Windows 10: Using F13-F24 Keys for Keyboard Shortcuts

Discus and support Using F13-F24 Keys for Keyboard Shortcuts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently got a 12-key macro keypad where the keys are programmed to be F13 - F24. These keys are recognized by Windows 10 and I can use them with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by geekinchief, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Using F13-F24 Keys for Keyboard Shortcuts

I recently got a 12-key macro keypad where the keys are programmed to be F13 - F24. These keys are recognized by Windows 10 and I can use them with Autohotkey or with other programs that let you set shortcuts such as OBS. However, I can't set them as keyboard shortcuts when I'm in the properties menu of a shortcut icon. When I hit the F13 key, for example, it doesn't show anything in the shortcut field. Is there a workaround for this or a way to edit the shortcut icons so you can assign keyboard shortcuts to them that the menu doesn't allow?

:)

geekinchief, Aug 5, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Aug 5, 2021
  3. How to disable Windows 10 Function Key Shortcuts

I recently got a new mouse which has some extra buttons. The software allows me to map these extra buttons wherever I want. I saw that the F13-F24 keys were available and selected F15, F16, F17, F18 for various tasks. This works very well except when I want
    to open the start menu.

If I was holding down my PTT key (F18) while pressing the Windows key to open up the Start Menu, Sticky Notes would open up. If I press down Windows + F16, the computer opens a "Slide to Shut Down". Windows + the other 2 keys takes a screenshot and the other
    one makes my displays go black for a few seconds. Is there a way to disable these keyboard shortcuts? I would like to keep my key assignments and avoid having to change them.

PrithviShivaraman, Aug 5, 2021
  4. Using F13-F24 Keys for Keyboard Shortcuts

About Using Apple Keyboard on Windows 10 Notebook

You can use F13 to F24 using Shift + F1 to F12

jbcarreon123, Aug 5, 2021
Thema:

Using F13-F24 Keys for Keyboard Shortcuts

1. Using F13-F24 Keys for Keyboard Shortcuts - Similar Threads - Using F13 F24

2. Are there any shortcuts using F13~F24?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are there any shortcuts using F13~F24?: I've accidentally found out that the combination of Windows & F16 works as a shortcut to slide to shut down. Are there any other shortcuts using F13~F24?...
  3. Are there any shortcuts using F13~F24?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are there any shortcuts using F13~F24?: I've accidentally found out that the combination of Windows & F16 works as a shortcut to slide to shut down. Are there any other shortcuts using F13~F24?...
  4. How can I block Windows system functions, triggered by pressing, 'Windows Key' + F13-F24?

How can I block Windows system functions, triggered by pressing, 'Windows Key' + F13-F24?: I'm using a Corsair Scimitar RGB Elite mouse with its accompanying Corsair iCUE software v.4.33.138. Thumb grid buttons 1-12 are assigned to F13-F24 using iCUE.Within Windows 10 1809, certain mouse key combinations trigger unwanted actions:Windows key + F16 = slide to...
  5. How can I block Windows system functions, triggered by pressing, 'Windows Key' + F13-F24?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I block Windows system functions, triggered by pressing, 'Windows Key' + F13-F24?: I'm using a Corsair Scimitar RGB Elite mouse with its accompanying Corsair iCUE software v.4.33.138. Thumb grid buttons 1-12 are assigned to F13-F24 using iCUE.Within Windows 10 1809, certain mouse key combinations trigger unwanted actions:Windows key + F16 = slide to...
  6. How can I block Windows system functions, triggered by pressing, 'Windows Key' + F13-F24?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. snap using shortcut key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    snap using shortcut key: by using shortcut key my snap not working partial pop up but not save but if open app then working . i update few mothth ago as update coming https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snap-using-shortcut-key/d86a4edb-a033-46dc-b131-6ed8dff84873
  8. Xbox GameBar doesn't recognize F13-F24 keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox GameBar doesn't recognize F13-F24 keys: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/plasticsparks [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/guc2ne/xbox_gamebar_doesnt_recognize_f13f24_keys/
  9. Use Laptop F-key shortcuts on the On-Screen Keyboard

Use Laptop F-key shortcuts on the On-Screen Keyboard: is it possible? I'm looking for any article to see if I could use my Lenovo F key shortcuts such as volume or brightness or basically anything you can do with the Action Center Just without using the action center. I'm about to go check out my Lenovo device website and ask...
  10. 10 useful Windows key keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    10 useful Windows key keyboard shortcuts: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jenmsft [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f0w45n/10_useful_windows_key_keyboard_shortcuts/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows function keys f13 to f24

2. f13 to f24 keypad