Windows 10: Using Digital Signature to check download integrity

Discus and support Using Digital Signature to check download integrity in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi. I'm sure I know the answer to this question 99.99% but I want to be completely sure. Can the digital signature of an executable be used as a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ApertureNext, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Using Digital Signature to check download integrity

Hi.

I'm sure I know the answer to this question 99.99% but I want to be completely sure.

Can the digital signature of an executable be used as a means to check if a download was done without corruption? I'm sure it can, but want to be completely sure that there's no fault in the method.

Many thanks!

submitted by /u/ApertureNext
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ApertureNext, Apr 9, 2020

2. "......does not have a valid digital signature...." when running Java update in Windows 10.

Hi Nattawat,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will help you in resolving the issue.

Digital signatures allow administrators and end users who are installing Windows-based software to know whether a legitimate publisher has provided the software package.

Method 1: To run the application without a valid digital signature follow the steps below:

• Right click on the program or file that you are unable to access and click on
      Properties.
    • Click on Unblock and run the application to check if the issue is resolved.

Method 2: To unblock the files that do not have valid digital signature and to load them on the PC, follow the steps below:

• Open Internet Explorer and click on Tools options located at the top right corner of the web page.
    • Select Internet options and click on Advanced tab.
    • Locate Allow Software to run or install even if the signatures is invalid under
      Security category and check the box.
    • Click on Apply and Ok to make changes.
    • Close the Internet Explorer and check if the changes are effective.

Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Windows 10 not booting: AswVmm.sys digital signature check failed

After freshly installing Avast Premier on a brand new HP ProBook 470 G2 with Windows 10 Home, I keep on getting the following message that prevents Windows from booting normally:

The workaround is to pres F8 and 7 - Disable driver signature enforcement in startup options.

I have tried:

1. Repair AVast
    2. Uninstall - boot - download - Install Avast

This did not help. Looked on the internet, like here, but no reasonable advice.
    (I have copied the original disk to SSD with Samsung Data Migration software, which was a seamless process.)

Any workaround except disabling driver signature validation?

Vojtěch Dohnal, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Using Digital Signature to check download integrity

Getting "a digitally signed driver is required"

Hi Thomas,

This error can occur if there is a driver attempting to be installed on the system that was not signed by Microsoft digitally. Driver digital signatures help verify the integrity of the driver packages. To avoid this error, you need to disable the driver
    signature enforcement. Follow the steps below:

• Press and hold the Shift key then click Restart button.
    • Choose Troubleshoot, then select Advanced options.
    • Select Startup Settings and click Restart.
    • Once the computer restarts, you'll see a list of options. Press F7 to select
      Disable driver signature.
    • Computer will now restart. Once done, check if the same error will occur.

Let us know the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Anne Ros, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Using Digital Signature to check download integrity

1. Using Digital Signature to check download integrity - Similar Threads - Using Digital Signature

2. Failed to verify digital signature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed to verify digital signature: I am facing below issue please suggest me for the .sfc /scannow is done.windows update also done.How to fix the issue . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-to-verify-digital-signature/0a4dab46-487b-48b1-84fd-1b82b00af75e
  3. Failed to verify digital signature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed to verify digital signature: I am facing below issue please suggest me for the .sfc /scannow is done.windows update also done.How to fix the issue . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-to-verify-digital-signature/0a4dab46-487b-48b1-84fd-1b82b00af75e
  4. Multiple Digital Signatures- with Comments?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple Digital Signatures- with Comments?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/elfurezo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lujz5g/multiple_digital_signatures_with_comments/
  5. WSUSSCN2.CAB Digital Signature issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WSUSSCN2.CAB Digital Signature issue: I have several desktops that are completely offline due to requirements. I utilize WSUSSCN2.CAB to verify which patches are needed for a given month and verify patch compliance upon patch completion. I utilize scripts that query the CAB to produce the results. Now I...
  6. Digital signature error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Digital signature error: When I go to properties of a file, it lists digital signatures as expected. But when I go to details of a specific signature, it says:"The digital signature of this object did not verify.". Shouldnt the windows warn me of a faulty signature without me going to details?...
  7. Windows10 Family missing digital signature

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows10 Family missing digital signature: I want to use a small software. But the windows saids that it ismissing digital signature.what should i do?? Thanks for reading and appreciate for your help!...
  8. Driver digital signature

Driver digital signature: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17763.379] - the Sennheiser HDV 820 USB driver is not working. Windows says that it cannot verify the digital signature. Now (HDV 820) this is a rather new product (1-2 years old) and I am quite positive that the USB drivers provided by...
  9. Adobe Digital Signatures - Crypto Errors

in Windows 10 Support
    Adobe Digital Signatures - Crypto Errors: I've used a digital signature for a while but lately when trying to apply it, I am getting the following error: Key generation error: Internal cryptographic library error Error Code 0x2719 I have no idea how to fix this. I found an article that says rename the Crypto...
  10. Digital Signature in BIOS File Properties

Digital Signature in BIOS File Properties: This question concerns the timestamp that appears in the Digital Signatures tab in the File Properties of a Dell system BIOS file. Does the timestamp tell you that Dell did not make any additional changes to the file after the date/time listed in the timestamp field? 103972