Windows 10: Using different ram capacity on a laptop along with stock ram

Discus and support Using different ram capacity on a laptop along with stock ram in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a alienware 15 r3 and would like to upgrade the ram, Can i find a 16gb stick with the same specs and add that to the single channel of 8gb that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mattzepess, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Using different ram capacity on a laptop along with stock ram

I have a alienware 15 r3 and would like to upgrade the ram, Can i find a 16gb stick with the same specs and add that to the single channel of 8gb that is already in it? Ive done this without caring in older machines but never on a newer gaming laptop. if i can get a general okay from the community Id open up the laptop and find the exact model of ram unless a windows utility can find the rams model and brand and then see if theres a very similar stick but in a 16gb form. If this will be a pain or potentially full of issues then id imagine a 16gb kit is the next best option.

:)

mattzepess, Sep 3, 2019

2. ram capacity

Hello sir my windows phone Nokia Lumia 630 is a smooth run but I when I opened many windows, or I opened what's app and play videos, the phone will close all open programs and came to back on desktop. I understand that this problem is depends on capacity
    of the RAM. I have low capacity of RAM that 500 mb. How can I increase the RAM. Suggests me.

bhoopalsingh 941, Sep 3, 2019
  3. ram capacity

You can't increase RAM, you have to buy a phone with more ram which are limited to two phones

The Lumia 950 with 3Mb and the Lumia 930 with 2Mb
    with the few exceptions (512Mb ) the other have 1GB, the figuresn, the system is allocated RAM firtst so 512MB in you case is NOT all user available.

You have to close down open apps and regularly delete browsing history which decrease ram as it sits in RAM

You can check this article about Storage on my phone

Philip Anderson's Mother's Son, Sep 3, 2019
  4. lacrumb Win User

Using different ram capacity on a laptop along with stock ram

ram

You may not need more slots but you may need to replace the existing RAM chips for one that have more capacity.

If you have 4 GB of RAM and 2 chips those chips are 2 GB chips. Replace them with 4 GB chips and then you will have 8 GB of RAM.

The amount of RAM may not be increased on some of the older or newer laptops.

I have an old Lenovo laptop/tablet that I can not increase the size of the chips as the BIOS does not accept it even with the latest BIOS update.

lacrumb, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Using different ram capacity on a laptop along with stock ram

1. Using different ram capacity on a laptop along with stock ram - Similar Threads - Using different ram

2. What's happened about install the capacity ram more than maximum capacity ram that CPU support?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's happened about install the capacity ram more than maximum capacity ram that CPU support?: Hi everyone who read this post, I have a question about install more capacity ram. My system operate like this: i5-5200U, Ram: 4gb DDR3L 1600, 120gb SSD 2.5inch. I am going to upgrade from 4gb to 24gb Ram but I have seen in intel website that my CPU just support maximum 16gb...
  3. What's happened about install the capacity ram more than maximum capacity ram that CPU support?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's happened about install the capacity ram more than maximum capacity ram that CPU support?: Hi everyone who read this post, I have a question about install more capacity ram. My system operate like this: i5-5200U, Ram: 4gb DDR3L 1600, 120gb SSD 2.5inch. I am going to upgrade from 4gb to 24gb Ram but I have seen in intel website that my CPU just support maximum 16gb...
  4. What's happened about install the capacity ram more than maximum capacity ram that CPU support?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?: I hope you can understand my problem from the title, but let me explain a bit further.I'm no genius when it comes to computers, but this feels weird.Yes, i've tried to search a solution, but what seems most reasonable is a hardware problem so before i take it to an expert i'd...
  6. Ram use

Ram use: i have a old AM3 motherboard idk if that would effect it but imma add that with 8gb of ram but it says i can only use 3.9gb which is weird and idk how to fix it, im also on windows 10 specs: CPU: FX 8320 GPU : radeon HD 7759 ram : 2x4 gb PNY ddr3 ram motherboard : asus m5a97...
  7. Laptop RAM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop RAM: Need help. Ihave Lenovo Y520 laptop with I7-7700hq, 1050 Ti, 1tb hdd and 128gb ssd. It has 8 gb installed and 7.9gb usable (thats normal) RAM, however, in past month I have noticed lowered mperformance, random crashes. When checking out task manager it shows that Im using...
  8. Using different ram capacity on a laptop along with stock ram

Using different ram capacity on a laptop along with stock ram: I have a alienware 15 r3 and would like to upgrade the ram, Can i find a 16gb stick with the same specs and add that to the single channel of 8gb that is already in it? Ive done this without caring in older machines but never on a newer gaming laptop. if i can get a general...
  9. RAM capacity for Photoshop CC 2018

RAM capacity for Photoshop CC 2018: i've lastly updated my windows onto the april update, before having updated i worked with the official version of photoshop CC 2018 without problems. after the update by saving the doc worked out by photoshop, i have allways a remark stated not enough RAM! see attached...
  10. RAM capacity

in Windows 10 Support
    RAM capacity: i've lastly updated my windows onto the april update, before having updated i worked with the official version of photoshop CC 2018 without problems. after the update by saving the doc worked out by photoshop, i have allways a remark stated not enough RAM! see attached...