Windows 10: using email acct to log in your windows 10 on pc?

Discus and support using email acct to log in your windows 10 on pc? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Anybody does this is it safe? I use my email passwood acct to log in to my pc?is there any problems with doing this. 37076 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by vejichan, Jan 10, 2016.

1. vejichan Win User

using email acct to log in your windows 10 on pc?

Anybody does this is it safe? I use my email passwood acct to log in to my pc?is there any problems with doing this.

:)

vejichan, Jan 10, 2016

2. Computer Log-on Changes

When I use Skype, I'm forced to log on to my Microsoft account (L: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***).

The next time I boot up my computer (windows 10) it has changed my administrator to the outlook acct and is password protected.

I usually sign on with a local account.....not the outlook acct.

I then have to log-on with the outlook acct and then I can go re-set the log-on to the local user acct again.

Is there a way to prevent outlook from high-jacking my log-on procedure?

Tom Lange 45, Jan 10, 2016
  3. mlg63 Win User
    Windows 10 installed today. I cant get my Windows live mail.

You need to set up a separate user account. The user acct you have setup now is your husband's.

Or if you want to use the same user acct, you can setup your email acct in windows 10 Mail instead of the old Live Mail. Win 10's Mail works better than Live Mail. Click on the Mail tile on the start page and setup your email acct as a second acct.

mlg63, Jan 10, 2016
  4. using email acct to log in your windows 10 on pc?

I set up a new Outlook.com account to use for my Windows 10 machines. I have yet to get a single e-mail in to this account, and I've been using it since last June.

DeaconFrost, Jan 10, 2016
  5. hiphopper Win User
    I've been using my Outlook.com account as well. One thing I like is that you can set up a Pin code to log in to Windows 10 with rather than having to enter your full password as well. I also have two factor authentication set up on my microsoft account for that added sense of security.

Certainly better than folks who use a local login and then set it up to automatically log in so a thief can get all of their stuff just by stealing the phone, tablet, laptop.

hiphopper, Jan 10, 2016
  6. caperjack Win User
    Its been safe for me for over a year now ,,like already suggested ,don't use you main email acct ,create an outlook.com acct, just for use with windows 10 ,

caperjack, Jan 10, 2016
  7. vejichan Win User
    Why is there a problem using your main email acct?

vejichan, Jan 10, 2016
  8. caperjack Win User

nope not at all ,[that I know of anyway ] I guess we are just suggesting the use of another acct just to be on the safe side ,
    never hurts to be safe .
    I actually do you my most used Microsoft acct . but for important emails I use a non Microsoft from my internet service provider ..

caperjack, Jan 11, 2016
  9. I use my ISP provided e-mail account for my Microsoft ID. My e-mail password and Microsoft ID password are two totally different passwords. Microsoft does not have or know my e-mail password. With an outlook.com login the two passwords are the same password, or so it seems. Microsoft already knows you outlook.com password so what's the big deal?

alphanumeric, Jan 11, 2016
  10. vejichan Win User
    Frankly...I have nothin to hide...there isn't any special on my pc or emails...no secret to the universe here

Btw how do u guys set up a restore point on windows 10 ? What other safety precautions should I take?

vejichan, Jan 11, 2016
  11. caperjack Win User
    not something I could help with as I do nothing ,not an issue ,if something happens I just start over

caperjack, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. using email acct to log in your windows 10 on pc? - Similar Threads - using email acct

2. WINDOWS 10 user acct email and pic changed mysteriously

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 10 user acct email and pic changed mysteriously: Today while adding an email to outlook on my win10 laptop, the email and picture for the the username changed.This laptop has myself and stlocal as the users....stlocal I think was put there by the company who's software we use for our business.I added a former employee's...
  3. WINDOWS 10 user acct email and pic changed mysteriously

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS 10 user acct email and pic changed mysteriously: Today while adding an email to outlook on my win10 laptop, the email and picture for the the username changed.This laptop has myself and stlocal as the users....stlocal I think was put there by the company who's software we use for our business.I added a former employee's...
  4. Windows Acct shows logged in but not my profile on pc

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Acct shows logged in but not my profile on pc: Last night my laptop updated .net framework and restarted. When I type in my pin code upon restart it says it's signed in to my microsoft account but the pc profile is different. Like I'm using a guest account. Limited app access and no documents in any folders. My user acct...
  5. Windows log in not not taking acct pwd

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows log in not not taking acct pwd: Having a problem logging into windows, IDK if it is the upgrade or I switched setting somehow. I am prompted for a password at start up which I never got before. I tried my MS acct pwd but I am told I am offline and won't take it. I use a wifi adaptor which only boots up once...
  6. unable to log into Microsoft acct.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    unable to log into Microsoft acct.: I am unable to log into MS acct. I have changed PW several times and whenever I try to log in, it says unable to log in at this time try later. For some reason, there was a "generic" acct added to my site and I have deleted that acct. I created a new acct, and would like...
  7. sent up a wrong email address acct in windows 10 on a new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sent up a wrong email address acct in windows 10 on a new PC: Carelessly when installing a new computer Microsoft acct I spelled .com as .cim. I then needed to set up a new Microsoft acct with my email address with the .com at the end. BUT, now the computer won't let me delete the .cim acct probably because it thinks that is the...
  8. Yahoo email acct. will not open.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Yahoo email acct. will not open.: Virginia Butler1 I can't open my email account. Each time I try to access it, a message appears that says my email account is experiencing a driver error. What do I need to do in order to correct this error? Thanks, Virginia 1...
  9. how to use new email acct

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to use new email acct: I added an email acct (icloud.com) to my original att.net acct. I cannot send or receive email for the icloud.com acct. What do I do? Trightler https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-new-email-acct/5587afd1-f94d-40c7-a24e-db46228d1d18
  10. Email acct. keeps disappearing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Email acct. keeps disappearing.: I have 3 msn. accounts. 1 personal, 2 business. Today one of my business accounts was missing. I went into Manage account and added it back, and it only lasted about 5 minutes. I have to keep reading the account. Also, when it is gone, my personal email then goes back to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to access my laptop using outlook acct