Windows 10: using disc for backup

Discus and support using disc for backup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; What is the best way to use a disc when running back up??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MII REAL TIME, Oct 2, 2018.

1. using disc for backup

What is the best way to use a disc when running back up??

:)

MII REAL TIME, Oct 2, 2018
  2. Jaune Bel Win User

External media drive not offered for backup

We understand that you want to back up your files on your DVD. At this point, we suggest that you try these steps so you can create a backup of it:

• Open the folder that contains the files that you want to back up.
    • Select the files to be moved on the DVD disc inserted.
    • Click Share on the tab section of the window.
    • Click Burn to disc to transfer it to the DVD disc.

In case these steps didn't work, kindly consult your manufacturer so they could recommend a software compatible for your computer to burn your files on your DVD.

Regards.

Jaune Bel, Oct 2, 2018
  3. Disc for windows 7 to run on windows 10

Hi Jane,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to read the Windows 7 disc and check if it helps.

• Insert Windows 7 disc.
    • Press “Windows+E” which will open file explorer.
    • There you will find the Windows 7 disc.
    • Open the disc and copy the files anywhere on your computer, so that you can access the information from the disc.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 2, 2018
  4. using disc for backup

format/backup CD/DVD discs

Hi Patricia,

Please share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you facing this issue with the particular DVD or others also?
    I suggest you to refer to the below given methods and check if issue is resolved.

Method: 1

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Method: 2

Check if the DVD drive is getting detected in Disk Management

Refer the steps below to open disc management:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Disk Management.
    • Click on Actions and click on
      rescan disks
      and click on Refresh and check if issue persists.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

using disc for backup

1. using disc for backup - Similar Threads - using disc backup

2. Backup and restore Disc sizes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Backup and restore Disc sizes: In Windows 7, I learned the hard way that restoring a backup to a same sized replacement hard drive does not work. What does work is restoring the backup to a drive with a higher capacity. This is because of some obscure device requirement. The problem with this is that both...
  3. Backup and restore Disc sizes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup and restore Disc sizes: In Windows 7, I learned the hard way that restoring a backup to a same sized replacement hard drive does not work. What does work is restoring the backup to a drive with a higher capacity. This is because of some obscure device requirement. The problem with this is that both...
  4. Backup and restore Disc sizes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Backup Discs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup Discs: Whenever I have purchased a computer which were always Hewlett Packard, I was able to order a set of CD's loaded with the initial packages of what was on the pc. Seems now a days nobody can explain where you can order these, do to everything being Microsoft. So who do I...
  6. external disc backup

external disc backup: can I use same external disc to backup two windows computers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-disc-backup/49e93847-f9ae-4c6e-bf2a-f5de251aad7b
  7. System Image Backup and Repair Disc on same drive

System Image Backup and Repair Disc on same drive: Dear Sirs- I am running Windows 10 Home Edition on an Acer E5 laptop. I just created a System Image Backup on an external hard drive (Seagate Slim 2 GB). I have a couple of questions and would really appreciate any help! Upon successful completion of the image backup, I...
  8. High disc use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High disc use: My wifes Toshiba laptop usage seems always to be at or near 100%, slows down or completely freezes. The usage varies every second but the most popular are Registry, System, and then sometime Microsoft malicious s, content service host, stand alone update and so on. Any help...
  9. Use my FSX Discs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use my FSX Discs?: Hello - Obviously a newbie here! Maybe someone can help or lead me in the right direction with an issue that I am having? I have my OEM FSX install discs, along with my product code key, serial numbers and all that good stuff. Years ago when I bought it, I loaded it on to my...
  10. Using Backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Using Backup: When choosing a folder in*the 'Backup these folders' section in Windows Backup, does Windows backup the subfolders within the folder? James 85200