Windows 10: Using dark mode File Explorer flashes white first then opens in dark mode

Discus and support Using dark mode File Explorer flashes white first then opens in dark mode in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there anyway to fix this please? I did clean install Windows 10 and the flashes are much longer then before. Before it was very quick flash but now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/stonded, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Using dark mode File Explorer flashes white first then opens in dark mode

Is there anyway to fix this please?

I did clean install Windows 10 and the flashes are much longer then before. Before it was very quick flash but now its much longer.

submitted by /u/stonded
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/stonded, Jul 19, 2020
  2. BorjaZD Win User

About win 10 build 1809 dark mode white flash problem

Hello everibody

We know that there is a very annoying issue at file explorer when dark mode is enabled. (the White flash when opening folders)

But as there is no solution yet, i have the next question: is there any way to have the dark mode enabled ONLY at the Windows 10 menus (settings, devices, accounts, etc) but disabled in the file explorer?

this is to have the dark mode enabled at the modern ui but avoid the annoyances of file explorer white flash.

thanks you for your help

BorjaZD, Jul 19, 2020
  3. jonesH Win User
    File explorer in dark theme gone!

There was an option for choosing dark mode. I followed both suggestion above to the letter. But it did not fix the problem. Only Explorer is white. Which was the behavior before 1809.

jonesH, Jul 19, 2020
  4. Seifer23 Win User

Using dark mode File Explorer flashes white first then opens in dark mode

Dark Mode

I was using dark mode before 1809, but with this update file explorer also has dark mode.

It there any option to disable dark mode on that specific program?

Seifer23, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

Using dark mode File Explorer flashes white first then opens in dark mode

1. Using dark mode File Explorer flashes white first then opens in dark mode - Similar Threads - Using dark mode

2. Dark mode flashing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dark mode flashing: When i insert the usb, it will change to dark mode and go back to normal. all usb port is the same situation. Also, copy and paste are same situation.If i create a new account, it is normal. However, i hope to fix this issue. Thank you....
  3. Dark mode flashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dark mode flashing: When i insert the usb, it will change to dark mode and go back to normal. all usb port is the same situation. Also, copy and paste are same situation.If i create a new account, it is normal. However, i hope to fix this issue. Thank you....
  4. Dark mode flashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Getting a white Flash when File explorer opens using Dark mode in windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting a white Flash when File explorer opens using Dark mode in windows 10: Well Since the New Update I get a white flash When browsing using Microsoft Edge or Opening File explorer but the flash is only persistent in these things when Dark Mode is Enabled anyone have any solutions other than simply not using dark mode? submitted by...
  6. White line in File Explorer Dark Mode

in Cortana
    White line in File Explorer Dark Mode: Hi, On my File Explorer, there's this strange white line as seen in the picture. Anybody got any suggestions how to fix it? Thanks.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-line-in-file-explorer-dark-mode/852a26aa-ab7b-447d-8117-a10b1773c5d8
  7. White flashes in explorer with dark mode active

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    White flashes in explorer with dark mode active: I have dark mode active and when I open explorer the window flashes white quickly and when I expand to full screen it does it again and the window looks glitchy for a split second like it's missing an animation. Has it always done this or is it something new as I have only...
  8. dark mode for file explorer

dark mode for file explorer: Can anyone tell me how to enable dark mode in file explorer. I have turned my theme setting to dark but it doesn't affects the file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-mode-for-file-explorer/bbce1d4b-d204-4418-9ee3-d57312999611
  9. File Explorer Dark Mode

File Explorer Dark Mode: So i was trying to change my Pc theme to dark mode. but when i activated Dark mode my "Windows Setting" changed to black but my "File Explorer" won't. Am i missing something or it just exclusively available to microsoft insider program only? I'm using Windows 10 Home Version...
  10. File Explorer Dark Mode

File Explorer Dark Mode: So i was trying to change my Pc theme to dark mode. but when i activated Dark mode my "Windows Setting" changed to black but my "File Explorer" won't. Am i missing something or it just exclusively available to microsoft insider program only? I'm using Windows 10 Home Version...