Windows 10: Using GIT GUI on Microsoft

Discus and support Using GIT GUI on Microsoft in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I attempt to check out a branch a "Question ?" popup generates saying "Unlink of file 'File path' failed. Should I try again? [ATTACH] When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoshXIV, Jun 12, 2019.

1. JoshXIV Win User

Using GIT GUI on Microsoft

When I attempt to check out a branch a "Question ?" popup generates saying "Unlink of file 'File path' failed. Should I try again?

Using GIT GUI on Microsoft 9533bdaf-e1e8-4a96-93d1-d1e5210f8916?upload=true.png

When I click "No" the popup below generates

Using GIT GUI on Microsoft f9bbcf80-f12a-4c07-af1d-d8f3023ab503?upload=true.png

Why is this not allowing me to check out a branch? What should I try to do?

:)

JoshXIV, Jun 12, 2019

2. git gui

Somehow git-gui has been installed on my windows 10 system. It has installed its commands into the file explorer menu.

It is failing on an SSL call.

I get the following error message

Code:
    fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/dfl1955/xxxxxxx.git/': error:1407742E:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:tlsv1 alert protocol version.
    How can I determine how this was installed?

Is it the windows ssl layer that is a problem?

I have undertaken the work using the windows bash shell and installed git to do it.

I am aware that the error is displayed by what seems to be a non-windows product but the remediation would seem to require using windows tools.

Dave

Dave Levy in London usually, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    What’s new in Git for Windows 2.11?

Source: Whats new in Git for Windows 2.11? | Microsoft Application Lifecycle Management

Brink, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Using GIT GUI on Microsoft

Ubuntu terminal not displaying git messages correctly

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the output for Ubuntu terminal is not showing properly for GIT commands.

I suggest you to try re-enabling Windows Subsystem for Linux and then uninstalling and re-installing Ubuntu from Microsoft Store. Follow the steps to disable Windows Subsystem for Linux and uninstall Ubuntu.

Disable Windows Subsystem for Linux:

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run.
    2. In Run dialog box, type
      appwiz.cpl
      and hit enter.
    3. Now on the left hand pane click on
      Turn Windows features on or off.
    4. Now on the Windows feature window scroll down and uncheck the box next to
      Windows Subsystem for Linux.
    5. Click on OK and Restart the PC.

Uninstall the Ubuntu app:

1. Go to Settings >
      Apps > Apps & features.
    2. Now search for Ubuntu app.
    3. Click on the app and click on
      Uninstall
    4. Follow the onscreen instructions.

To enable the Windows Subsystem for Linux you can refer the article

Windows Subsystem for Linux Installation Guide for Windows 10

If the issue persists, I suggest you to post your query on

TechNet forums
    as they have dedicated support for issues related to Windows Subsystem for Linux.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Using GIT GUI on Microsoft

1. Using GIT GUI on Microsoft - Similar Threads - Using GIT GUI

2. git and pywb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    git and pywb: I am trying to install pywb onto a local virtual machine environment (folder). System is debian 11.3 (Bullseye), Local Personal Computer. with Python 3.10.6, which has pip and setuptools. I understand it might not run here, this excersise is only to figure out how to install...
  3. Couldn't use wsl gui

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Couldn't use wsl gui: [ATTACH] Please don't direct me to any other forum. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/couldnt-use-wsl-gui/43e9e847-7b06-42f5-9510-b0d1a5c43857
  4. Is Microsoft's Robocopy GUI still available

Is Microsoft's Robocopy GUI still available: I've followed several links trying to find the genuine Microsoft GUI for Robocopy by Derk Benisch as per... [img] but the links don't work. Is there a reason it's been withdrawn, or am I not looking in the right places? 176362
  5. Whats the right way to use Git on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Whats the right way to use Git on Windows 10?: Hello fellows. After more than 15 years on Linux I'm migrating to Windows 10 this year. Things seems to be more user friendly now. It was pretty annoying initially but I finally managed how to block Cortana, Start Menu Web Search and others craps through firewall and gpedit...
  6. OneDrive Git repository

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Git repository: I moved a git repository to my OneDrive on my computer, and OneDrive got stuck on "Looking for changes" and refused to sync any files on my computer. This continued for days through restarting my computer and OneDrive multiple times. Only solution was to remove my repository...
  7. git gui

git gui: Somehow git-gui has been installed on my windows 10 system. It has installed its commands into the file explorer menu. It is failing on an SSL call. I get the following error message fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/dfl1955/xxxxxxx.git/': error:1407742E:SSL...
  8. Git for Cortana

Git for Cortana: I think that just Git is not enough. Who thinks anybody would use Git for Cortana "Clone <username/repository> to my computer" "Commit <file> to <username>s repository <repository>" "Create a new issue about <???>" ^ Examples By the way does dis support MD...
  9. OpenVPN GUi: Where's the GUI?

OpenVPN GUi: Where's the GUI?: I am trying to setup the VPN service provided by my Nighthawk AC1900 Router. I think that the service/router side is setup. Now I am trying to get the client side going. On this Windows 10 client laptop I have installed OpenVPN GUI. It's running according to Task Manager and...
  10. GUI

in Windows 10 Support
    GUI: Has anybody else got this GUI don't know how I got ir presume it came down from an upgrade. It really is brilliant but what I want to know is can I change it? 102886

Users found this page by searching for:

1. git difftool git for windows