Windows 10: Using 'fn' to control Spotify

Discus and support Using 'fn' to control Spotify in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This is a very very minor issue and is very much first world problems. Using 'fn' + 'arrow keys' can be used to pause/play, and next and back, and in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Michael Morpheus, May 25, 2019.

1. Using 'fn' to control Spotify

This is a very very minor issue and is very much first world problems. Using 'fn' + 'arrow keys' can be used to pause/play, and next and back, and in the past I could only control Spotify with this, but now for some reason it also controls video open in the chrome app when I don't think I have changed any settings. I can still control Spotify with these keys, but only if chrome is closed or there is no video/audio playing. Is there a way to revert this back so that it only controls Spotify?

:)

Michael Morpheus, May 25, 2019

2. Spotify

I have just discovered two Spotify entries in the StartUp list in Task Manager.
    However there is no trace of Spotify elsewhere in the system.
    I went through the registry and deleted every reference to Spotify that could find, although some refused to be deleted.
    That made no difference.
    The store shows that Spotify is installed. Which is strange.
    However I found an entry in the Apps list in Start Menu, clicked uninstall and that cleared the problem.

Hairy Scot, May 25, 2019
  3. Unable to integrate Cortana with Spotify.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We can imagine how difficult it could be when app feature do not work the way they supposed to. However, could you please let us know from where you got the Spotify app?

In the meantime, we would suggest you to follow steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

1. Go to Settings > Time & Language.
    2. Click on Region & Language.
    3. Check if country and language is set to United States and
      English (United States).
    4. Then set up Cortana again.
    5. Log out from your Spotify account and log in again.
    6. Then try integrating Cortana with
      Spotify and check.

We would also suggest you to run troubleshoot for Microsoft Store Apps if you have installed the app from Microsoft Store by referring to

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

You may also want to refer
    Fix problems with the Start menu or Cortana for details

Data Loss Disclaimer: While performing
    Reset your PC steps there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, May 25, 2019
  4. Using 'fn' to control Spotify

Brightness control option using the keys "fn + f9" and "fn + f10 are not working on Windows 10.

Original Title: Windows 10 brightness issue

I have an HP ProBook 445 G2 Notebook PC that came with Windows 8.1 Enterprise. I recently did a clean installation of Windows 10 Home. My keyboard had a brightness control option using the keys "fn + f9" and "fn + f10". These brightness control hotkeys stopped
    working after I installed Windows 10, although other hotkeys like the one for volume control still work. The brightness button in the action center cycles only through steps pf 25%, which is sometimes inconvenient. How can I fix this?

SanatMharolkar, May 25, 2019
Thema:

Using 'fn' to control Spotify

1. Using 'fn' to control Spotify - Similar Threads - Using 'fn' control

2. how to use fn lock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to use fn lock: i activated fn lock a year ago and now i have disabled it somehow and i dont know how to enable it back i am using toshiba laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-fn-lock/9d5340bb-4bb3-4aa7-89a5-f1acf033e4f2
  3. how to use fn lock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to use fn lock: i activated fn lock a year ago and now i have disabled it somehow and i dont know how to enable it back i am using toshiba laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-fn-lock/9d5340bb-4bb3-4aa7-89a5-f1acf033e4f2
  4. Fn keys do not need to be used with Fn key. How to Remove it ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fn keys do not need to be used with Fn key. How to Remove it ?: I have a problem that the Fn keys are being used without pressing or holding the Fn button. I want to prevent it . What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fn-keys-do-not-need-to-be-used-with-fn-key-how-to/6a845178-38fd-4d4c-9b0f-122128df346b
  5. Fn keys do not need to be used with Fn key. How to Remove it ?

Fn keys do not need to be used with Fn key. How to Remove it ?: I have a problem that the Fn keys are being used without pressing or holding the Fn button. I want to prevent it . What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fn-keys-do-not-need-to-be-used-with-fn-key-how-to/6a845178-38fd-4d4c-9b0f-122128df346b
  6. Cortana cannot control spotify

in Cortana
    Cortana cannot control spotify: Cortana is unable to play any music via spotify, All it can do is open spotify. The notebook icon which was earlier available is also missing so I cannot go and configure it.Help!!...
  7. How to use Hotkeys without fn?

How to use Hotkeys without fn?: I have an asus ROG laptop. First of all I didn't know how to use the hotkeys but then i learned that you have to press fn key along the f1-12 keys. Now i want to disable the fn key and only use the f1-12 keys to perform the same functions. As I said I have an asus laptop so...
  8. Fn+up/down or Fn+left/right is not working for Music controls

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fn+up/down or Fn+left/right is not working for Music controls: I use ASUS X556UV Laptop i5 6200u. After I reinstalled Windows 10 In July 2020, the combination Fn+up/down or Fn+left/right is not working for Music controls. But Fn+F10/F11/F12 works for sound controls I tried SFC, I tried finding the settings in BIOS settings but can't...
  9. Media control bar not working with Spotify desktop app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media control bar not working with Spotify desktop app: [ATTACH] I could be posting on the wrong sub, so apologies in advance if I am. I run Windows 10 and when I change my volume, the floating media control bar that appears showing the play/pause, skip forward and backward buttons doesn't seem to pop up anymore with the...
  10. Can't use spotify on xbox gamebar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't use spotify on xbox gamebar: once i login it's just closes submitted by /u/Urmomveystr8 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dzisav/cant_use_spotify_on_xbox_gamebar/