Windows 10: Using File Explorer to view SharePoint

Discus and support Using File Explorer to view SharePoint in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Up until today I have been able to use File Explorer to view local files and SharePoint files, by logging into my SharePoint on Internet Explorer and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sarah_poa, May 30, 2022.

1. Sarah_poa Win User

Using File Explorer to view SharePoint

Up until today I have been able to use File Explorer to view local files and SharePoint files, by logging into my SharePoint on Internet Explorer and adding it as a Trusted Site. As of today, I can't log back into Internet Explorer as it's just coming up with messages saying it is being retired, and launching Edge if I try to log in.How else can I make File Explorer work?

:)

Sarah_poa, May 30, 2022

2. SharePoint List Data View crashes IE

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the SharePoint websites on Internet Explorer browser. We will help you with this issue.

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to add the website under trusted sites in Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Follow:

• Open Internet Explorer
    • Click Tools/ Settings at the right top corner of the window.
    • Click Internet Options
    • Click the Security tab
    • Click Trusted sites
    • Click Sites
    • Click on Add this website to the zone to add the site.

Step 2: Change the developer tools to IE 10.

• Open Internet Explorer, access SharePoint 2013
      website.
    • Press F12 key from the keyboard, click on Emulation
      tab, select Internet Explorer 10 and check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 30, 2022
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, May 30, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

File Explorer and viewing pictures

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Click on View Tab.

• Select Detail panel.

• Now if you click on any picture or file you will be able to see the information at the top right corner.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 30, 2022
Thema:

1. Using File Explorer to view SharePoint - Similar Threads - Using File Explorer

2. File explorer view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer view: I'm having a dummy problem. I don't "think" I have changed anything but the view I am seeing when I open File Explorer is different. I understand quick access - but previously I had my most used folders in the lower half of the left hand column. Things that were user specific...
  3. File explorer view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer view: I'm having a dummy problem. I don't "think" I have changed anything but the view I am seeing when I open File Explorer is different. I understand quick access - but previously I had my most used folders in the lower half of the left hand column. Things that were user specific...
  4. File Explorer views

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer views: Is there a way to save a "view" in file explorer? I prefer to see the items in a folder as a List, but every time I open a folder it has defaulted to Details so I have to change it to List.Can the List view be saved as the default?...
  5. File Explorer views

File Explorer views: Is there a way to save a "view" in file explorer? I prefer to see the items in a folder as a List, but every time I open a folder it has defaulted to Details so I have to change it to List.Can the List view be saved as the default?...
  6. Using File Explorer to view SharePoint

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using File Explorer to view SharePoint: Up until today I have been able to use File Explorer to view local files and SharePoint files, by logging into my SharePoint on Internet Explorer and adding it as a Trusted Site. As of today, I can't log back into Internet Explorer as it's just coming up with messages saying...
  7. Using File Explorer to view SharePoint

Using File Explorer to view SharePoint: Up until today I have been able to use File Explorer to view local files and SharePoint files, by logging into my SharePoint on Internet Explorer and adding it as a Trusted Site. As of today, I can't log back into Internet Explorer as it's just coming up with messages saying...
  8. Removing SharePoint synced files from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing SharePoint synced files from File Explorer: Hi, Does anyone know if there is a quicker way to remove files from file explorer that are syncing?At the minute I go into OneDrive > Help & Settings > Settings, find the folder and click Stop Syncing.Then I go into File Explorer and delete the folder when the cloud icon has...
  9. File explorer and view

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer and view: I have created a map and set the view as Small icons. When I try to follow instructions and define a view for this map it will beset for all other views. I do not like to see other maps as View > Properties not as small icons. It is very annoying. How to manage view...
  10. Viewing file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Viewing file explorer: I can only see one folder in file explorer. The button to allow we to reverse the folder to the previous size has vanished so I seem to be stuck on maximum...