Windows 10: Using external memory

Discus and support Using external memory in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am sure my condition is not weird, but seems so to me! My tablet has 118 GB of memory and I have used it all. Yes, I have done all of the purging... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HenryVII, May 21, 2019.

1. HenryVII Win User

Using external memory

I am sure my condition is not weird, but seems so to me!

My tablet has 118 GB of memory and I have used it all. Yes, I have done all of the purging that is suggested. I have pluged in a 500GB external disk to offload some of the items I don't use on a regular basis. The weird thing is the system then tells me I have an F:drive with 93 GB of memory and D:drive with 376GB (assume the 500 GB drive) available. Question #1 - where did this F drive come from. Now, when I copy, say photos, to place in the D drive, the system tells me I can't move because I don't have enough memory! Question #2 - When I copy data to move, at that instance am I using a duplicate amount of memory to move the items, before I go back and delete off the C drive once the transfer looks good, or in essence how do I move the files if I dont have sufficient memory!

Computers are wonderful tools if you know how to use them!

Thanks...

:)

HenryVII, May 21, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 21, 2019
  3. Memory issues

Thank you for updating us. We suggest that you run the Memory Diagnostics Tool, this is to check your system for memory problems. Follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel and type memory in the search bar.
    • Click on Diagnose computer memory problems to open it.
    • If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Reymichael Ros, May 21, 2019
  4. Using external memory

Choice of memory and motherboard... a bit stuck...

No one who got some suggestions on this one, huh?

I've found out that the Asus M3A78-T needs to be flashed, so then that motherboard is excluded from my list. Which motherboard and memory should I then go for? Any suggestions?

minstreless, May 21, 2019
Thema:

Using external memory

1. Using external memory - Similar Threads - Using external memory

2. Can I use an external drive to swap internal memory drives?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use an external drive to swap internal memory drives?: I have two internal drives, both 1 TB each. I purchased a 2 TB internal drive that I want to install, but I don't have enough space on the current drives to push everything to one drive, remove the other one, and install the 2 TB one. Can I use an external drive to transfer a...
  3. Can I use an external drive to swap internal memory drives?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I use an external drive to swap internal memory drives?: I have two internal drives, both 1 TB each. I purchased a 2 TB internal drive that I want to install, but I don't have enough space on the current drives to push everything to one drive, remove the other one, and install the 2 TB one. Can I use an external drive to transfer a...
  4. high memory use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    high memory use: Hi, Task manager shows that I use around 60% of my RAM, although there isn't really anything running. The RAM usage increases over time and can even reach 100%.If I restart it will drop to around 60% again. I have 8GBs of RAM and have Windows 10 latest update. This problem...
  5. high memory use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    high memory use: Hi, Task manager shows that I use around 60% of my RAM, although there isn't really anything running. The RAM usage increases over time and can even reach 100%.If I restart it will drop to around 60% again. I have 8GBs of RAM and have Windows 10 latest update. This problem...
  6. high memory use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. who is using memory?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    who is using memory?: I have a problem with memory. It is 100% but I can't understand who is using it. I would not like to restart to fix it. The thing that worries me is the high use of virtual memory. I used process monitor but it doesn't tell me how virtual memory is used. Can anyone...
  8. computer not using memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer not using memory: I have 12 gbs of memory installed on my computer. my computer specs recognizes all 12 gbs but windows 10 only uses 4 gbs. is there anyone who knows how to correct this problem....
  9. Sync pc files to external memory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sync pc files to external memory: I have W10 running. wanted to sync specific files/folders to the external SD memory card installed in the computer SD slot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-pc-files-to-external-memory/6a7ab7c6-222a-4038-a400-7df5afd30df0"
  10. downloaded upgrade to external memory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    downloaded upgrade to external memory: I downloaded Windows 10 onto a tablet. I did not have enough space on my tablet's hard drive to save the upgrade file, so Windows prompted me to save the file elsewhere. I saved the download to a microSD card. I've since upgraded to Windows 10, and I am wondering if these...