Windows 10: using gamebar to record video doesn't work for multiple windows

Discus and support using gamebar to record video doesn't work for multiple windows in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; all, I have linked to a sample mp4 that I took. the video is after this description. it is 10MB in size, and 20 seconds long. the image attached... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AdamEvanovich2, Oct 29, 2020.

1. using gamebar to record video doesn't work for multiple windows

all,

I have linked to a sample mp4 that I took. the video is after this description. it is 10MB in size, and 20 seconds long. the image attached shows what my screen looked like when I started recording, and what it always looked like during the entire 20 seconds. notepad is on the right side, firefox on the left. both windows are restored to half the screen size to show the viewer both at the same time. when recording an MP4 with the gamebar, if I switch focus from one window to the other, it does not reflect in the video! it simply shows the same program window that I started in, and remains there throughout. when I switch focus to the other window, nothing is seen in the video other than the window I started in. the active window where I'm recording my activity doesn't even show up! is this just a limitation of the game bar's abilities? if it is, that's absolutely terrible and doesn't really make sense at all. shouldn't a screen recorder of ANYKIND be able to record the actual SCREEN and not just the program that has the window with the highest z-index to start with!?

for your reference: "highest z-index = window on top of all other windows = window that has the focus initially"

thanks.

Adam

sample video on my google cloud drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12yLbO599xCXE_kLRTQwFNERP66QM9x2f/view?usp=sharing

the same video on my site, if you're blocked from watching via google cloud : https://www.adamevanovich.com/forums/ms/gamebar_mp4_sample.mp4

using gamebar to record video doesn't work for multiple windows 764d31b2-c8dd-4915-a5e9-2ad7f708f587?upload=true.jpg

:)

AdamEvanovich2, Oct 29, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

using gamebar to record video doesn't work for multiple windows [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Gamebar does not record sound.....

Hi, recently I have found that gamebar isn, t recording any audio if I use a bluetooth headset. I thought it record the audio from system. How to resolve the issue? Can I recover the audio in recorded videos(I know it's a stupid question but still...)?

sanketmanna, Oct 29, 2020
  4. IcyReaper Win User

using gamebar to record video doesn't work for multiple windows

Gamebar not recording all sounds??

Here is a video properly demonstrating exactly how broken Gamebar is being.

Note: you can see that the Gamebar records shots fired by my TEAMMATES, but not ME.

IcyReaper, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

using gamebar to record video doesn't work for multiple windows

1. using gamebar to record video doesn't work for multiple windows - Similar Threads - using gamebar record

2. Gamebar not recording on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gamebar not recording on Windows 10.: When I join a game, and press Win+Alt+R it says "Recording isn't working. Error: 0x82323619". Can someone help me please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gamebar-not-recording-on-windows-10/67614606-5b07-49cf-abed-9aaba17da369
  3. Gamebar not recording on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gamebar not recording on Windows 10.: When I join a game, and press Win+Alt+R it says "Recording isn't working. Error: 0x82323619". Can someone help me please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gamebar-not-recording-on-windows-10/67614606-5b07-49cf-abed-9aaba17da369
  4. Xbox gamebar recording not recording video clips

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Xbox gamebar recording not recording video clips: When I start recording an important video on the internet so I don't have to go online again to see it once again the video isn't being recorded; instead a black screen is being recorded not the video, although the sound of the video is being played and the surroundings of...
  5. Record multiple videos at the same time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Record multiple videos at the same time: I would like to record n separate windows simultaneously. How can I do this, on Windows? In addition: the outputs should be n different, say .mp4, videos, one for each window it is very important that every window has the corresponding audio recorded as well (and not the...
  6. Gamebar recording: Recording isn't working: error 2147549183

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Gamebar recording: Recording isn't working: error 2147549183: When I'm trying to record my screen WIN + ALT + R, the following pop-up appears: [ATTACH] Yesterday all was working well, however I installed some things: Trust Emita Studio USB Microphone Steam with Trackmania Nations Forever I believe it has to do with the...
  7. Recording issue in GameBar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recording issue in GameBar: Everytime I try to record a game the gambar only records for about 2 seconds and then it stops recording without my knowledge. How do i fix this? ***Original Title: Game bar***...
  8. Gamebar capture not recording audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gamebar capture not recording audio: Gamebar recording isn't capturing audio. How can I fix it? Is it a problem that Gamebar won't let me change the Mix from Monitor to Headphones? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gamebar-capture-not-recording-audio/e9ca356a-ee66-465f-ba3a-2dbccbf1f1ed
  9. Gamebar records videos too bright. Any fixes for this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gamebar records videos too bright. Any fixes for this?: I mean for example, a video game I'm playing, and I'll record using gamebar. When I pause the video and compare it with the game, the brightness is always higher in the recorded video. How can I fix this? I know it's a problem because when I used different software like OBS...
  10. Gamebar recording / playback

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Gamebar recording / playback: Hi. Can anyone help with my kids pc. He uses gamebar to capture clips of his games. And the last week or so hes not been able to play them back. Just gets a pop up saying format not supported. Im not sure if they are even recoding but the timer is moving . Thanks...