Windows 10: Using enter key to wake computer

Discus and support Using enter key to wake computer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've been having an issue with my laptop since I upgraded to Windows 10. Anytime that I lock my computer, I am unable to get to the unlock screen just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KtoMas, Mar 29, 2016.

1. KtoMas Win User

Using enter key to wake computer

I've been having an issue with my laptop since I upgraded to Windows 10. Anytime that I lock my computer, I am unable to get to the unlock screen just by using the enter key. I used to be able to do this in Windows 8.1. Does anyone know if there's a way to enable this?

:)

KtoMas, Mar 29, 2016
  2. 'Mike P Win User

Pressing enter no longer wakes computer from sleep mode

fwiw

Just tried my ThinkPad. Its Enter key doesn't wake it ... I've always used the Ctrl key.

Somewhere, I think bios setting has a setting to allow or not keyboard to wake from sleep. Mine is set to not allow it to wake,,, but the Ctrl key always does wake it.

'Mike P, Mar 29, 2016
  3. microsoft password

Press Windows key + R

Type: control userpasswords2

Hit Enter

Uncheck 'Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.'

Click Apply then OK

To prevent being prompted after waking.

Open Start > Settings > Accounts > Sign in options

Under Require sign-in

Click in list box then choose Never.

Andre Da Costa, Mar 29, 2016
  4. lmaneke Win User

Hmm, enter works fine on my PC when unlocking.

lmaneke, Mar 30, 2016
  5. KtoMas Win User
    Every so often, it will work on mine, but for the most part, it won't.

KtoMas, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Using enter key to wake computer - Similar Threads - Using enter key

2. Enter keys are not working!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enter keys are not working!: I have Windows 11 laptop. MSI ALPHA 15 and it has two enter keys regular and the num enter key both of them stops working randomly.I have searched this problem on google. I followed the steps which are given on various websites. But I couldn't fix my Enterkey. Key mapping is...
  3. Enter keys are not working!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enter keys are not working!: I have Windows 11 laptop. MSI ALPHA 15 and it has two enter keys regular and the num enter key both of them stops working randomly.I have searched this problem on google. I followed the steps which are given on various websites. But I couldn't fix my Enterkey. Key mapping is...
  4. Wake computer up using ONE key rather than two or more?

in Windows 10 Support
    Wake computer up using ONE key rather than two or more?: Please note I'm not asking how to wake PC up with keyboard/mouse. I noticed on different PCs, it takes a different number of keypresses to wake the PC up. On mine, it takes at least twice on any key to wake it up. How do I force windows to recognize wake up just using any ONE...
  5. Computer used to wake on key or mouse; now needs power button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer used to wake on key or mouse; now needs power button: I posted a long thread last month, about a PC that had a very slow wifi connection. A new card fixed that. Since I got it back from the shop though - and I believe all they did was replace the wireless card - I've no longer been able to wake the computer from sleep by...
  6. Key continues to be entered

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Key continues to be entered: When I'm on my log in page to enter my password in order to gain access to my computer, whichever key i press it will continusly enter that key without me doing anything. Once the character limit has been reached i press backspace and it deletes everything itself and starts...
  7. How to enter correct product key for Windows 10 when a previously used key was entered by...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to enter correct product key for Windows 10 when a previously used key was entered by...: I have two computers, one at home and one at the office. My office bought Windows 10 Professional upgrade licenses for both. I upgraded my computer at home first using one of the product keys. Later, when I was back at the office, I started the process of using the second...
  8. Enter a Product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Enter a Product key: I bought a labtop with window10 . I ran windows recovery to modify personal setting . Since then windows asks me to enter a product key . WHAT TO DO ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enter-a-product-key/db2c1a86-6b24-441a-b7b6-10eef32f0ed6"
  9. Computer wakes up seconds after it enters sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer wakes up seconds after it enters sleep mode.: Recently, whenever I put my computer into sleep mode it will turn on shortly after. Most times, I can hear my computer turn on as I am walking away. I know there may be similar posts, but none of them have solved my specific problem. I have already disabled the LAN setting...
  10. Keyboard no longer waking the computer (used to work).

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard no longer waking the computer (used to work).: I have the "wake the computer with this device" power management box checked (just for the keyboard, not the mouse). It always woke the computer before but for the last few days, the keyboard lights up but no screen. I have to push the Power button to wake it up. USB cable...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wake using enter button

2. use enter button to wake computer