings for Cortana, I suggest you to try these steps and check if it helps.

• Click on Start Button and type Location in the search.

• Open Location Privacy Settings.

• Under the option "choose apps that can use your location" check if Cortana is turned on.

• If not turn on and check if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Joy Kemprai, Jan 27, 2019
  4. Using Cortana to get information related to current location

Cortana and Location Settings

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

This issue may occur if location settings are not turned on for Cortana.

To turn on location settings for cortana, I suggest you to try these steps and check if it helps.

• Click on Start Button and type Location in the search.

• Open Location Privacy Settings.

• Under the option "choose apps that can use your location" check if Cortana is turned on.

• If not turn on and check if it helps.
    Also suggest you to check if similar issue persists on another user account.

Create another administrator user account by referring to

Set up accounts
    on Windows 10 article.

The corrupted user profile does not function normally such as not launching
    Start menu, Cortana, Search bar, Store and other
    Windows applications. In such cases creating a new profile and checking for the same will help in identifying if the is specific to corrupted user profile or the OS.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

Using Cortana to get information related to current location

1. Using Cortana to get information related to current location - Similar Threads - Using Cortana information

2. Cortana related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana related: Can you tell me why i cannot log in in cortana. Does microsoft end cortana service. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-related/d1445a23-f6d9-436a-9c28-083584285ed6
  3. Cortana related

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana related: Can you tell me why i cannot log in in cortana. Does microsoft end cortana service. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-related/d1445a23-f6d9-436a-9c28-083584285ed6
  4. Cortana related issue

in Cortana
    Cortana related issue: Hello. I recently updated my pc to Microsoft 2010 version 2004. Prior to this cortana was able to open all the apps when I used to ask it. However after this update, whenever I ask her to open or close an app, she would just show me a reply from Bing.com which showed how to...
  5. Related to Cortana

in Cortana
    Related to Cortana: My Cortana is not workingresponding. It's showing Sorry,but Cortana is not available in EnglishIndia at this time. Please help asap I need to use it.... I have tried many steps but still it's not responding....
  6. Related to Cortana

in Cortana
    Related to Cortana: My Cortana is not workingresponding. It's showing Sorry,but Cortana is not available in EnglishIndia at this time. Please help asap I need to use it.... I have tried many steps but still it's not responding....
  7. Cortana's Location

in Cortana
    Cortana's Location: I live in NE PA and Cortana gives me weather and movies for places in MD. How is that useful for me. A user should opt for inserting a current Zip code or location for this information otherwise you have written a useless software for a user!!...
  8. 'this location is currently in use' meaning?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    'this location is currently in use' meaning?: what does the message 'this location is currently in use' mean? I booted Windows 10, version 1803 just now and found this message at the top of my display in a round window....
  9. Use Cortana without location enable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Use Cortana without location enable: Are there anyways I can use Cortana without enable location ? Because when I enable my location it low by batteries life a lot *Sad 46112
  10. Your Location Is Currently In Use

in Windows 10 Support
    Your Location Is Currently In Use: I use windows 10 on my laptop. I have gotten this quite a bit message on the bottom right of my laptop where the icon comes up. Can someone tell me why im getting this message? And most importantly, does it matter? And should i be turning it off? I read that its windows...