Windows 10: Using FFmpeg in Windows Applications

Discus and support Using FFmpeg in Windows Applications in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; It is important to Microsoft that developers can leverage open-source software when building apps for Windows. As part of this effort we’re very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Using FFmpeg in Windows Applications

C#

Code: // Instantiate FFmpeg object and pass the stream from opened file IRandomAccessStream readStream = await file.OpenAsync(FileAccessMode.Read); FFmpegMSS = FFmpegInteropMSS.CreateFFmpegInteropMSSFromStream(readStream, false, false); // Pass MediaStreamSource to Media Element mediaElement.SetMediaStreamSource(mss);[/quote] To submit feedback, pull-requests, or issues, please check out the GitHub repo: Microsoft/FFmpegInterop

If you have a suggestion for other open source projects that would help you make great applications, please let us know in the comments.

For more information about Microsoft’s involvement with open source check out these sites:

[/quote]
    Source: http://blogs.windows.com/buildingapp...-applications/

:)

Brink, Jun 4, 2015
  2. Abi99 (2) Win User

mp4 recordings with E72 need converting

Nokia E72 » Menu » Media » Recorder » Options » Settings » Recording quality

• MMS compatible: AMR
    • Standard: 8 kHz 16 bit PCM in a WAV file
    • High: MPEG-4 with a 48 kHz AAC audio stream in a MP4 container/file
    To use this in Audacity, you need FFmpeg, and you need FFmpeg with MPEG-4 enabled (which is disabled by default normally). I have not tried but
    this FFmpeg installer has MPEG-4 on board – not sure if Audacity is compatible with that particular version. Anyway, more about
    this
    here …

At the end, you might have to compile FFmpeg yourself because you need not just ‘FFmpeg’ but ‘FFmpeg including MPEG-4’. Anyway, I guess this is the best route because you do not need any additional conversions steps or tools which might reduce quality –
    and it is free.

Abi99 (2), Jun 4, 2015
  3. Sam___ Win User
    Saving audio files in .WAV format

Any way around it?

Not that I know of. By default it saves in the mpeg-4 audio format. If you need the files in PCM you'll need to convert them using a 3rd party application such as VLC Player, Winamp or ffmpeg.

-Sam

Sam___, Jun 4, 2015
Thema:

Using FFmpeg in Windows Applications

1. Using FFmpeg in Windows Applications - Similar Threads - Using FFmpeg Applications

2. Remote desktop disconnection and ffmpeg acquisition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remote desktop disconnection and ffmpeg acquisition: Hi to everyone.I experienced a recurring problem after disconnection from several remote pc witch acquire video with ffmpeg from AV USB interfaces. Seems to be remote desktop take control of the audio input device not the video despite of the existing connection to ffmpeg....
  3. Remote desktop disconnection and ffmpeg acquisition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop disconnection and ffmpeg acquisition: Hi to everyone.I experienced a recurring problem after disconnection from several remote pc witch acquire video with ffmpeg from AV USB interfaces. Seems to be remote desktop take control of the audio input device not the video despite of the existing connection to ffmpeg....
  4. Remote desktop disconnection and ffmpeg acquisition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. A Tip in Using the Applications Window

in Windows 10 Customization
    A Tip in Using the Applications Window: Yes, one can initiate the wonderful, terrific, fantastic, Applications window by shell:AppsFolder in Run. BUT if you have Recent items showing in Jumplists, then it will be there on the File Explorer jumplist. So, obviously, it can be opened from there... no need to bother...
  6. Compile FFMPEG on WSL 2 Linux and link it to Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Compile FFMPEG on WSL 2 Linux and link it to Windows: I compile FFMPEG from source built with CUDA support in Linux. Now I want to link the compiled FFMPEG in WSL 2 Ubuntu to Windows so that Windows can detect FFMPEG CUDA. Is it possible to do that?...
  7. ffmpeg - need help with syntax to run

ffmpeg - need help with syntax to run: I'm unfamiliar with ffmpeg but I wanted to check the integrity of a video file since it may not have completed downloading correctly. The general advice everywhere online is to use ffmpeg with this syntax: [path to ffmpeg.exe executable] -v error -i [path to video file] -f...
  8. General question about ffmpeg

in Windows 10 Support
    General question about ffmpeg: Hello, I am just curious and could not find an answer, so I'll ask here, please. Have some multimedia programs (video and audio) all portables. Each one has "ffmpeg,exe" in its folder. But file sizes are different: 269 kb to 448 kb, and one even 34,334 kb. Recently downloaded...
  9. Need Help Installing FFmpeg Converter

Need Help Installing FFmpeg Converter: Hello, I'm not having success installing the FFmpeg Converter on my PC. I was following the instructions posted here. How to Install FFmpeg on Windows: 10 Steps (with Pictures) After I thought I installed it I got this message. [img] When I checked some other...
  10. How can I use ffmpeg commands in QWinFF?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I use ffmpeg commands in QWinFF?: I’ve just started using QWinFF and I was trying to combine an audio and video file together with it. As I know that it supports ffmpeg commands, I tried using the “ffmpeg -i video.mp4 -i audio.m4a -c:v copy -c:a copy output.mp4” command in the advanced tab. Didn’t work!...