Windows 10: Using Encrypted Media Extensions for interoperable protected media

Discus and support Using Encrypted Media Extensions for interoperable protected media in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Media Source Extensions and Encrypted Media Extensions provide websites with new options for streaming premium audio and video. These specifications... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Using Encrypted Media Extensions for interoperable protected media

Source: Using Encrypted Media Extensions for interoperable protected media | Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

:)

Brink, Oct 26, 2015

2. Netflix on Windows 10 - issues with offline downloads

Netflix uses a unique extension and all the videos are encrypted. Trying to play them with another media player or changing the extension will not work.

AK_Kev_007, Oct 26, 2015
  3. I have Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge browser. I have a page requesting ActiveX be active. How do I activate in Edge?

Hi Dwayne,

Support for ActiveX has been discontinued in Microsoft Edge, and that includes removing support for Silverlight. The reasons for this have been discussed in

previous blogs
    and include the emergence of viable and secure media solutions based on HTML5 extensions. Microsoft continues to support Silverlight, and Silverlight out-of-browser apps can continue to use it. Silverlight
    will also continue to be supported in Internet Explorer 11, so sites continue to have Silverlight options in Windows 10. At the same time, we encourage companies that are using Silverlight for media to begin the transition to DASH/MSE/CENC/EME based designs
    and to follow a single, DRM-interoperable encoding work flow enabled by CENC. This represents the most broadly interoperable solution across browsers, platforms, content and devices going forward.

Check this blog link

Moving to HTML5 Premium Media

Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Oct 26, 2015
Thema:

Using Encrypted Media Extensions for interoperable protected media

1. Using Encrypted Media Extensions for interoperable protected media - Similar Threads - Using Encrypted Media

2. The media is write-protected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The media is write-protected: Good morning, I have issues removing write-protection from my USB flash drive. It has no hardware switch for enabling/disabling write-protection, • diskpart • list disk• sel disk 2• attrbites disk• Current Read-only State : Yes• attributes disk clear readonly reports "Disk...
  3. The media is write-protected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The media is write-protected: Good morning, I have issues removing write-protection from my USB flash drive. It has no hardware switch for enabling/disabling write-protection, • diskpart • list disk• sel disk 2• attrbites disk• Current Read-only State : Yes• attributes disk clear readonly reports "Disk...
  4. this media is write protected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    this media is write protected: I tried accessing the photos and I got the this media is write protected error and I looked up how to fix it and did it but it still says this media is write protected. The photos aren't from another device....
  5. this media is write protected

this media is write protected: I tried accessing the photos and I got the this media is write protected error and I looked up how to fix it and did it but it still says this media is write protected. The photos aren't from another device....
  6. Web Media Extension - Error 0x80073cfb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web Media Extension - Error 0x80073cfb: Several days ago I receive update notification on Microsoft Store for Web Media Extension. I try to install it and get Error 0x80073cfb.My question is did windows 11 need Web Media Extension? If windows 11 need it can anyone help me how to fix the error?Thank you.Best...
  7. HEIF and HEVC Media Extensions

HEIF and HEVC Media Extensions: Bought these and cant find them. When i go to my purchase, it says it was already installed on my PC. When i click "Launch", it brings me to the "movie & TV" page and nothing shows....
  8. "Media is write protected"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Media is write protected": I was always able to click on an icon and view a photo on my PC. Now this message pops up. Please help. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-is-write-protected/aff97eae-a941-4807-8205-6caea7aea58a"
  9. The media is write protected.

The media is write protected.: I keep getting a strange error when I try to open PNG files in Photos, "The media is write protected." None of the files are read only, and I can edit them in any way I want, it only pops up when I try to open them in Photos. Any way to fix this?...
  10. HEIF AND HEVC Media Extensions

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    HEIF AND HEVC Media Extensions: I purchased the above mentioned extensions from Microsoft and got a message from them saying they were attempting to install them on 3 of my pc's. I haven't heard anything in half an hour. How do i tell if they are installed....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. initdatatypes playready keyids