Windows 10: Using Cortana

Discus and support Using Cortana in Cortana to solve the problem; Can I use Cortana while on facebook and typing a post?... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by MARYHOGGE, Apr 27, 2021.

1. MARYHOGGE Win User

Using Cortana

Can I use Cortana while on facebook and typing a post?

:)

MARYHOGGE, Apr 27, 2021
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Apr 27, 2021
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Apr 27, 2021
  4. Using Cortana

windows 10 Cortana

Hi Carmentaylor,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Apr 27, 2021
Thema:

Using Cortana

1. Using Cortana - Similar Threads - Using Cortana

2. how can I use cortana on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I use cortana on my laptop?: I am having trouble in trying to open my cortana app. what should I do? when ever I tried to open it, it takes me directly to service agreement instead of taking me to the sign in page...
  3. how can I use cortana on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can I use cortana on my laptop?: I am having trouble in trying to open my cortana app. what should I do? when ever I tried to open it, it takes me directly to service agreement instead of taking me to the sign in page...
  4. i am unable to sign in on Cortana even though i am signed in on Windows using my Hotmail...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am unable to sign in on Cortana even though i am signed in on Windows using my Hotmail...: hii have purchased a new laptop with windows 11 pro, i have logged in using my hotmail account and i cant seem to sign in cortana. The sign in option shows but nothing happens. just stuck on this page...
  5. i am unable to sign in on Cortana even though i am signed in on Windows using my Hotmail...

i am unable to sign in on Cortana even though i am signed in on Windows using my Hotmail...: hii have purchased a new laptop with windows 11 pro, i have logged in using my hotmail account and i cant seem to sign in cortana. The sign in option shows but nothing happens. just stuck on this page...
  6. Cortana Dictation Popup 6 - 8 inches long, blocks important info, and serves no useful purpose.

Cortana Dictation Popup 6 - 8 inches long, blocks important info, and serves no useful purpose.: Why is the cortana pop-up when i try to use voice dictation so huge? People with disabilities have rights, too, and this pop-up makes Cortana almost useless for voice dictation. It serves no useful purpose, other than showing me the mic is listening, and yet it is covering up...
  7. Cortana Dictation Popup 6 - 8 inches long, blocks important info, and serves no useful purpose.

in Cortana
    Cortana Dictation Popup 6 - 8 inches long, blocks important info, and serves no useful purpose.: Why is the cortana pop-up when i try to use voice dictation so huge? People with disabilities have rights, too, and this pop-up makes Cortana almost useless for voice dictation. It serves no useful purpose, other than showing me the mic is listening, and yet it is covering up...
  8. Cortana Dictation Popup 6 - 8 inches long, blocks important info, and serves no useful purpose.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. What are some advantages of using Google Assistant vs Cortana on a Windows PC?

in Cortana
    What are some advantages of using Google Assistant vs Cortana on a Windows PC?: I'm looking for a voice assistant to run on my Desktop, and am just wondering if going through the unconventional installation guide of Google Assistant on my computer is worth it compared to just running Cortana which comes built-in to Windows 10 by default. Are there any...
  10. What are some advantages of using Google Assistant vs Cortana on a Windows PC?

What are some advantages of using Google Assistant vs Cortana on a Windows PC?: I'm looking for a voice assistant to run on my Desktop, and am just wondering if going through the unconventional installation guide of Google Assistant on my computer is worth it compared to just running Cortana which comes built-in to Windows 10 by default. Are there any...