Windows 10: Using Dual Monitors through Remote Desktop while the screens are switched "off"

Discus and support Using Dual Monitors through Remote Desktop while the screens are switched "off" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to use a new window's 10 computer to work remotely with dual monitors. On other computers, I am able to turn off the both screens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GordonD3, Sep 14, 2021.

1. GordonD3 Win User

Using Dual Monitors through Remote Desktop while the screens are switched "off"

I am trying to use a new window's 10 computer to work remotely with dual monitors. On other computers, I am able to turn off the both screens physically, pressing the power buttons on the screens and be able to remote into the computer and work with dual monitor functionality. For this new computer, once I turn off the screens, the computer no longer senses the second monitor and only gives me single monitor functionality. How can I fix this? what setting allows my computer to detect that there are two screens without having the two monitors powered on?

:)

GordonD3, Sep 14, 2021

2. Windows 10 Remote desktop dual monitors.

It seems that Windows 10 is not providing for the use of dual monitors in a remote desktop session. Has anyone had success in using dual monitors? Also, the screen that does come up has extremely small fonts and can't be adjusted.

NyleTaylor, Sep 14, 2021
  3. jcmcbt Win User
    remote access dual monitors

Using windows 10 at home, remote access to windows 7. Want to utilize dual monitors at home (use dual at work) unable to select Use all monitors in options on display tab with remote desktop (grey). Is this a way to utilize my dual monitors at home using
    remote desktop?

ty.

jcmcbt, Sep 14, 2021
  4. Yro82 Win User

Remote Desktop app (NOT Connection) dual monitor

Hey how do I use dual monitor for Remote Desktop app (NOT Remote Desktop Connection). Im on a PC running Windows 10 home.

Yro82, Sep 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Using Dual Monitors through Remote Desktop while the screens are switched "off" - Similar Threads - Using Dual Monitors

2. Remote Desktop Not Allowing the Use of Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Not Allowing the Use of Dual Monitors: I have a Microsoft 11 Home computer and am using the Microsoft Remote Desktop app not the Remote Desktop Connection app. I've been working from home since the pandemic, and have finally invested in a new set-up, but I cannot get the dual monitors to work on my new computer...
  3. Remote Desktop Not Allowing the Use of Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Not Allowing the Use of Dual Monitors: I have a Microsoft 11 Home computer and am using the Microsoft Remote Desktop app not the Remote Desktop Connection app. I've been working from home since the pandemic, and have finally invested in a new set-up, but I cannot get the dual monitors to work on my new computer...
  4. Dual Monitor not available for Remote Desktop App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitor not available for Remote Desktop App: Equipment:-Surface Laptop 4- Home Edition w/ Windows 11-Surface Dock 2-2- HDMI to USB-C adapters-Microsoft Designer Keyboard and Arc Mouse-2- Dell 27" MonitorsWork Equipment:-Lenovo- Pro Edition w/ Windows 10. Issue:When connecting my dock to my Surface Laptop there are no...
  5. Dual Monitor not available for Remote Desktop App

Dual Monitor not available for Remote Desktop App: Equipment:-Surface Laptop 4- Home Edition w/ Windows 11-Surface Dock 2-2- HDMI to USB-C adapters-Microsoft Designer Keyboard and Arc Mouse-2- Dell 27" MonitorsWork Equipment:-Lenovo- Pro Edition w/ Windows 10. Issue:When connecting my dock to my Surface Laptop there are no...
  6. Dual Monitor not switching

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor not switching: I am operating dual monitors on Windows 10. They are extended with one being assigning primary and the other secondary. At times, my primary monitor has gone out a different issue that I am working to fix, but might be connected; I am not sure. When this happens, my secondary...
  7. Remote Desktop Dual Monitor

Remote Desktop Dual Monitor: just downloaded windows 10 Pro, because windows 10 Home didn't support remote desktop. Now I cannot get my second monitor to work in the Remote Desktop, only allows it on one monitor....
  8. Remote Desktop app NOT Connection dual monitor

Remote Desktop app NOT Connection dual monitor: Hey how do I use dual monitor for Remote Desktop app NOT Remote Desktop Connection. Im on a PC running Windows 10 home. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-app-not-connection-dual-monitor/124b215c-3ec6-426e-8981-51d0896c0b2c
  9. dual monitor while connecting remotely

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dual monitor while connecting remotely: I am able to use dual monitors. However, while using only laptop without the 2nd monitor hooked up I am able to remote into my workstation and the screen appears as if I where sitting in the office. When I connect the 2nd monitor the bottom tool bar reverts back to my...
  10. Dual Screen remote in using Remote Desktop Connection client with a VPN?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dual Screen remote in using Remote Desktop Connection client with a VPN?: So here's the skinny. I'm working remotely on the weekends using a VPN through a third-party client right now. It makes me use one monitor to work, and I want to remote in with multi-monitor support. Notes: - I am remoting in from a Windows 10 Home computer into a...