Windows 10: Using external hard drive to extend c drive

Discus and support Using external hard drive to extend c drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I've been searching for how to use my external hard drive to create more space on my computer, as well as use it to update to windows 11 but all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BeckyPlant, Nov 15, 2021.

1. Using external hard drive to extend c drive

Hello,I've been searching for how to use my external hard drive to create more space on my computer, as well as use it to update to windows 11 but all the articles suggest fixes that won't work.For the update, they all say I should have a Fix Issues button which will then give me a pop up to select my hard drive; I don't have a Fix Issues button.When I try to find how to use the hard drive to extend my c drive, everything is greyed-out, even when I'm running as administrator. I'm worried if I keep searching and following advice in the articles I'll end up deleting all my files - someone please

:)

BeckyPlant, Nov 15, 2021
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Nov 15, 2021
  3. Extending Hard Drive with Another External HD

I would like to extend my main hard drive on my pc with an external hard drive. currently the 2 hard drives are separate, but I wanted to make them the same location. I have run out of storage space on my C: drive and would like more space to install
    games from steam. the only results I'm really getting are making the 2 drives into a dynamic disk, but I'm afraid that might screw up my PC. is it safe to use this process, or should I try a different method of installing new games? I 'm pretty sure I can
    transfer all the steam related files to the external drive, but i'd rather not go through the effort of learning how to transfer all the correct files over if I can just extend my current C: drive

Nariopolus, Nov 15, 2021
  4. JanaDyck Win User

Using external hard drive to extend c drive

move files from my C drive to an external hard drive.

what steps do I take to move files from my C drive to an external hard drive. My C drive is almost full.

JanaDyck, Nov 15, 2021
Thema:

Using external hard drive to extend c drive

1. Using external hard drive to extend c drive - Similar Threads - Using external hard

2. extending C drive into an external SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    extending C drive into an external SSD: Unable to extend my C drive into an external SSD drive. Have 3 external drives none worked.Related to this could not back my C drive to any of the 3 hard drives.Both o0tions did no work....
  3. extending C drive into an external SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    extending C drive into an external SSD: Unable to extend my C drive into an external SSD drive. Have 3 external drives none worked.Related to this could not back my C drive to any of the 3 hard drives.Both o0tions did no work....
  4. Using external hard drive to extend c drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using external hard drive to extend c drive: Hello,I've been searching for how to use my external hard drive to create more space on my computer, as well as use it to update to windows 11 but all the articles suggest fixes that won't work.For the update, they all say I should have a Fix Issues button which will then...
  5. Using external hard drive to extend c drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using external hard drive to extend c drive: Hello,I've been searching for how to use my external hard drive to create more space on my computer, as well as use it to update to windows 11 but all the articles suggest fixes that won't work.For the update, they all say I should have a Fix Issues button which will then...
  6. Accessing c drive on external hard drive

Accessing c drive on external hard drive: I really don't know how to explain this. But I have 2 computers. A desktop, and a laptop. The desktop had a lot of dust and one of the fans has blown and an electrical smell from the fan area started. I turned the computer off right away.Later, I removed the hard disk drive...
  7. Using a flash-drive or external hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using a flash-drive or external hard drive: Recently every time I try to use a flash-drive or an external hard drive, I get this message. I don't have a problem using the logitech wireless adaptor for my mouse/keyboard but when I insert a flash-drive or external hard drive this pops up. [ATTACH]...
  8. Extending C: Drive

Extending C: Drive: So I was trying to extend my C: drive then this happened...[ATTACH] is there any way I can move them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extending-c-drive/c69cad14-828d-4c3d-9ad0-0b39f94716dd
  9. Extending Hard Drive with Another External HD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Extending Hard Drive with Another External HD: I would like to extend my main hard drive on my pc with an external hard drive. currently the 2 hard drives are separate, but I wanted to make them the same location. I have run out of storage space on my C: drive and would like more space to install games from steam. the...
  10. Extend partition C Drive to another physical hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Extend partition C Drive to another physical hard drive: I just bought a laptop with 128GB SSD and 1TB HDD. The OS is install on 128GB SSD and i had extend partition to it maximum. So can i extend my C partition to 1 TB HDD? (something like RAID 0, but my laptop lenovo ideapad 320s had no RAID in BIOS). So any solution can...