Windows 10: Using Galaxy S9 as a USB drive, explorer view is not using my templates.

Discus and support Using Galaxy S9 as a USB drive, explorer view is not using my templates. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Whenever I attempt to use my Samsung Galaxy S9 as a USB drive, Windows explorer returns to the default view by icons, despite trying to make the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SlickRCBD, May 13, 2021.

1. SlickRCBD Win User

Using Galaxy S9 as a USB drive, explorer view is not using my templates.

Whenever I attempt to use my Samsung Galaxy S9 as a USB drive, Windows explorer returns to the default view by icons, despite trying to make the details view the default in all 5 of the standard templates.Worse, when I manually change the view to "details" in the "DCIM" folder or something else, the "date modified" filed, which I have added to all five templates, is not present. This makes it difficult for me to find the pictures I just snapped off today and now want to transfer to my computer. The method I used for changing the template was to open a folder with the types of files I want such

:)

SlickRCBD, May 13, 2021

2. sync videos to Galaxy S9

SYNC VIDEOS TO GALAXY S9

HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SYNC VIDEOS IN MY MEDIA PLAYER TO MY SAMSUNG.

NOTHING WORKS. DOWNLOADED AN APP TO PHONE AND THE SAME APP TO PC. STILL NOTHING. THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING. CAN YOU HELP?

pattybender, May 13, 2021
  3. sync videos to Galaxy S9

Hi,

I am Ganesh Gandhi, an Independent Advisor, 18 years experienced windows guide. I am here to work with you on this problem.

- Open the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter

- Press Start button and type Control panel.

- Type troubleshooting and select Troubleshooting.

- Left corner select view all and select Windows media player setting troubleshooter.

- Follow on screen steps and check.

- Perform same steps for Media player Library too

For Samsung device sync:

1. Connect your Samsung device to your PC using a USB cable.

2. Open Windows Media Player on your PC.

3. Sync your files.

Click on the Sync tab found to the right of the Window Media Player window. You will see your device’s phone model listed on the sync screen.

For Manual Syncing, drag the video tracks from the Window Media Player music list on your PC to your Sync list on the right, and click on “Start sync” at the top of the screen only when all the tracks you want have been added.

For Automatic Syncing, simply click on “Finish” to sync automatically. This will select all the media files from the Windows Media Player list of your PC to sync with your Samsung Galaxy device.

4. Safely disconnect your PC and mobile device once syncing is complete. View the syncing progress on the right side of the Windows Media Player window. When it is done, safely disconnect your devices by clicking on Start again.

Look for “Computer” from the Start list, and click on it. Select your Samsung Galaxy device model, right-click on it, and click on “Eject.”

Once you see the “Safely remove hardware” notification appear on the lower right corner of your PC screen, you can remove your USB cable.

Thanks to wikihow.com

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. I will keep working with you until it's resolved.

Note:

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information with reference. Thoroughly research products advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it. Watch out for ads
    on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products).

GaneshGandhi1982, May 13, 2021
  4. Using Galaxy S9 as a USB drive, explorer view is not using my templates.

It's Time to Update File Explorer for More Than a Music Default Template

There is not just one template in File Explorer, there are five standard templates:

• Generic
    • Documents
    • Music
    • Pictures
    • Video
    and each of these can be modified to your liking.

If you are seeing Music tasks in the Ribbon and music-specific columns in a Detail view when you view your C: drive or a Documents folder, something is off.

Post back with specifics.

Keith

Keith A. Miller, May 13, 2021
Thema:

Using Galaxy S9 as a USB drive, explorer view is not using my templates.

1. Using Galaxy S9 as a USB drive, explorer view is not using my templates. - Similar Threads - Using Galaxy USB

2. Unable to view or transfer files from galaxy s9 via USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to view or transfer files from galaxy s9 via USB: I'm trying to move files from my parent's phone samsung galaxy s9 onto a hardrive using my windows 11 device. All the folders on the S9 are showing as empty when opened on the laptop. I've tried the usual fixes like making sure the phone is unlocked and file transfer is...
  3. Unable to view or transfer files from galaxy s9 via USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to view or transfer files from galaxy s9 via USB: I'm trying to move files from my parent's phone samsung galaxy s9 onto a hardrive using my windows 11 device. All the folders on the S9 are showing as empty when opened on the laptop. I've tried the usual fixes like making sure the phone is unlocked and file transfer is...
  4. Using File Explorer to view SharePoint

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using File Explorer to view SharePoint: Up until today I have been able to use File Explorer to view local files and SharePoint files, by logging into my SharePoint on Internet Explorer and adding it as a Trusted Site. As of today, I can't log back into Internet Explorer as it's just coming up with messages saying...
  5. Using File Explorer to view SharePoint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using File Explorer to view SharePoint: Up until today I have been able to use File Explorer to view local files and SharePoint files, by logging into my SharePoint on Internet Explorer and adding it as a Trusted Site. As of today, I can't log back into Internet Explorer as it's just coming up with messages saying...
  6. Using File Explorer to view SharePoint

7. Copying files to a galaxy s9, skip duplicates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying files to a galaxy s9, skip duplicates: How can I update my downloaded fanfic library that I have sort of backed up to my Samsung Galaxy S9 phone? It's not intended as a backup, more like an offline sync.If I copy all the files in a folder where there are some duplicates on the computer, I get asked what to do with...
  8. Creating and using template documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating and using template documents: I'm a programmer coming back to Windows 11 from Linux after 2 years. And I have gotten used one particular feature that is extremely useful but seems to either be completely absent from Windows or is completely obscured from regular users because its hard to get working when...
  9. can't connect my s9 to new desktop using usb

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can't connect my s9 to new desktop using usb: I have assembled a new computer running win 10 version 1909 and can't connect the phone to the computer anymore. I have installed the drivers and smart switch. When I connect the computer makes a sound and my android phone displays a warning: the connected device does not...
  10. sync videos to Galaxy S9

sync videos to Galaxy S9: SYNC VIDEOS TO GALAXY S9 HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SYNC VIDEOS IN MY MEDIA PLAYER TO MY SAMSUNG. NOTHING WORKS. DOWNLOADED AN APP TO PHONE AND THE SAME APP TO PC. STILL NOTHING. THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING. CAN YOU HELP?...