Windows 10: Using Enter/Return key for making paragraphs while texting

Discus and support Using Enter/Return key for making paragraphs while texting in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My setup: latest update of both my phone and laptop YOUR PHONE app. Windows 10, all updates installed. LG V40 smartphone, Android 10.1. Loving the idea... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RandymanRF, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Using Enter/Return key for making paragraphs while texting

My setup: latest update of both my phone and laptop YOUR PHONE app. Windows 10, all updates installed. LG V40 smartphone, Android 10.1. Loving the idea of being able to use my laptop for texting, but having problems:- When using the Enter/Return key on my laptop, it sends the text message. This is similar to some social media programs. I don't want it to do that, I want the Enter/Return key to give me paragraph spacing2. I find it challenging to use the photos I've imported from my phone:- Is there an address on the computer where YOUR PHONE stores photos? I realize I can do a Save As to

:)

RandymanRF, Jul 21, 2021

2. wordpad deletes old text when typing in a paragraph

wordpad used to push old type aside to make room for new text when typing inside a paragraph. Now it deletes old text to make room for new type. How do I return it to the old way?

StevenLinton1, Jul 21, 2021
  3. W1zzard Win User
    List of tooltip texts

• Do not translate the IDS_ strings, only what's inside the "s
    • \n is a newline character that acts like "return" is pressed. so text\n\ntext2 adds a blank line between "text" and "text2"
    • %s is replaced by some inserted text, you may move the %s to other positions within the text, but if multiple %s are present they will be inserted in the same order in all languages

W1zzard, Jul 21, 2021
  4. Using Enter/Return key for making paragraphs while texting

5800XpressMusic - problem entering carriage returns on web

I can enter carriage returns (either hitting the key in the QWERTY keyboard or hitting 0 three times) when texting, writing notes, and using my mailbox set up in messages, but I can't enter carriage returns when editing text boxes on webpages. Webmail,
    comment boxes on Facebook etc, either the carriage return key simply doesn't work, or the carriage return mark appears and is then ignored, and text continues on the same line.

Very frustrating - does anyone know of a fix or a workaround for this?

panderson1979, Jul 21, 2021
Thema:

Using Enter/Return key for making paragraphs while texting

1. Using Enter/Return key for making paragraphs while texting - Similar Threads - Using Enter Return

2. enter password and returns to password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    enter password and returns to password: Computer hacked I enter password and returns to password and the pin says no pin set up exists https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enter-password-and-returns-to-password/dcf20188-2672-465b-b624-80789e7d4333
  3. enter password and returns to password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    enter password and returns to password: Computer hacked I enter password and returns to password and the pin says no pin set up exists https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enter-password-and-returns-to-password/dcf20188-2672-465b-b624-80789e7d4333
  4. enter password and returns to password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot Enter Text Using Handwriting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Enter Text Using Handwriting: When trying to enter text using the pen of my Surface 7+, I don't have the option to switch to the handwriting panel.From watching videos it seems that you should be able to switch to handwriting mode using the gear icon in the top left corner of the touch keyboard panel....
  6. Cannot Enter Text Using Handwriting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Enter Text Using Handwriting: When trying to enter text using the pen of my Surface 7+, I don't have the option to switch to the handwriting panel.From watching videos it seems that you should be able to switch to handwriting mode using the gear icon in the top left corner of the touch keyboard panel....
  7. Return of used key

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Return of used key: I had purchased office Home and student 2019 from amazon, and used it’s key but now don’t need it as I already have one. Can I return the used key? Will I get a refund for the same?...
  8. Is it possible to return a used Windows10 key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to return a used Windows10 key?: So after building my pc a week ago I used my Windows10 home key I bought from the Microsoft website. About 3 days after using it my friend gave me an early Christmas present in the form of a Windows 10 pro key. Now being a reasonable person one, might say the best solution...
  9. stop capitalization when i hit the enter key in a paragraph

in Windows 10 Customization
    stop capitalization when i hit the enter key in a paragraph: In MS Mail on my Win 10 laptop, every time I hit return to get to the next line, it capitalizes the first word on that line. I am often just wanting to break the line, not starting a new sentence. How can I turn off this option of presumed capitals? Tried looking in...
  10. When the key " Enter " is pressed makes a noise.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When the key " Enter " is pressed makes a noise.: Hello everyone who's reading this, if there is any spelling mistakes my apologies. The problem I'm facing is when I press the enter key it makes a noise, what I tried to fix it, I unplugged en plugged my keyboard back in, restarted my computer. It didn't fix it, so I went on...