Windows 10: using dropshade for desktop icons auto-enables

Discus and support using dropshade for desktop icons auto-enables in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have disabled feature under appearance setting called:"using dropshade for desktop icons". Yet sometimes, icons on the desktop having shade, even it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by empleat, May 28, 2020.

1. empleat Win User

using dropshade for desktop icons auto-enables

I have disabled feature under appearance setting called:"using dropshade for desktop icons". Yet sometimes, icons on the desktop having shade, even it is disabled there. Any ideas what may cause this ?

:)

empleat, May 28, 2020
  2. empleat Win User

I have disabled feature under appearance setting called:"using dropshade for desktop icons". Yet sometimes, icons on the desktop having shade, even it is disabled there. Any ideas what may cause this ?

empleat, May 28, 2020
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, May 28, 2020
  4. using dropshade for desktop icons auto-enables

Desktop Icons

Hello Charles,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • Are you using any 3rd-party antivirus software?
    • Check if the Auto arrange icons is enabled, refer to the steps below:
    • Right-click on your Desktop, hover your mouse cursor to View.
    • Click on Auto arrange icons to disable the feature.
    • Kindly send us a screenshot of your Desktop icons.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, May 28, 2020
Thema:

1. using dropshade for desktop icons auto-enables - Similar Threads - using dropshade desktop

2. Auto turn off "Show desktop icon"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto turn off "Show desktop icon": I have a pretty nice wallpaper but it's covered by the icons most of the time. So I want to ask if there is any way to turn of "Show desktop icon" whenever I boot up my PC?...
  3. Auto turn off "Show desktop icon"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto turn off "Show desktop icon": I have a pretty nice wallpaper but it's covered by the icons most of the time. So I want to ask if there is any way to turn of "Show desktop icon" whenever I boot up my PC?...
  4. Auto turn off "Show desktop icon"

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. The placement of the desktop icon changes when the auto hide taskbar is enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The placement of the desktop icon changes when the auto hide taskbar is enabled: So for some reason when I enable my auto-hide taskbar it just changes the placement of my desktop apps and foldersis this a new windows update with new profiles of taskbarregards MaskedCoder...
  6. The placement of the desktop icon changes when the auto hide taskbar is enabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The placement of the desktop icon changes when the auto hide taskbar is enabled: So for some reason when I enable my auto-hide taskbar it just changes the placement of my desktop apps and foldersis this a new windows update with new profiles of taskbarregards MaskedCoder...
  7. Auto Arrange Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Arrange Desktop Icons: I am on Windows 10 version 20H2.Desktop Icons are arranged in a scattered manner A-Z should be auto arranged but it is arranged as A-Z A-Z, there are two starting of the sorting order. How to make this sorting order to be singular and every icon on the desktop gets arranged...
  8. Refreshing Desktop auto arranges Desktop Icons!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Refreshing Desktop auto arranges Desktop Icons!: I'm running Windows 10 Pro (version 1803 OS Build 17134.228 - a/o Aug 15, 2018) It appears some recent update has decided to ignore my Desktop settings and auto arrange all my Desktop Icons whenever I refresh my Desktop (right click background / left click Refresh) even...
  9. Desktop Icons - Can't align to grid/Auto-arrange

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons - Can't align to grid/Auto-arrange: My desktop icons are aligning on the left of my desktop. When I try to move them, they snap back to where they were. So, I tried right-clicking the desktop thinking I would uncheck "Align icons to grid". That option was not checked, and neither was "Auto arrange icons". I...
  10. Enable or Disable Changing Desktop Icons in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Changing Desktop Icons in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Changing Desktop Icons in Windows How to Enable or Disable Changing Desktop Icons in Windows Windows includes the common This PC, User's Files, Network, Recycle Bin, and Control Panel shortcuts that you can add or remove as icons on your...