Windows 10: Using Dropbox

Discus and support Using Dropbox in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I failed to share a Dropbox file. When I opened a dialog box and entered the email address, it said ‘Windows cant find this person’. This person’s... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by William Castillo2, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Using Dropbox

I failed to share a Dropbox file. When I opened a dialog box and entered the email address, it said ‘Windows cant find this person’. This person’s email is not in my contact list. Is it really a problem?

:)

William Castillo2, Jan 9, 2019

2. Deleting Dropbox

Hello Donna,

As you are issue is concerned to deleting the Dropbox, we will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Are you referring to Dropbox icon/ application on Windows 10?

If you are referring to Dropbox app on your device, try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: If the Dropbox is preloaded on your desktop:

• Click Start.
    • Click Settings.
    • Click System.
    • Click Apps & features.
    • Select Get Dropbox or Dropbox X GB from the application list, where "X" is the amount of space corresponding to your promotion.
    • Click Uninstall.

Step 2: If the Dropbox is a desktop app follow:

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel.
    • Under Programs, select Uninstall a program.
    • Select Dropboxfrom the list of programs, and click Uninstall.

Hope it helps. Provide us additional information if you are still facing the issues with deleting the Dropbox program on your device.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    New Dropbox folder

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• What is the exact issue you are facing with?
    If you are facing any issues with Dropbox, I suggest you to post the query on Dropbox forums for further assistance.

Refer to the below link.

https://www.dropbox.com/help

For any query related to Windows Operating System, feel free to post on Microsoft Community. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Jan 9, 2019
  4. EdTittel Win User

Using Dropbox

Dropbox or Jack in box?

Have you taken a look at the help file from Dropbox itself: Uninstall Dropbox - Dropbox Help - Dropbox It says if the software came pre-installed on your PC extra removal steps "may" be needed, and explains how to take them. Check it out!
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Using Dropbox

1. Using Dropbox - Similar Threads - Using Dropbox

2. Resizing windows like tmux in win10 using keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Resizing windows like tmux in win10 using keyboard: I'm looking for some utility or window manager that provides me with the following ability in oder to code in a easy way. I need to work with two windows vertically, occupying the entire screen. At some point, I would like to be able to press a keyboard shortcut that can...
  3. BSOD Crash when using Bluetooth PAN to connect to phone. Get invalid mdl range error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Crash when using Bluetooth PAN to connect to phone. Get invalid mdl range error: On a Surface Pro 7+ running the latest version available of Windows 11. EVERY TIME I connect to a phone via BT PAN I get the BSOD error 'Invalid MDL Range'. I've reset all network adapters, updated all drivers via windows update and intel. Seems like the exact same issue...
  4. BSOD Crash when using Bluetooth PAN to connect to phone. Get invalid mdl range error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Crash when using Bluetooth PAN to connect to phone. Get invalid mdl range error: On a Surface Pro 7+ running the latest version available of Windows 11. EVERY TIME I connect to a phone via BT PAN I get the BSOD error 'Invalid MDL Range'. I've reset all network adapters, updated all drivers via windows update and intel. Seems like the exact same issue...
  5. For those who use McAfee what subscription do you use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    For those who use McAfee what subscription do you use: It seems McAffee is asking me to always upgrade and add to my subscription. I am on the Advanced individual plan. But during a recent scan recommended I get the PC optimizer and then another scan recommended anti-tracker. This would be three ongoing subsubscriptions. Do I...
  6. For those who use McAfee what subscription do you use

For those who use McAfee what subscription do you use: It seems McAffee is asking me to always upgrade and add to my subscription. I am on the Advanced individual plan. But during a recent scan recommended I get the PC optimizer and then another scan recommended anti-tracker. This would be three ongoing subsubscriptions. Do I...
  7. Is there a way to script a device to use a specific driver, even if its not marked as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to script a device to use a specific driver, even if its not marked as...: Hi, I was hoping to see if anyone has had any luck scripting the assignment of a specific driver to a device? I've tried using pnputil to install the driver, it gets added to the store but the device does not automatically pick it up. If I do this manually in device manager...
  8. How do I get my PrtSc key to save screenshots directly into Dropbox? It used to work.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get my PrtSc key to save screenshots directly into Dropbox? It used to work.: I want the one-key PrtSc button to save my entire screen into a specified folder. This used to work, until I reinstalled W10. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-prtsc-key-to-save-screenshots/0210cf48-cfa8-4699-8b35-6a4bbc87c2ba
  9. Comments on use of DROPBOX & DROPSYNC

Comments on use of DROPBOX & DROPSYNC: Hello Not too sure this is in the right place as I've just moved over from W7 but here goes. I have several devices, this W10 PC , a Samsung Tablet and a Samsung S5 phone. I want to be able to see an up to date display on any of the devices of a Budget app. I understand...
  10. Problems using Microsoft Print to PDF with Dropbox folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems using Microsoft Print to PDF with Dropbox folders: Lately when I try to use the Microsoft Print to PDF feature in Windows 10, it is unable to save to any Dropbox folder. It creates the file but it is 0 size. I can print in any folder other than Dropbox. I can print it to my desktop then copy the resulting file to Dropbox, but...