Windows 10: Using existing pc for windows 10

Discus and support Using existing pc for windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Processor AMD A4-5300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 6.0 5.5 Determined by lowest subscore Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB 5.5 Graphics AMD Radeon HD 7480D... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jim 58, May 2, 2019.

1. Jim 58 Win User

Using existing pc for windows 10

Processor

AMD A4-5300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 6.0
    5.5​
    Determined by lowest subscore
    Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB 5.5
    Graphics AMD Radeon HD 7480D 6.6
    Gaming graphics 1772 MB Total available graphics memory 6.6
    Primary hard disk 812GB Free (931GB Total)

This is a machine that I built 2006 to my satisfaction. I really don't want to have to purchase another machine and my question is will windows 10 run on this machine?

I know how to back up all my data so I should not have any problem transferring.

:)

Jim 58, May 2, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 2, 2019
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, May 2, 2019
  4. r.h.p Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, May 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Using existing pc for windows 10 - Similar Threads - Using existing

2. Can you use an existing Windows 10 key to activate Windows 11 on a new installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you use an existing Windows 10 key to activate Windows 11 on a new installation: I'm planning to replace my motherboard and CPU and would like to reinstall Windows, I'm currently using the Windows 10 installation that came with my prebuilt desktop PC and would like to know if it's possible to use the same license key that I'm currently using to activate a...
  3. Can you use an existing Windows 10 key to activate Windows 11 on a new installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you use an existing Windows 10 key to activate Windows 11 on a new installation: I'm planning to replace my motherboard and CPU and would like to reinstall Windows, I'm currently using the Windows 10 installation that came with my prebuilt desktop PC and would like to know if it's possible to use the same license key that I'm currently using to activate a...
  4. How to delete or at least reuse existing fingerprint data that isn't being used on an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete or at least reuse existing fingerprint data that isn't being used on an...: I started getting frustrated with the inaccuracy of my fingerprint reader, so when I went to redo my fingerprint it gave the error that it was to similar why is this even a thing for 1 account, let me add multiple so there's a better likelihood of one succeeding so I disabled...
  5. How to delete or at least reuse existing fingerprint data that isn't being used on an...

How to delete or at least reuse existing fingerprint data that isn't being used on an...: I started getting frustrated with the inaccuracy of my fingerprint reader, so when I went to redo my fingerprint it gave the error that it was to similar why is this even a thing for 1 account, let me add multiple so there's a better likelihood of one succeeding so I disabled...
  6. Can I create a new hotmail address but use it on an existing Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I create a new hotmail address but use it on an existing Microsoft account?: Hello, I recently had a 'hacking' issue where someone accessed my hotmail account. I want to create a new hotmail address to replace my existing address, but keep all of my related info such as one drive, xbox account etc. So my questions are:1. If I create a new hotmail...
  7. Can I create a new hotmail address but use it on an existing Microsoft account?

Can I create a new hotmail address but use it on an existing Microsoft account?: Hello, I recently had a 'hacking' issue where someone accessed my hotmail account. I want to create a new hotmail address to replace my existing address, but keep all of my related info such as one drive, xbox account etc. So my questions are:1. If I create a new hotmail...
  8. Can I create a new hotmail address but use it on an existing Microsoft account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Will my files exist in my new laptop when I sign in using my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will my files exist in my new laptop when I sign in using my Microsoft account?: If I sign in to a new laptop using my current Microsoft account, will all my files be transferred from my old laptop which is no longer available for use? I don't have my files in a cloud....
  10. Will my files exist in my new laptop when I sign in using my Microsoft account?

Will my files exist in my new laptop when I sign in using my Microsoft account?: If I sign in to a new laptop using my current Microsoft account, will all my files be transferred from my old laptop which is no longer available for use? I don't have my files in a cloud....