Windows 10: using DoH, how to do traceroute from Firefox browser?

Discus and support using DoH, how to do traceroute from Firefox browser? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; FF 67.0.4 Windows 10 1803 i have enabled DoH in my browser, now how do i know (maybe using traceroute) that it is resolving names using DoH servers... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by badbanana, Jul 8, 2019.

1. badbanana Win User

using DoH, how to do traceroute from Firefox browser?

FF 67.0.4
    Windows 10 1803

i have enabled DoH in my browser, now how do i know (maybe using traceroute) that it is resolving names using DoH servers and not my DNS servers?

:)

badbanana, Jul 8, 2019
  2. JSheridan Win User

a problem with firefox been the default browser

No I don't remember seeing it before installing Waterfox. Also, I tried uninstalling both Firefox and Waterfox and then installed Firefox, still not present on the Default Browser list.

Windows 10 1809 with the latest updates but the same problem was there in 1803. I didn't notice it before then.

I tried the suggestions in the link you provided and nothing worked except the last one with the command prompt command. That worked on the laptop that was most affected and made Firefox appear on the list and is now my default browser. using DoH, how to do traceroute from Firefox browser? :)

I also have a desktop which has had Firefox as the default browser forever but it doesn't show up on the Default Browser list and none of the suggestions worked to make it appear. I'm not going to mess with that one too much as Firefox is already the default browser so I'll be fine unless it somehow gets changed.

Thanks for your help. using DoH, how to do traceroute from Firefox browser? :)

JSheridan, Jul 8, 2019
  3. How do I make Firefox my default browser on a Windows 10 laptop

Step 5 is incorrect; when I go to choose an app, the only choices are Edge, IE, or Chrome; Firefox is not listed.

BruceEmory, Jul 8, 2019
  4. using DoH, how to do traceroute from Firefox browser?

Unresponsive script error in Firefox browser

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Firefox browser. We will help you.

• Are you facing the same issue in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer?
    • Did you try deleting the browsing history and clearing the cache and check if the issue resolves?
    If it works fine in Internet explorer and Microsoft Edge and not in Firefox, I suggest you to
    uninstall the Firefox application and reinstall it and check if the issue persists.

• Press Windows + X keys and select Programs and features.
    • Select the Firefox app and click Uninstall.
    • Restart the machine and reinstall the Firefox and check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

using DoH, how to do traceroute from Firefox browser?

1. using DoH, how to do traceroute from Firefox browser? - Similar Threads - using DoH traceroute

2. Videos are not playing using Firefox browser?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos are not playing using Firefox browser?: Videos are not playing using Firefox browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-are-not-playing-using-firefox-browser/c4208dc8-843d-4424-ae1e-9d6a382a331a
  3. Videos are not playing using Firefox browser?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Videos are not playing using Firefox browser?: Videos are not playing using Firefox browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-are-not-playing-using-firefox-browser/c4208dc8-843d-4424-ae1e-9d6a382a331a
  4. Videos are not playing using Firefox browser?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Outlook won't open using the Firefox browser.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook won't open using the Firefox browser.: Hello,I haven't been able to open my hotmail email for weeks on the Firefox browser. This is what comes up: https://outlook.live.com/mail/0/junkemail and a blank page. What's going on?How do I fix this?Megan...
  6. using firefox browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    using firefox browser: Why can't i use firefox as my browser instead of microsoft edge. I am more familiar with firefox. but microsoft wont let me change without the threat of cant come back after switching from S mo...
  7. using firefox browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    using firefox browser: Why can't i use firefox as my browser instead of microsoft edge. I am more familiar with firefox. but microsoft wont let me change without the threat of cant come back after switching from S mo...
  8. How do I change default browser from Edge to Firefox

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change default browser from Edge to Firefox: Split from this thread.How do I change default brower from Edge to Fire fox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-default-browser-from-edge-to/bb038e6b-b98f-4544-9bab-29f72433712d
  9. Traceroute cmd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Traceroute cmd: In the last months I have started studying networking in my free time as I have lived far too long with trashy internets and wanted to understand more about their inner workings.In the last month my internet has been very bad but only now I have taken an interest to see why...
  10. FireFox Browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    FireFox Browser: I wish to add a picture in the body of the browser instead of color. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firefox-browser/4dbd8dbf-bc60-4186-b6a4-00b231a23d9f